View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Bill Lawrence L-500L 
Dr. X

Post Bill Lawrence L-500L
Guys/Gals i got my new pup from Bill who has moved to cali now from PA and put it in my rg 220 and whew is it hot, the thing i love the most about it is it is SUPER clean and almost single coil like, little twangy, pour on some gain and watch out. The only thinkg is it lacks some low end stock, but thats what the bass eq is for on my cyber twin. Paired with the Dimarzio Humbucker from hell in the neck, i have found and AWESOME combination!!!!! I can see why nuno bettencourt has used them for years! I am going for a 500-XL next, the one Dime used to use B4 he sold out. I heard the Duncan has pretty close to the same distorion, but clean it blows compares to the REAL DEAL.

PS sad little side note.... i am without my Rg220 which is my baby and lovingly dubbed the "Death Metal Mallet". It was on its stand when my buddy sax case toppled over onto it, hit the bridge and loosened the low E and A strings. The intonation is out of wack now so i took it in to be done professionally. (I do it myself ussually, but i dont have a $700 tuner thats accuarate to a fraction of a cent.)

Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:18 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]