View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Laney valve amp Rigs 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Laney valve amp Rigs
Hey everybody,

Quite a newbie to the forum.

Recently bought a Laney GH50L and using it with a Carvin legacy 2x12 Cab. I sold my Marshall head as the tone was always too muddy for my liking and my 4x12 cab was destroying my back and my the trunk of my car!

The core tone sound of the Laney Amp is great, but since there is no built in reverb the sound is very dry. Have had many unsuccesful attempts at using multi-fx units, digitech, Line 6 etc but they all seem to suck all the tone out my amp. Only the Boss Delay pedal has retained the amps tone. I borrowed a rack unit Alesis Microverb4 put it through the FX loop which has great reverbs and delays and I am using it with some success , but I would much prefer a floor pedal to do the same job.

Have had useful advice from Doug Stapp (www.dougstapp.com) on this matter, but thought I`d throw it into the forum.

So to all you Laney GH50/100L VH100 amp head users, what effects to u guys use and how do u configure them through your effects loops.?

Cheers
Col - Guitarist in Snake Eyes

Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]