View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 MY KIND OF WOMAN ?????!!!! 
Promises to use Search button

Post MY KIND OF WOMAN ?????!!!!
do you know that in the ALBUM , SUPERHEROES

the song MAD AT THE WORLD, was written taking the riff of a famouse

MRBIG song, "my kind of woman" .

someone can explain me this ??

i still think that this band is great, but PAUL GILBERT is better in MRBIG.

he is one of my superheroes, but i don't undestand why he doesn't want

a MRBIG reunion !!!

anyway...

bye everyone

Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:19 pm
King Of The Monsters

http://www.racerxband.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=4379

there is the answer 8)

Image Image

Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: MY KIND OF WOMAN ?????!!!!
giosmrbig wrote:
a MRBIG reunion !!!

Never say never....but my instinct on this is never will happen. Paul's moved on. Be happy.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Yeah, most of us know about the "My Kinda Woman" / "Mad at the World" comparisons.

Incase any of us are too lazy to move to a different thread for this:

Paul had been playing "Mad at the World" with Racer X since before he left for Mr. Big, but never actually recorded the song until it was changed to "My Kinda Woman" for the Lean Into It album.

Then he took the melody that he wrote for it about 10 years later, and recorded "Mad at the World" on Superheroes.

A Mr. Big reunion with the original members looks slim to nothing. Paul is recording his solo material and is still with Racer X (part-time, we assume). Eric Martin has his own solo career now with his wife on drums. Billy Sheehan is still doing his acts with the bands that he performs with... and Pat Torpey... well I am assuming he's still out there doing his thang. :lol:

Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:47 am
Site Admin

Then he took the melody that he wrote for it about 10 years later, and recorded "Mad at the World" on Superheroes.

Jeff wrote the original words/melody back in the 80's. The lyrics are very meaningful, and not just some sappy tune about a woman.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Ryan wrote:

Jeff wrote the original words/melody back in the 80's. The lyrics are very meaningful, and not just some sappy tune about a woman.

Jeff wrote the song? So "Mad at the World" was all Jeff?

Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:09 pm
Site Admin

No...Paul wrote the music....Jeff wrote the lyrics and the melody. Typical, of most of the Racer X songs.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

No...Paul wrote the music....Jeff wrote the lyrics and the melody. Typical, of most of the Racer X songs.

There we go... that clarified it :)

Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:38 pm
Viking Kong

.. and Pat Torpey... well I am assuming he's still out there doing his thang. :lol:

Pat just played at the Baked Potato with a couple of his jazz buddies a couple of weeks ago...X :wink:

Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:38 am
is evil...Evil Joe

I hear eric Martin joind the Tak Matsumoto group alongside Japanese Guitar virtuoso Tak Matsumoto (no, really...) and the bass player from Night Ranger....Brad Gillis I think is his name, too lazy to look it up right now.

I'd definitely like to hear new Mr. Big material but I'm not getting my hopes up, everybody has moved from there and if they reformed, a lot of people would surely think "Oh, looks like they're broke and want to rekindle their 1990s success before retiring" or stuff like that. So I rather treasure the good times and be happy instead of being sad because there's no Mr. Big reunion on the horizon

so long
ace

Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:45 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
God Of The Sun

actually brad gillis was one of the guitarists for night ranger along with jeff watson......jack blades was their bassist.......................btw,welcome to the forum.....................................................ron

"playing the crazy double neck,screaming my lungs out,playing crazy licks.....enjoy!"

My future ex-wife is Milla Natasha Jovovich..... and monkeys will fly out of my butt.

Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:56 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

You are of course totally right, and thanks for the welcome. Anyway, here'S the news bit on Eric Martin's page

http://ericmartin.liquidcodedesign.com/ ... &SubLink=3

so long
ace

Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Superhero

The mr big version is PANTS compaired to the racer x one.. It makes you see how goddamn good Jeff Martin is.

Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]