View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 FOR SALE: Paul Gilbert's Lee Jackson Modified Mel Bay Rocket 
Promises to use Search button

Post FOR SALE: Paul Gilbert's Lee Jackson Modified Mel Bay Rocket
I am the person that originally bought the Mel Bay Rocket from Peter back in Sept 2008. As I travel extensively for work I have only had the amp out of its box a handful of times (same story with other celebrity owned amps I have), and after all these years I don't see that changing so I am selling it and a couple George Lynch owned amps as well. First off, I see back on the original post that there were a lot of people with very negative comments toward me and the amp itself. It is true that it turned out that I was not able to follow up with promise of posting sound clips etc but as I stated, I travel extensively and priorities kept me from doing so, sorry my bad but life happens. Also, there were questions as to the amps sound quality and functionality. I, Peter the former owner, Jerry from FJA Mods (see link below), and through my emails with Paul, will attest that this is an incredible sounding and functioning amp! While I was working in Syracuse New York, I took the amp to my now good friend Jerry of world renown FJA Mods to give it a once over, map a schematic of the amp, figure out all the push pull knobs, and service/maintenance. The only issue was the 4 power tubes needed replacing which he did so with some quality Chinese tubes, the mixed brand of preamp tubes were tested and fine so they remained. Jerry has modded/maintained many Lee Jackson pieces and was thoroughly blown away by this head in particular, its tonal and drive capabilities, and the fact that we both agreed will literally tear your freakin head off lol! The few times I've had it out, I ran it though either one or two of my Genz Benz George Lynch 2-12 Signature Cabs and could never get the thing off of "1-2" without fear of setting off car alarms or dropping my bowels, hence one of the main reasons I just never played it. Even at half wattage, its definitely not a bedroom volume practice amp (unless you're already going deaf)! I also ran a TC Electronic G-Force and Rocktron Pro-Q programmable parametric EQ through the loop and it ate those up beautifully. Shortly (again, time permitting) I will remove it from its box and awake it from its long slumber to put it through the paces to make sure everything is still good to go, and will need to verify again with Jerry just exactly what all the funky goodies are for and then follow up with those specifics. At this point, I do know that it is a 1975 Marshall 100watt Super Lead that Paul used on "Second Heat"/Getting Heavier" and I think early Mr.Big material. It has the typical Lee Jackson 5-way attenuator, cascading gain structure circuit, mid-boost, 50/100 watt switch, buffered tube effect loop with send/receive pots and channel/footswtich. You can email me for questions/photos and also I am currently located in Las Vegas through the end of the year so if you are in the area you can certainly come and check it out as well. I will include any/all documentation I have, also email correspondence with Paul. Thanx for looking and happy shredding! Mark
P.S. I can't get photos to upload, if somebody could offer help, I will post some.
http://www.fjamods.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=571

P.S.S. As I stated, I am also selling a 1975 Marshall 50watt Mark II JMP that I bought from George Lynch that was used on Dokken/Lynch Mob tours as well as the Engl Straight 100 head that he used on Lynch Mob "Wicked Sensation" recording/tours/REH instructional Video (Mark Cameron commented to Jerry that he remembers George using this quite a bit on the record during his presence). You can read my description a few posts down (from newest) under Mark Vegas. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbCB5xxIUUI

Last edited by MarXway1 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:38 pm
Promises to use Search button

Post Re: FOR SALE: Paul Gilbert's Lee Jackson Modified Mel Bay Ro
Since I haven't received any response or inquiries regarding the amp, I can only assume that nobody here on the board is interested. That being the case, I will just put more effort into advertising it elsewhere and eventually may list in on the Bay to attract a larger audience. The only downside to that is that it will most likely be sold to an overseas buyer as there is a stronger market there for Paul's and other guitar hero owned items like this so chances of it ever coming back to the US may be slim to none. In the meantime if anyone is interested just drop me a note and take it from there. Thanx again for looking everyone! :shock:

Sat May 07, 2016 4:33 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

I think it's more that this board is pretty much dead now :/ Sorry. I would've bought that if I had the money.

Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:20 pm
Godzilla

Hey Pao, we would be "overseas buyers" anyway, no matter how strong our fandom! :D :?

I don't think I've much use for such an amp, anyway.

This board will not die! It's just resting.

Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:31 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Gandalf wrote:
Hey Pao, we would be "overseas buyers" anyway, no matter how strong our fandom! :D :?

I don't think I've much use for such an amp, anyway.

This board will not die! It's just resting.

Yeah, still money-related :P I know I probably won't have any use for it, but I'd probably just buy it to feel nice about myself then eventually try and sell it and fail and I don't really know where I'm going with this lmao

Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]