View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 PAUL'S EQUIPMENT! (new members click here) UPDATED 17/05/08! 
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Post Re: PAUL'S EQUIPMENT! (new members click here) UPDATED 17/05
I like that idea! Wish I could make a recording that way (without buying complicated stuff) just so I can hear myself play stuff as it would with distortion/compression and clean.

Now you might be thinking, "Pao, that's totally rad but why don't you just play the exact same thing twice?" It's weird cause I seem to ADAPT to whatever I'm using. That means when I play with a clean channel, I actually hit the strings harder or whatever. I don't know but I'm sure most of you guys are like that too. I mean with compression and all, I barely need to tap the strings to the legato stuff. Just saying. Totally OT so I will reduce the font size so people can TL;DR loloolololololoo i like big butts and i cannot lie

Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:43 am
Superhero

Quote:
You're doing it wrong.

Yeaaah, I'm becoming a clean fag.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Motorman

Pao wrote:
I like that idea! Wish I could make a recording that way (without buying complicated stuff) just so I can hear myself play stuff as it would with distortion/compression and clean.

Now you might be thinking, "Pao, that's totally rad but why don't you just play the exact same thing twice?" It's weird cause I seem to ADAPT to whatever I'm using. That means when I play with a clean channel, I actually hit the strings harder or whatever. I don't know but I'm sure most of you guys are like that too. I mean with compression and all, I barely need to tap the strings to the legato stuff. Just saying. Totally OT so I will reduce the font size so people can TL;DR loloolololololoo i like big butts and i cannot lie

Well you could do this with something like Amplitube 3. You could open it twice, and you could have one ear being dirty/distorted and the other ear being clean or whatever.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:36 pm
Motorman

meticadpa wrote:
Pao wrote:

Well you could do this with something like Amplitube 3. You could open it twice, and you could have one ear being dirty/distorted and the other ear being clean or whatever.

You don't even need to open it twice.
Just use a two amp configuration and pan one to the left and one to the right.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:55 pm
Motorman

Penosity wrote:
meticadpa wrote:
Pao wrote:

You don't even need to open it twice.
Just use a two amp configuration and pan one to the left and one to the right.

Good lord I'm an idiot.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:01 pm
Superhero

TonePort or now StudioPort (that line6 USB interface) has some cool software that lets your record clean sound and then put whatever effect you want on it. Or record clean software while giving you distorted sound in the monitors. Pretty nifty.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

Yesterday he played with a Marshall JCM2000 head and Marshall 4X12'' cab.
His pedalboard:

Basically tuner, tremolo (for Riding on the storm), phaser, compressor, fuzz universe and splitter (he had 2 amps, dunno if both were actually turned on)

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Paul laying down a solo for Jarinus:

http://www.jarinus.com/post/18865566950 ... ur-new-jam

Does anyone recognizes the two blue pedals on Paul's pedalboard? never seen him using those before.

Attachments:
Paul Gilbert's Pedalboard.JPG
Paul Gilbert's Pedalboard.JPG [ 28.11 KiB | Viewed 3526 times ]
Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:24 pm
Viking Kong

Try e-mailing him!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:40 pm
Profile YIM
is evil...Evil Joe

I e-mailed Paul and he answered:

Both pedals are from Empress Effects. One is a compressor, the other is a ParaEQ.

Thank you,

Paul

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:57 pm
Dr. X

No more Airplane flanger & detox eq :?

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:28 am
is the Siren's Eye

Thu May 24, 2012 12:36 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

This is the pedalboard that's gonna be used on next clinic tour - from Sept/12 to the end of the year, I think.

From left to right:

MXR Phase 90 Vintage
MXR Phase 90 Vintage
Majik Box Fuzz Universe
MXR Distortion +
Empress ParaEQ
H.B.E. Mini Compressor (CPR)

Last edited by PGBrasil on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:51 pm
Viking Kong

where's this from? The Great Guitar Escape?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:21 pm
Profile YIM
is the Siren's Eye

It's not from the Great Guitar Escape (I do believe I got a picture of his rig from there but the fuzz universe was not at GGE). The picture was taken from the PG's Rock Guitar School for his upcoming tour of Europe and Australia.

*edit* Got the pic up from GGE but my second one of the last pedal was too blurry and sorry for the size of the picture.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:22 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Sir Robin wrote:
where's this from? The Great Guitar Escape?

This picture was posted by Paul in Artist Works website.. this is the description:

Quote:
One of favorite parts of going on tour is assembling a new pedalboard. Since this tour will take me all through Europe and Australia, I swapped my 120v power supply for the 230v model. And since I will be playing through an unpredictable assortment of Marshall amps, I brought a couple different overdrive pedals, so I can adapt to whatever the amp sounds like. A parametric EQ will help with that too. A compressor is good for my clinics, because I can get sustain with a relatively clean sound. And I've become addicted to my stereo MXR Phase 90 set up. The "P" and "G" on my splitter box are not there to spell my initials, but instead label the Phase flip and Ground lift buttons (very useful when using two amps.) Since the whole board is covered with Velcro, I use small strips of velcro to hold the cables in place. Now... to pack everything else!

I also asked Paul by mail about the white Fuzz Universe and why he's not using the DetoxEQ anymore.. and I got this:

Quote:
I developed the Detox EQ to make a humbucker sound more like a single coil. Since I'm using single coils now, I use the parametric eq to make them sound more like a humbucker. I always like to have the option of the other sound.

The white Fuzz Universe will be released soon. It has a new switching system that is a quieter than most true bypass pedals.

Thank you,

Paul

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:56 am
Viking Kong

Cool.

Thanks for the info!

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:48 pm
Profile YIM
is evil...Evil Joe

What's that silver pedal in the top of the photo?

Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:54 pm
is the Siren's Eye

On my picture? I believe it's the Foxrox Octron. http://www.foxroxelectronics.com/octron1.html

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:22 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

White Fuzz Universe Custom Pedal is out now.

Available on Majik Boxs site. Here

Quote:
Quiet Click relay switching, a new circuit allowing for nearly silent footswitch operation while retaining True Bypass circuitry

Oof.. $329.99 / €251

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 601 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next