View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 PG Interview- Racer X Question 
Dr. X

Post PG Interview- Racer X Question
GOOGLE TRANSLATE::
PG : You were in another great band , Racer X. Unfortunately a long time since you ended activities , but you have already talked about a possible meeting?

Paul Gilbert : Now , I 'm too busy . I just finished a solo album , an album by Mr. Big , and I have a guitar school online. And also ... my passion lately has been to become a better improviser . Heavy metal is a style of music very structured . It works well with things prepared in advance . Recently , so I went to the blues and jazz. Actually, I'm listening to jazz clarinets 60s all the time . A note : the father of Eddie Van Halen ( Van Halen ) played clarinet jazz !

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:52 am
Search Button God!

Post Re: PG Interview- Racer X Question
Nothing's changed.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:49 pm
Superhero

Jazz clarinet :S

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:27 pm
is the Siren's Eye

As someone who lived in southern California in the 80s; saw their last two shows at the Country Club before they initially broke-up; and spent the cash to fly to LA to see their “reunion” thirteen (13) years later in 2001 at the Whiskey, I’d be less than honest if I didn’t say that the “ride” as a Racer X fan has been disappointing.

With this frame of reference in mind, Gilbert’s comments to this journalist came as no surprise to me simply because for all practical purposes the idea of
Racer X as a performing band has been dead for some time now. It is difficult, however, to understand how on one hand someone can, effectively, be quoted as saying that they don't want to play hard rock/metal any more while at the same time continuing to be associated with Mr. Big.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me or probably a lot of people that supported the band with their time and money over the years. I suspect. however, that Gilbert is not losing sleep over the issue.

xlr8

Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:07 pm
Dr. X

xlr8 wrote:
[b]It is difficult, however, to understand how on one hand someone can, effectively, be quoted as saying that they don't want to play hard rock/metal any more while at the same time continuing to be associated with Mr. Big.

Paul left Racer X for a long time before he came back to it. So when he did it was new and exciting to him for a bit. Then he moved on. Later, he came back to Mr Big after a long time. So when he did it was new and exciting to him for a bit. Then I suspect he will move on.

The fans, however, rarely move on. Or understand.

Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:03 pm
Promises to use Search button

Well Paul and the guys could come back for what about a month every few yrs and write and record a Racer X cd and just release it himself--he would make a nice little chunk of change and keep us all happy. I mean they could bang out some tunes quick or work up some old ideas. Just my 2 cents..I don't think Paul is ever going to give up hard rock.....

Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Fuzz Universe certainly had it's heavy moments... and the recent Racer X albums had their semi-mellow moments... what I heard of the most recent Mr. Big wasn't bad either... I'm still interested in seeing whatever Paul comes up with next...

In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey, the monkey will spank [i]us[/i]! ~ Jason Mewes

"I didn't know Night Ranger had this many albums" ~ Veronica Mars

Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:45 am
Motorman

Besides a "once every decade" reunion gig I doubt we will see any full albums or tours from Racer X again. Yeah it sucks but what can you do?

Fri May 01, 2015 2:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]