View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 NGD: Epiphone ES-339 and pedalboard 
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Post NGD: Epiphone ES-339 and pedalboard
Yeah! 339 video! Should be live in a bit. http://youtu.be/eSYAl9M5KOU

Aaand my new pedalboard! Don't mind the settings, I took the photo as soon as I finished attaching them on. Built the thing myself! Woot.

Attachment:
photo.JPG
photo.JPG [ 815.91 KiB | Viewed 761 times ]

Wed May 16, 2012 10:06 am
Dr. X

Post Re: NGD: Epiphone ES-339 and pedalboard
Nice board! Love my bad horsie, great wah for every kind of sound. Tell about the ac and ep boosters......

Wed May 16, 2012 12:14 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Ianasauras wrote:
Nice board! Love my bad horsie, great wah for every kind of sound. Tell about the ac and ep boosters......

The EP, AC, and Direct Drive all came from Brian. He smooth-talked me into getting them and I'm really glad I did! The EP is basically a clean boost, but if you put it in front of distortion pedals, your tone magically becomes thick as hell. It makes everything sound so schmexy I swear. It's really worth every penny I paid for it. The AC booster is a sort of low gain OD pedal that has tons of variety thanks to the treble and bass knobs. It's really a completely different flavor from the Direct Drive (which is my current medium gain dist, the one you hear in the video, which is really super awesome). I'd love to tell you more about it, but I'm just getting familiar with it more. I'd ask Brian for more info about the AC since he's more experienced with it. Lovely pedal, though! Got mine for $100 used! It's the old one too, which has two clipping diodes (new ones get four). AFAIK, it gets a little more output, isn't as compressed, and has lesser gain.

Wed May 16, 2012 4:06 pm
Viking Kong

Great Video pao! Sweet guitar!! And Pao meant put the EP after your OD effects!

Here's some more "info" for those who are interested in the pedals

AC -> EP = amazing low-mid gain overdrive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BqYBPs-oCo

And here's my Barber Direct drive with the EP. low to mid/high gain overdrive. Not as much gain as a distortion like the Suhr Riot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxUsBUmk5hw

The thing that's absolutely mindblowing about the Barber DD is how amazingly amplike it responds to picking. I love it in that regard.

Thu May 17, 2012 1:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]