View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Majik Box Fuzz Universe Owners? 
is the Siren's Eye

Post Majik Box Fuzz Universe Owners?
Hello,

are there some Fuzz Universe Owners here?
I would be really happe if you could make me some High Resulotion Pictures from the Inside of the Pedal. Both Sides from the Circuit Board.
I would like to build a Fuzz Universe with some Custom extras and a really nice CNC-Milled Box.

Greetings from Germany,
Christian

Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:22 am
Dr. X

Post Re: Majik Box Fuzz Universe Owners?
Perhaps you should buy one and then modify it. That way, at least Paul will get his royalty and you won't be ripping off the good folks at Majik Box. :roll:

Greetings from the USA,

Jason

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:06 pm
God Of The Sun

Well he's not really ripping anyone off, because he's not making any money.

People have been cloning pedals since pedals were made, and you can find plenty of circuit diagrams online. It's even more understandable when he says that he wants to mod it to suit him. Noone drops that sort of money on a pedal only to mod it.

At the same time, it's a lot to ask - I can't see people wanting to open up their pedal and pull it apart to help a stranger out - most pedals I've opened up, the circuit board is pretty stuck in there.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

MissMisstreater wrote:
Well he's not really ripping anyone off, because he's not making any money.

People have been cloning pedals since pedals were made, and you can find plenty of circuit diagrams online. It's even more understandable when he says that he wants to mod it to suit him. Noone drops that sort of money on a pedal only to mod it.

At the same time, it's a lot to ask - I can't see people wanting to open up their pedal and pull it apart to help a stranger out - most pedals I've opened up, the circuit board is pretty stuck in there.

I'm not sure I follow. Irrespective of whether or not he's making any money, he's still taking Majik Box's IP without paying them and Paul's not getting his royalty. It's like downloading music illegally -- yes, the downloader is not making money, but it's still theft of the intellectual property. Also, you could argue that he is making money because he's saving the cost of buying the pedal.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:49 pm
Search Button God!

frankenstone wrote:
I'm not sure I follow. Irrespective of whether or not he's making any money, he's still taking Majik Box's IP without paying them and Paul's not getting his royalty. It's like downloading music illegally -- yes, the downloader is not making money, but it's still theft of the intellectual property. Also, you could argue that he is making money because he's saving the cost of buying the pedal.

So if I make a custom PGM in my backyard I'm stealing from Paul?

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:59 pm
Dr. X

Lamer wrote:
frankenstone wrote:

So if I make a custom PGM in my backyard I'm stealing from Paul?

That's a good point, although something about cloning a pedal still feels wrong to me.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:12 pm
God Of The Sun

frankenstone wrote:
It's like downloading music illegally -- yes, the downloader is not making money, but it's still theft of the intellectual property.

It's not though is it - when you download music you have the original - this is the same as a guy really liking a song, and then recording a cover of it, which isn't a crime.

I know where you're coming from, its a shady area - but I didn't feel right outright saying hes stealing, because it's not that big a deal - you can't really copyright "fuzz", and if you could then I'm sure MajikBox took just as much from Dunlop and then went on to sell it.

We all draw inspiration from others

Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

All good points, but I still think that if he wants the benefit of all the work that Majik Box and Paul put into the pedal, he should buy one and then modify it to his heart's content. Perhaps not a legal position, but an ethical one. It is a shady area.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:20 pm
is the Siren's Eye

I do not want to make money with this or something like that. I just want to build THE perfect Pedal for me and do not want to buy a 400 Bucks Overdrive Pedal wich maybe destroyed during the mods. That the hole thing, it has nothing to with making money and stealing stuff from Paul or Majikbox, i would never do that..

Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:37 pm
Motorman

A true sign of a Master Jedi is his ability to construct a light saber. :wink:

from Return of the Jedi (Script)

Vader looks down from Luke to the lightsaber in his own black-
gloved hand.

VADER (indicating lightsaber)
I see you have constructed a new lightsaber.

Vader ignites the lightsaber and holds it to examine its humming,
brilliant blade.

VADER
Your skills are complete. Indeed, you are
powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen.

======================

Last edited by GuitarDojo on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Ah, I didn't know that was on the Script!

I only knew it from... games or more nerdy friends, I guess.

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:19 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]