View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Head/Cabinet wattage question 
God Of The Sun

Post Head/Cabinet wattage question
hai guise, I just got a Marshall jcm800kk (100w), but no cab for it (no moar money) I am going to build a 1x12 cabinet for it (for bedroom playing), so do i need a 100w speaker? or is it only the ohms that really matter? thanks in advance. :P

edit: btw, when i came home with the amp, i hooked it up to a small 8ohm speaker from a roland micro cube to try it out a bit, could that damage the amp in any way?

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:43 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Re: Head/Cabinet wattage question
You could throw a Vintage 30 (60 Watts) in a 1x12 Cab. Now i wouldn't recommend setting the 2203 on 10. But if you keep the master below 6 you will be fine.

There's really no real answer, Just make sure the ohms match. If you can use an 8 Ohm speaker set your 2203 to 8 ohms - That way the impedance matches.

Whatever you do, Don't buy a 25watt Greenback. But a Vintage 30 or anything related to one will suit your needs.

Also, where are you located if you don't mind me asking? I have a beast mint Mesa Vintage 30 4x12 I'm trying to move. I understand you're short on cash. But if you have anything to trade(Guitars) i would entertain it.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:55 pm
God Of The Sun

Magus wrote:
You could throw a Vintage 30 (60 Watts) in a 1x12 Cab. Now i wouldn't recommend setting the 2203 on 10. But if you keep the master below 6 you will be fine.
Whatever you do, Don't buy a 25watt Greenback. But a Vintage 30 or anything related to one will suit your needs.

like i thought. thanks man.

Magus wrote:
Also, where are you located if you don't mind me asking? I have a beast mint Mesa Vintage 30 4x12 I'm trying to move. I understand you're short on cash. But if you have anything to trade(Guitars) i would entertain it.

I currently live in Romania.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:10 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

No problem. Ah, yeah that wont work I'm in the states. Haha Best of luck with the cab.

Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]