View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Thank You From Auction Charity 
Site Admin

Post Thank You From Auction Charity
I want to post you a thank you I received today from the Church Of The Nativity. The church, as you are aware was the recipient of the money from the Getting Heavier drum head auction.

To all those who bid and one...I know you've heard this before...but I think this note will really drive home, how much good this did.

Thanks also to Racer X....this was a great thing to do.

Ken,

I want to thank for your persistance and all the work you did for the Nativity Adopt -A -Family Program. The contributions from your group helped provide food and food vouchers for 162 families this Christmas. I wish you could have seen the excitement and joy on the faces of the children and their parents as we came with the toys and food. This is what Christmas is really all about!

Thanks again for all you did for those 162 families.

God Bless,
Mary Ellen Peloso

Regards,
Ken

Last edited by KenHower on Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 04, 2003 2:43 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

That's awesome! But do I have to see you flipping me off while I'm reading about Racer X and their fans helping feed 162 families? :D

btw...bid and won :D

Tue Feb 04, 2003 2:54 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

That's awesome! But do I have to see you flipping me off while I'm reading about Racer X and their fans helping feed 162 families? :D

Ok..I fixed that. Which one did you win??

Regards,
Ken

Tue Feb 04, 2003 2:58 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

LOL! I wasn't trying to get you to change your avatar. I just thought it was funny to read the serious topic, but at the same time seeing you flipping the bird.

Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:01 am
Profile YIM
Golden God

I bid and won,also........I think everybody knows which one I got!!!
That's an awesome note,Ken.They sent me a thank you card as well.....very cool!!

Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:01 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Jeff wrote:

Ok..I fixed that. Which one did you win??

I didn't win any of them. I was just poking fun at an error in your original post.

Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:03 am
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

I bid and won,also........I think everybody knows which one I got!!!
That's an awesome note,Ken.They sent me a thank you card as well.....very cool!!

Thats cool man...good to know we helped!! Gives you that warm, "well Mom said it would feel good to do something postive in your life" feeling inside, eh? and Sean, didn't you get Siren's Eye? or was it Lucifers Hammer...? Keep forgetting... :wink: and I like your sig man...very funny!!
Nice Avatar Ken...but next time, I think we ALL deserve the double bird treatment...

Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:40 am
is O.H.B.

Did you ever get the money for the last bass drumhead Ken?
I was wondering if I could submit the total (?) , the picture of Jeff with the heads (I think I still have It) and the letter you got to some of the metal mags

Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:53 am
Viking Kong

I got a thank you note also.
I was wondering if I could submit the total (?) , the picture of Jeff with the heads (I think I still have It) and the letter you got to some of the metal mags

whoa Ruth...good idea!! C'mon Ken, can she pleeeease??? Like they say(and keeps coming up on this board for some reason)"theres no such thing as bad publicity!"
Man, Ruth, thats a great idea!

Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:29 am
Site Admin

I got a thank you note also.

Of course. The total donated is $1523.

And no..but the guy emailed me today...he's in Germany, and having problems with the bank...we've worked it out. He's legit...I checked his Ebay rating, and it's perfect...just that all the positives are in German. I got some help from GETAWAY sending me a note in German.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:33 am
Profile WWW
is O.H.B.

Any chance of doing something like this again for Easter?
Maybe an auction for some of the stuff from the upcoming shows or how about some autographed pictures?

Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:31 am
Viking Kong

^ hey ruthie...do you think your gonna send some stuff to those metal mags? if you do, we(well, you) should try to get pictures of everybody with their drumhead...and if you do end up sending em, ill help pay for em if you wanna.

Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:20 am
Site Admin

Any chance of doing something like this again for Easter?
Maybe an auction for some of the stuff from the upcoming shows or how about some autographed pictures?

I dunno. That was a lot of work...lugging stuff 100 miles to work to send it out.

The harder part is...getting them all together to sign something....VERY RARE occurance.

All 4 together (May 2001, January 2002, October 2002 and January 2003 (for 10 minutes))

Regards,
Ken

Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:29 am
Profile WWW
is O.H.B.

^ hey ruthie...do you think your gonna send some stuff to those metal mags? if you do, we(well, you) should try to get pictures of everybody with their drumhead...and if you do end up sending em, ill help pay for em if you wanna.

I have already sent it to alot of mags by email.
I just got a letter from Brave Words that they are posting it and hopefully it will be in the magazine also

Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:48 pm
Viking Kong

Shredder wrote:

I just got a letter from Brave Words that they are posting it and hopefully it will be in the magazine also

alright cool....we can only hope...

Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:53 pm
Site Admin

Shredder wrote:

Very Cool Ruth. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Regards,
Ken

Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

I think this was a great idea and I respect Ken/Chad & Racer X for coming up with this kinda deal. And for those of you who bid on them!!!!
Ill win next time!!!!!!

Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:34 pm
is O.H.B.

Here is the news about the charity auction on the Brave Words site. Hopefully it will be in the magazine also.
I sent a copy of the letter Ken received and a pic of Jeff with the heads but they didn't post it.
http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=4037

Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:53 am
Viking Kong

That'd be cool if the Church of the Nativity asked Racer X to play for them because of their large donation. The kids would be blown against the wall.

Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:13 am
Site Admin

Here is the news about the charity auction on the Brave Words site. Hopefully it will be in the magazine also.
I sent a copy of the letter Ken received and a pic of Jeff with the heads but they didn't post it.
http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=4037

Cool Ruth....That's great.

Regards,
Ken

Sun Feb 09, 2003 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next