View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Questions for Bruce Bouillet (get 'em in by January) 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Questions for Bruce Bouillet (get 'em in by January)
Hi, guys. I've been in contact with Bruce Bouillet for about a month about doing an interview with him regarding his own story as well as the general history of Racer X from 1986-88. Since he's recently done podcasts where he talks about some of this stuff, I'm avoiding any repeat questions (ex. "how did you meet Paul", "how many hours were you guys practicing back then") and trying to get some more specific details or lesser-known facts about the band during the Second Heat era. If you've read the wiki, then you know that I've gleaned a lot off of old tapes from the 80's, but there are still some blank spaces to fill.

He's pretty booked for a bit (got a lot going on, which is good!), but said that we'll talk right after New Years to schedule this thing. If anyone has any questions they'd like me to ask him, let me know in this thread before January so I can try to get them in. And if you just want to write him a thank you for the killer guitar work that he's given us through the years, then write it just the same and maybe I'll read them off or copy-paste-and-send them to him after the interview. Thanks guys, and of course hats off to Bruce for being the coolest ever in doing this. Really a top-shelf guy.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:45 pm
Godzilla

Post Re: Questions for Bruce Bouillet (get 'em in by January)
EternitysEnd wrote:
Hi, guys. I've been in contact with Bruce Bouillet for about a month about doing an interview with him regarding his own story as well as the general history of Racer X from 1986-88. Since he's recently done podcasts where he talks about some of this stuff, I'm avoiding any repeat questions (ex. "how did you meet Paul", "how many hours were you guys practicing back then") and trying to get some more specific details or lesser-known facts about the band during the Second Heat era. If you've read the wiki, then you know that I've gleaned a lot off of old tapes from the 80's, but there are still some blank spaces to fill.

He's pretty booked for a bit (got a lot going on, which is good!), but said that we'll talk right after New Years to schedule this thing. If anyone has any questions they'd like me to ask him, let me know in this thread before January so I can try to get them in. And if you just want to write him a thank you for the killer guitar work that he's given us through the years, then write it just the same and maybe I'll read them off or copy-paste-and-send them to him after the interview. Thanks guys, and of course hats off to Bruce for being the coolest ever in doing this. Really a top-shelf guy.

Ok.

1. What part did John Moore play in DC-10?
2. Were you in any bands before Racer X?
3. Did any of them record with you/you record with any of them?

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:25 pm
Godzilla

@Gringo The answers to your last two questions should be covered in his interview with Brian Sword of The Double Stop podcast. :)

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:28 pm
is the Siren's Eye

Following up on what Gandalf said, he also talks on Amps & Axes about being a sophomore in high school and having a local band in Vincennes that was getting decent radio play on the local station and renting out airplane hangars to play pretty sizable crowds. I'll ask him what the band was called and what sort of stuff they were playing.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:21 am
Godzilla

Gandalf wrote:
@Gringo The answers to your last two questions should be covered in his interview with Brian Sword of The Double Stop podcast. :)

Ok, I found it.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:44 am
Promises to use Search button

I noticed that Bruce is the guy that asks people to remove some videos from YouTube. One of the videos is that interview with Chris Arvan in a hotel pool for a Japanese TV. The other video he asked to remove from s a guitar clinic Of him from 89/90. The question is if he could make it available for us here or if he intends to release a special dvd or something.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:35 pm
is the Siren's Eye

roberto.renner wrote:
I noticed that Bruce is the guy that asks people to remove some videos from YouTube. One of the videos is that interview with Chris Arvan in a hotel pool for a Japanese TV. The other video he asked to remove from s a guitar clinic Of him from 89/90. The question is if he could make it available for us here or if he intends to release a special dvd or something.

I'll ask him, but last I recall the person removing those was actually some Japanese guy? I've never gotten a definitive answer on that. I know what video you're talking about though, the pool interview.

With regards to the clinic vid... Mac_Pro's dropbox has one of Bruce' Ibanez clinics from 1988, I dunno if that's the one you're looking for. It also has a private lesson of his from 1992-ish.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:18 am
is evil...Evil Joe

i would like to know if he still has his ada mp1, and if so does he ever pull it out

Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:22 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Ask Bruce when is he going to release the video of Racer X rehearsing video shot by Verne?
Bruce mentioned about this video through a google hangout interview with Paul Gilbert that was uploaded on YouTube. They were asked if Bruce or Paul had any unreleased material that they could release. Paul mention that he has almost a complete never heard Racer X song that all was needed to track bass. And then Bruce brings up about video he has of them rehearsing video shot by Verne and then Paul went absolutely nuts about it. This is something I like to see

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:48 am
is the Siren's Eye

Mac_Pro wrote:
Ask Bruce when is he going to release the video of Racer X rehearsing video shot by Verne?
Bruce mentioned about this video through a google hangout interview with Paul Gilbert that was uploaded on YouTube. They were asked if Bruce or Paul had any unreleased material that they could release. Paul mention that he has almost a complete never heard Racer X song that all was needed to track bass. And then Bruce brings up about video he has of them rehearsing video shot by Verne and then Paul went absolutely nuts about it. This is something I like to see

You read my mind, I remember that exact thing and was gonna ask.

Also in the 1988 Bruce clinic from your Dropbox, he mentions that they'd pretty much recorded a full third album (not fully produced, so probably a demo) right before breaking up that had stuff like "Set The World On Fire" and all those songs on it. He says in the vid that they have all the tapes but will probably not release them "because Varney doesn't own them."

Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]