View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Who the F*** is Paul McCartney 
Viking Kong

Post Who the F*** is Paul McCartney
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/who-is-paul-mccartney

:shock:

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:48 pm
Godzilla

Post Re: Who the F*** is Paul McCartney
That was just plain depressing...

Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:52 pm
Viking Kong

I don't understand the context.

For what reason are these people wondering who Paul Mc Cartney is ?
I didn't see the context, so it's hard to guess if all these people are joking, and only a few of them really have no idea who Paul Mc Cartney is.

I mean, I'd be tempted to troll and just post : "Well yeah, I've always wondered who the fuck Paul Mc Cartney is !"

Anyone willing to explain to dumb Acid ?

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Last edited by Acid Wire on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:28 pm
Dr. X

This must have been during the Grammys, when he was on.

Pretty sad though. got time to post on Twitter, but not to search, and find that he was in the Beatles. I wonder how many of them would have said who the F#$K are The Beatles???

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:43 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Oh man. I felt so sad about that :(

Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:48 am
Viking Kong

This is funny... and sad :x

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:03 am
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

Some people just need to go jump off a cliff.... :|

Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:21 am
Motorman

Some of the comments are funny.

"That's it I'm getting a vasectomy."

Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:13 am
Viking Kong

Penosity wrote:
Some of the comments are funny.

"That's it I'm getting a vasectomy."

Ha ha! Saw that one, too.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:06 am
King Of The Monsters

haha, how ignorant that MF is

Image Image

Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

I don't know about you, but I'd much rather use Google to find out who Paul McCartney is before posting my beaming ignorance in plain sight on Twitter for all my friends, associates, colleagues, and relatives to see. Except, my friends, associates, colleagues, and relatives don't use Twitter, so, statement voided. Aside of that, I ignore Twitter because it demonstrates the irrevocably true and depressing reality that today's youth is intellectually and artistically shallow. As a seven-year-old, I listened to Megadeth, and I listened to metal because I liked it. What my friends liked or did made little difference to me because I was never an imitator. By contrast, today's youth is inwardly mimicking itself to the point of creative deprivation. Show me a seven-year-old who, at this moment, stands against the grain and listens to Metallica, Anthrax, or Slayer, and I'll show you the hope of this country. There aren't many of them, I know. ;)

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:39 pm
King Of The Monsters

Ryan wrote:
By contrast, today's youth is inwardly mimicking itself to the point of creative deprivation. Show me a seven-year-old who, at this moment, stands against the grain and listens to Metallica, Anthrax, or Slayer, and I'll show you the hope of this country. There aren't many of them, I know. ;)

That´s their parents fault. I guess nowadays everyone expects that their sons will be educated by the TV and/or the internet...and that´s (at least) lousy.

When I become a parent, I´ll expose my child to as many art and culture I can, namely music, books, paints, dance...that´s what´ll shape his behavior, tolerance and uniqueness on this world.

And, of course, a whole lotta guitar...loud riffs, nasty solos and ROCK AND ROLL!

But, at the end, if one of my sons asks who Picasso, Modigliani, Lennon, McCartney, Victor Hugo, Napoleon, Plato, Alexander the Great, Monet or so many others were, then I´ll know my plans have failed miserably.

Image Image

Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:34 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Guitarp77 wrote:
Ryan wrote:
By contrast, today's youth is inwardly mimicking itself to the point of creative deprivation. Show me a seven-year-old who, at this moment, stands against the grain and listens to Metallica, Anthrax, or Slayer, and I'll show you the hope of this country. There aren't many of them, I know. ;)

That´s their parents fault. I guess nowadays everyone expects that their sons will be educated by the TV and/or the internet...and that´s (at least) lousy.

When I become a parent, I´ll expose my child to as many art and culture I can, namely music, books, paints, dance...that´s what´ll shape his behavior, tolerance and uniqueness on this world.

And, of course, a whole lotta guitar...loud riffs, nasty solos and ROCK AND ROLL!

But, at the end, if one of my sons asks who Picasso, Modigliani, Lennon, McCartney, Victor Hugo, Napoleon, Plato, Alexander the Great, Monet or so many others were, then I´ll know my plans have failed miserably.

Maybe parents are taking a less active role in raising their children. According to my girlfriend, a music teacher in two elementary schools, some parents release their children into school to create more free time for themselves. Moreover, my girlfriend frequently tells me stories about parents who are simply uninterested in their kids' development. I suppose this is true of all generations, but I think it's becoming more of a common trend--that is, at least, my unscientific opinion.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:42 am
God Of The Sun

Ryan wrote:
Maybe parents are taking a less active role in raising their children. According to my girlfriend, a music teacher in two elementary schools, some parents release their children into school to create more free time for themselves. Moreover, my girlfriend frequently tells me stories about parents who are simply uninterested in their kids' development. I suppose this is true of all generations, but I think it's becoming more of a common trend--that is, at least, my unscientific opinion.

That is very true. My mom works in an elementary school (as an assistant...something, I dunno how to put it in english) and talks about those kinds of situations you mentioned a lot. Like how they leave their kids in school on holidays or how most of them always go pick up their kids late in the afternoon when they could've picked them up sooner and spent some time with them.

There are, unfortunately, other cases where parents are forced to work way beyond what is asked of them and simply don't have any spare time to spend with their kids and are forced to leave them in school. That may be the majority of cases, at least here. And it's very very sad to know that these are becoming more and more common.

I do agree with you and guitarp77, I'll definitely try and encourage my kids to enrich themselves culturally.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:22 pm
Viking Kong

Man, this thread makes me feel good about jerkin' off. [/disgusting fucked up statement]

Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:04 pm
King Of The Monsters

Simon wrote:
I'll definitely try and encourage my kids to enrich themselves culturally.

Parent´s role CAN NOT be substituted by school or other government problems.

Is up to parents to raise sane, productive children, and educate them.

The easiest way is always to blame someone else for our own failiure.

If a kid sucks, then you can bet their parents suck (at least) as much

Image Image

Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

I never said otherwise. Actually, I was precisely criticizing parents who do that knowing they have time to spare to be with their kids. Hell, if you don't know how to raise kids nor do you have the commitment to do so, then you shouldn't have them in the first place. The ones that are basically forced to leave their kids in school make a bigger effort to cherish the time they spend with them (at least that's what my mom tells me). In these cases, I can't, in good conscience, blame them for doing that.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:13 pm
Viking Kong

Reading all this is making me feel guilty. I'll start teaching maths to my semen.

Sorry dudes, just trolling ! :oops:
I'll go get some fresh air, my comments don't even make any fucking sense. :?

Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:38 pm
Viking Kong

Funny or Die made this video response for all those people who have to ask :lol: ...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/8fefc4 ... -mccartney

Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:34 pm
Viking Kong

Simon wrote:
I never said otherwise. Actually, I was precisely criticizing parents who do that knowing they have time to spare to be with their kids. Hell, if you don't know how to raise kids nor do you have the commitment to do so, then you shouldn't have them in the first place. The ones that are basically forced to leave their kids in school make a bigger effort to cherish the time they spend with them (at least that's what my mom tells me). In these cases, I can't, in good conscience, blame them for doing that.

That's absolutely correct, Simon. I couldn't agree more. Being unprepared to have children and to raise them responsibly is the number one contributor to the problems we've outlined above. It's not the child's fault that his or her parents were not ready for the troubles of parenthood--yes, being a parent is a wonderful thing, but it's also an enormous strain, especially on young couples. A lot of mothers in my area parade their children around public, and they do it with pride, and that's fine, as long as that child gets the same amount of attention from his or her mother at home, when no one else is looking. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Some mothers see their babies or children as "fashion accessories," and that's sick and irresponsible.

Back to the original point, though. When I was young, my dad's occupation was a radio disk jockey. He worked at a radio station in Los Angeles when I was born, and because his job required that he personally make appearances at promotions and events, he'd be away from the house pretty frequently. My mother, adversely, didn't work when I was growing up; she was always home when I'd get home from school, and she'd always be around. In the U.S., one might call her a "stay-at-home mother," or jokingly, some people call it a "full-time mom." Incidentally, these days, it's common for both parents in a household to work full-time jobs, which means that kids have less exposure to the people in their life who should be their role models and teachers. Now, I'm not implying that it's unsafe for both parents to work. However, I'm thankful that my mother was always around when I needed her; I didn't have to turn to bad influences in the neighborhood for comfort.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next