View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Trevor Bolder dead 
Godzilla

Post Trevor Bolder dead
I just read about this.

I'm editing this because I was really upset when I first posted this. Well, actually I still am, to some extent.

Last edited by Gringo300 on Sat May 25, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 22, 2013 5:49 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: Trevor Bolder dead
Gringo300 wrote:
I just read about this.

I'm going to go ahead and state a great big FUCK YOU in advance to anyone and everyone who is going to make a smartass reply to this one.

So… you create a thread to announce the sad unfortunate passing of a musician who had a big hand in shaping the iconic British 70s Glam scene by being a part of Bowie’s Spiders (as well as being a part of other legendary bands such as Uriah Heep and Wishbone Ash), and then in the very next sentence you throw out a profanity as some type of “preemptive attack”? Image

Wow… that’s rather tasteless. Seriously... Image

Rest in peace Trevor. I'm sure you're up there jamming with Mick now. :(

Wed May 22, 2013 6:31 pm
Godzilla

Instead of wasting effort responding...

So far, I've read that his death was from cancer, but I haven't read many details so far.

No, I didn't know about him having cancer.

I don't know if any more older musicians have gotten cancer lately than usual, but to me it seems like it has.

Wed May 22, 2013 6:49 pm
Viking Kong

Gringo300 wrote:

"Responding"? So wait... you mean you were able to actually see my post??? Image

Oh no, wait a second don't tell me… did I just happen to fall off that ignore list of your’s… yet again??? :shock: Sigh... dude… you really have to look into getting that fixed bro. Especially since it just seems to keep happening again, and again, and again, and again! I mean you put me on there for a reason, and yet here we are again… conversing and whatnot. Image

I DEMAND that you put me right back on that ignore list right now sir… POSTHASTE!!! Image

Wed May 22, 2013 7:56 pm
Godzilla

LoQ wrote:
Gringo300 wrote:

"Responding"? So wait... you mean you were able to actually see my post??? Image

Oh no, wait a second don't tell me… did I just happen to fall off that ignore list of your’s… yet again??? :shock: Sigh... dude… you really have to look into getting that fixed bro. Especially since it just seems to keep happening again, and again, and again, and again! I mean you put me on there for a reason, and yet here we are again… conversing and whatnot. Image

I DEMAND that you put me right back on that ignore list right now sir… POSTHASTE!!! Image

I haven't even taken you off my ignore list yet. I've just threatened to. But maybe you didn't read that post yet (in a different thread, of course).

I've figured something out: Ignore lists work a lot better on boards with a lot of members (and a lot of posts). Honestly, there just aren't that many posts to read on here. So... I keep finding myself clicking on "display this post".

-

Now, I'm going to dig up my cassette of The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars and play it.

I looked for a CD copy on Amazon that has the bonus tracks my cassette copy has, but I couldn't find one.

Call me "old fashioned", but I still just haven't gotten into this MP3 thing yet.

Wed May 22, 2013 8:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]