View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 really badass studio headphones? 
Motorman

Post Re: really badass studio headphones?
Are you Evil? JOEEE wrote:
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have a question about badass headphones for out of studio use, casual studying or traveling headphones that get rid of a lot of external noise and give a lot of integrity towards the music. I'll probably be listening to a lot of rock/jazz/fusion/acoustic so I'd like headphones that can cut into those EQs pretty well. Any thoughts/suggestions?

I'd still recommend the SRH440 or SRH840, honestly. Great, all-round headphones. They isolate well. They have a detachable cable. They fold away. Great for travelling.

Sun May 06, 2012 5:42 pm
Dr. X

Romulus Von Flex wrote:
Are you Evil? JOEEE wrote:
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have a question about badass headphones for out of studio use, casual studying or traveling headphones that get rid of a lot of external noise and give a lot of integrity towards the music. I'll probably be listening to a lot of rock/jazz/fusion/acoustic so I'd like headphones that can cut into those EQs pretty well. Any thoughts/suggestions?

beats.

Clever. :P

Sun May 06, 2012 9:29 pm
Motorman

I'm glad you revived this. I have tried out all the headphones mentioned in this thread and I have to safely say the winner are headphones that I don't think were even mentioned here.

Be it tracking or just casual listening while studying, going on trips etc with strong isolation, get the Audio Technica ATH-M50s. They are AMAZING. Sturdy, about 150$, and everything sounds absolutely incredible.

I cannot recommend them enough. Seriously. And they are readily available. Just be sure to get the Straight cable (hence the M50s) and not the curly kind so you have maximum length!!

Mon May 07, 2012 1:45 am
Motorman

JohnStamos wrote:
I'm glad you revived this. I have tried out all the headphones mentioned in this thread and I have to safely say the winner are headphones that I don't think were even mentioned here.

Be it tracking or just casual listening while studying, going on trips etc with strong isolation, get the Audio Technica ATH-M50s. They are AMAZING. Sturdy, about 150$, and everything sounds absolutely incredible.

I cannot recommend them enough. Seriously. And they are readily available. Just be sure to get the Straight cable (hence the M50s) and not the curly kind so you have maximum length!!

I like the M50, actually. Too bass heavy for my tastes completely though.

Mon May 07, 2012 1:54 pm
Motorman

AKG K240
(they are vented - so they dont totally cancel )

Look at reviews online before you buy.

======================

Mon May 07, 2012 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

meticadpa wrote:
JohnStamos wrote:

I like the M50, actually. Too bass heavy for my tastes completely though.

Ive had a pair of M50's for a few years. I like them alot. I havent compared them to that many other headphones though.

Thu May 31, 2012 10:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2