View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Bruce Bouillet Instructional Video 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Bruce Bouillet Instructional Video
First of all, hi. I've lurked here awhile (found it from googling the infamous snakebyte email) and enjoyed soaking up a lot of Racer X history/photos.

If I'm not mistaken, back when I was just getting into Racer X after discovering Paul Gilbert's Intense Rock at the suggestion of Doug Steele, I ran across a Bruce Bouillet instructional video on the ol' YouTube. However, searching for it now, I can't seem to unearth it. I'm wondering if I'm misremembering his appearance on John Alderete's instructional vid for his own. Is there a Bruce Bouillet instructional? Where can I find it? I'm more than okay with paying for it and supporting one of the most criminally underrated guitar players in history. If it's lost in the dark void of time, was it just a different spin on Intense Rock, or more oriented towards Bruce's style (more sweeps and significantly more blues influence)?

As an aside, it's nice to meet you all. I've gathered that this is not the most active forum in the world, but I joined because it infuriates me to no end that I've never met anyone in two states on different sides of the country who's heard of Racer X. So I need to talk about it somehow. I'm not sure how a band in which every member is a near-unmatched virtuoso at their instrument doesn't make the bigtime, but PG did his thing with Mr. Big and is well-known in his own right, so I'm happy for him. And Scott Travis got the Priest gig. Still, I wish I could find some fellow X fans. I showed this singer I was working with one of my favorite songs off Street Lethal, Rock It (he's indie, so I didn't want to scare him away with the speed metal masterpieces). He called it glam metal shit and remarked, "what is this, fuckin' Def Leppard?" I deserve an award for not murdering him. Yeah, I'll stop rambling now. If you know about the Bouillet video, do let me know. Cheers.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:59 pm
Search Button God!

Post Re: Bruce Bouillet Instructional Video
Welcome to the RX Board, hope you like tumbleweeds.

With that said: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/3wtBIwPkuJo as a bonus, here's some history: viewtopic.php?p=265859

Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:33 pm
is the Siren's Eye

Thanks, Lamer. Interesting to see that Bruce put out a more standard instructional. His explanation of modes was cool to see, it reminds me of the Vinnie Moore video "Speed, Accuracy, and Articulation". It also highlights the genius of Intense Rock. Paul's humor, both the little remarks like "you can learn that one and impress all the neighbors" and the magic trick asides really make the monotony of technical exercises a little less grueling.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:48 pm
Viking Kong

Welcome. The forum has been essentially comatose for a couple years now, but feel free to peruse our great history. We used to follow everything that was relevant to Racer X, from Getting Heavier to Paul reforming Mr. Big, John winning a Grammy, and so forth. Most of the members have posted here on occasion, too, so there's more than a few precious gems hidden here. ;)

Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:19 am
Viking Kong

Racer X??? Who said anything about Racer X??? I'm just here for the beer and the bitches!!!

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:23 am
Search Button God!

Glad to see you're still around Xela.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:09 pm
Viking Kong

Xelatunes wrote:
Racer X??? Who said anything about Racer X??? I'm just here for the beer and the bitches!!!

Let me know how that turns out. :lol:

Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]