View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Jeff Records With Kevin DuBrow 
Site Admin

Post Jeff Records With Kevin DuBrow
Jeff just sent me these photos from recording with Kevin DuBrow. I thought I would share.

Kevin, Gunther, Jeff. Mike (ex-Great White) and Kevin.

Band Mascot....Scoobie Screw.

I'll let you know more info about any release dates.

Regards,
Ken

Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:14 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

That's pretty cool. What kind of music are they recording?

Thanks,

JE

Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:20 pm
Site Admin

I don't know. I know Jeff had a really good time from his email. We're supposed to talk on the phone sometime today. So, when I know I'll let you know. I'm curious as well.

Regards,
Ken

Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Radical! Looks like everyone in Racer X is busy, but at least their all having a good time!

Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:31 pm
God Of The Sun

Radical! Looks like everyone in Racer X is busy, but at least their all having a good time!

As long as they're having a good time and being happy...that's what counts...more power to all of them...

Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Hey Gunther...Yngwie called and he wants his wardrobe back!! :lol:

Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:45 pm
Profile YIM
King Of The Monsters

Kevin DuBrow looks familiar, in wich band was he?

Image Image

Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Great!
Kevin DuBrow looks familiar, in wich band was he?

Quiet Riot. Bang Your Head!

Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:22 pm
Profile YIM
King Of The Monsters

HE did 20 questions on metal sludge time ago, that´s why his face was familiar to me

Image Image

Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:35 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

Does Kevin DuBrow look younger in those photos than he did when he was in QR?

I really dig some of QRs CDs. I just listened to the Randy Years QR CD and he did an outstanding job on that disc.

JE

Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:50 am
Site Admin

Kevin looks great...considering QR was started in 1975.

Regards,
Ken

Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:39 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

Kuulness!!.... btw, did you talk to him on the phone yet?? :wink:

Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:22 am
Site Admin

I just talked to Jeff on the phone. The album sounds really cool. It's a remakes of classic 70's rock....Jeff said he really dug the tunes...some were really cool, and obscure. Stuff like Mott The Hoople, Sweet, Humble Pie....

Regards,
Ken

Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

I just talked to Jeff on the phone. The album sounds really cool. It's a remakes of classic 70's rock....Jeff said he really dug the tunes...some were really cool, and obscure. Stuff like Mott The Hoople, Sweet, Humble Pie....

Sounds good to me, but no SLADE?? :P

Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:16 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Could be...I don't know. Jeff was just rattling off bands.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:17 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

*Raises fist for Jeff*!! Hell yeah, I'm happy for the motorman!! :twisted:

Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:33 pm
Unt! I move topics!

Does Kevin DuBrow look younger in those photos than he did when he was in QR?

Yeah, that wig takes at least ten years off his appearance.

Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

yep..but his face still looks youthful. Funny..I was at Jeff's house on Friday...and Kevin called. Strange....still is weird to me.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

This even got mentioned on Blabbermouth.net!

QUIET RIOT Singer To Record Album Of Covers - Jan. 4, 2004

QUIET RIOT vocalist Kevin DuBrow is currently recording an album of his favorite cover tunes from the 1970s. "This album's a real labor of love," says DuBrow. "When Mike Varney of Shrapnel Records approached me about doing this I already had the songs selected." The album will feature songs originally done by HUMBLE PIE, MOTT THE HOOPLE and SILVERHEAD, just to name a few. The recording is being done at Field Of Dreams studios in Las Vegas, Nevada and features Kevin DuBrow on vocals, Kevin Curry on guitar, German bassist Gunter Nezhoda and former BADLANDS/UFO drummer and RACER X vocalist Jeff Martin. The album is being engineered by former GREAT WHITE member Michael Lardie, who also adds keyboards to the album. The album is being produced by Kevin DuBrow and Micheal Lardie and will be released on Shrapnel Records sometime in early 2004.

Always nice to see a mention on the X-Men.

Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:46 am
Godzilla

KEVIN DuBROW IN FOR THE SOLO KILL:

Shrapnel Records will release Quiet Riot vocalist Kevin DuBrow's first ever solo album titled In For The Kill on May 25. The album is a collection of DuBrow's favorite songs from the 1970's. The track listing is as follows:
Burn On the Flame - Sweet . Good Rocking Tonight-Montrose . Black Sheep Of The Family - Quatermass/Rainbow/Chris Farlowe . Speed King - Deep Purple . Stay With Me - The Faces . Red Light Mama, Red Hot - Humble Pie . Gonna Have A Good Time - The Easybeats . Drivin' Sister - Mott The Hoople . Razzmatazz - Nazareth . 20th Century Boy - T-Rex . Rollin' With My Baby - Silverhead.

"I know that like myself many people are apprehensive about an album of cover songs, and usually for good reason. But I think that this CD has it's own unique sound, personality, and still kicks ass. I feel that we stayed true to the original songs while at the same time did our best to make them our own. It's not a 'Karaoke Kevin' album!" says DuBrow. The players are Kevin DuBrow - Vocals, Kevin Curry - Guitars, Gunter Nezhoda - Bass, Jeff Martin - Drums and Michael Lardie - Keyboards and Harp.

The album was produced by Kevin DuBrow and Michael Lardie. The album also reunites DuBrow with original Quiet Riot Bassist Kelly Garni who did the photography for the CD package. The release date is May 25, 2004 on Shrapnel Records in the U.S and shortly thereafter on Mascot Records in Europe. DuBrow will be on tour all summer in support of the new album.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of freedom." - John F. Kennedy 1961

Wed May 12, 2004 3:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next