View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Is anyone here an expert on Vince Neil's solo career? 
Godzilla

Post Is anyone here an expert on Vince Neil's solo career?
I've read that there are two versions of the song "You're Invited But Your Friend Can't Come": the version of the Encino Man soundtrack and the version on Exposed.

I've read that Steve Stevens isn't on the Encino Man version. Some of the things I've read imply that the other people on Exposed weren't either.

Does anyone on here know who all (besides Vince, of course) played on the Encino Man version of the song?

Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:04 am
Dr. X

Post Re: Is anyone here an expert on Vince Neil's solo career?
Original Encino Man version was written and recorded with the Damn Yankees (minus Ted Nugent).

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:10 pm
Godzilla

I've long known that Tommy Shaw and Jack Blades co-wrote the song, so this isn't a huge surprise.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:51 pm
Viking Kong

I don't think Tommy did the solo on it though, did he?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:35 am
Godzilla

I've heard that at one point, Phil Soussan played bass in the Vince Neil Band. Obviously, it was after the Encino Man version of "You're Invited But Your Friend Can't Come". Vince Neil and Phil Soussan had previously played together in Black Plague.

I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not Robbie Crane played any bass on Exposed or not.

It seems to be pretty much agreed upon that Dave Marshall didn't play on Exposed.

What I've read makes it sound like Phil Soussan was originally going to play bass on Exposed. I know that he co-wrote some of the songs.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:07 am
King Of The Monsters

Gringo300 wrote:
I've heard that at one point, Phil Soussan played bass in the Vince Neil Band. Obviously, it was after the Encino Man version of "You're Invited But Your Friend Can't Come". Vince Neil and Phil Soussan had previously played together in Black Plague.

I've heard conflicting reports on whether or not Robbie Crane played any bass on Exposed or not.

It seems to be pretty much agreed upon that Dave Marshall didn't play on Exposed.

What I've read makes it sound like Phil Soussan was originally going to play bass on Exposed. I know that he co-wrote some of the songs.

Phil didn´t played in Exposed because Steve Stevens actually played bass on the album, at his own request...

That´s the story I´ve heard.

Image Image

Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Phil Soussan and Randy Castillo were in Black Plague with Vince Neil. Of course, they also played together in Ozzy Osbourne's band. They also played with Ronnie James Dio on at least one song, on a tribute album.

From what I understand, Phil Soussan was in the first line-up of the Vince Neil Band and Randy Castillo was in the last line-up of the Vince Neil Band, right before they dissolved and Vince Neil rejoined Motley Crue. To the best of my knowledge, Phil Soussan and Randy Castillo were never in the Vince Neil Band at the same time.

Later, Randy Castillo played with Vince Neil in Motley Crue. I doubt that Nikki Sixx would have been too happy about Phil Soussan replacing him on bass in Motley Crue.

Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:40 am
Viking Kong

I read half of Vince Neil's autobiography.

Unlike Dave Mustaine's or Ozzy Osbourne's, I couldn't read the whole thing. The book isn't half as interesting as the other guys', and Vince Neil came off to me as a total moron.

I could be wrong, but man, as I kept reading, I just thought that guy needed to increase his IQ.
I hope I got the wrong idea, 'caus' I fucking love his vocals on Mötley Crüe.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:56 am
Viking Kong

I read Ozzy's book too. I thought that one was a good read.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]