View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 BC RICH MOCKINGBIRD 
Motorman

Post BC RICH MOCKINGBIRD
I've been thinking about buying a new guitar for...well, like, 4 days, and I know I love the Iceman, but for looks and shape, I think the only other guitar that interests me is the BC Rich Mockingbird. Do you any of you guys know how playable it is (i.e. in comparison to an RG), how it sounds, and how good the construction is? I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks!

Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:16 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

i duno about the mocking bird, bu ti played one of those acyrlic worlocks and it was pretty sweet. neck like butter. I assume that the acrylic mockingbird would be about hte same, or any other mockingbird for that reason.

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong

By "acrylic" I'm assuming you mean those transparent plexiglass pieces of crap Miguel a.k.a."Meegs" from Coal Chamber endorses... Those are way too fucking heavy and dont reonate real well, i.e. the tone and sustain suffer... The ORIGINAL BC Rich MockingBirds and the BC Rich Bitch play very well (if you're into those kooky shaped guitars)... A friend of mine has an OG MockingBird and its a neckthrough model and that thing is PHUQUIN SWEET!!!...X

Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:12 am
God Of The Sun

Dude, i dunno what your talking about, that worloxk i played sounded, and sustained just as good as any wood body guitar ive played.

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:30 am
Profile YIM WWW
God Of The Sun

Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:34 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Xela...is slowly but surely catching DR.

LOL i wasnt trying to beat him out or anything. i figure the only reason im ahead of him is because i had access to computers over the holidays.

Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong

Xela...is slowly but surely catching DR.

lol, HE-COULD-GO-ALL-THE-WAY!!! BUT NO!!! HE MISSES, JUST LIKE THE RAIDERS!!!(JK BRO...PLEASE DONT RUN ME OF THE ROAD AGAIN...)

Tue Dec 31, 2002 6:37 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Post USA RICHs
USA BC Richs are fucking great. I own 5 right now, and i used to have a custom shop 7 string mockingbird. Most people dont know about them.. but you can get neck through all mahogany, ebony board, cool abalonie inlays in many shapes, great figured tops with dimarzios or duncans, choice of bridges, for about half the price of a machine made CNC routed PRS overpriced guitar that doesnt sound good and plays like crap. The only PRS ive ever liked is the one I own, which is a first year swamp ash special.. But every usa neckthrough rich ive played was fantastic.. very consistent. The only company more consistent is Parker, but then again, Parker is just the fucking best at everything.

Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

I got the Mockingbird at the San Jo Guitar Center for $200. I went to the Guitar Center in the city and saw the Iceman for $300 and figured I'd look round the East Bay and I figured I'd find another one but by the time I got to the BIG store in San Jo it was late...they had SOLD OUT of Icemans. Bollocks.

I ended buying the Mockingbird. My ex's parents were like "you worship Satan...get out of this house!!!". Whatever.

It plays well, and the pickups are a litte fuzzy sometimes - it looks really cool which is why I bought it and unlike 90% of RG's I've played the strap nut stays IN. But what really gets on my tits is the fact that the sonofabitch can't stay in tune for more than 15 minutes at a time. Great. And when you bend the strings, the whole damn thing goes out of tune. I would get a refund but there's no way I'm hauling my ass over there AGAIN. Psssshhh. Whatever.

Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]