View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 NGD: FRM-100TR 
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Re: NGD: FRM-100TR
Yep, gigbag, cable and that wrench you get sometimes. No strap though, I read somewhere (here?) that someone got one.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:05 pm
Dr. X

Siggelump wrote:
Got mine today! Feels great and looks INSANELY good!

Siggelump wrote:
Yep, gigbag, cable and that wrench you get sometimes. No strap though, I read somewhere (here?) that someone got one.

Nice fireman bro :D Happy NGD

i didn't get any strap as well, just got whatever like yours, it might be free gift from the music store... I am getting the dimarzio's white urban decay strap, i think that is what Paul is using, and it looks right to my eye :lol:

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:40 am
is evil...Evil Joe

Yeah, that strap looks badass. I was thinking about getting a hippie strap, but that one looks cool as well.

Edit: MAN the thick neck feels good, I was never really satisfied with the PGM301 I had, so I suppose I like 'em thick... Just like Paul.

Nezcar: Do you know any place that ships those straps internationally?

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:00 am
Viking Kong

Those are starting to grow on me...

but I STILL like the HH look better!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:56 pm
Profile YIM
Dr. X

Anyone wants a Fireman for USD2790?

Item Number: 270837109800

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Ibanez-Paul- ... 3f0f265428

BTW, what does GB stands for in FRM100GB-TR in Japanese Ibanez page? A MIJ Fireman?

Siggelump wrote:
Yeah, that strap looks badass. I was thinking about getting a hippie strap, but that one looks cool as well.

Edit: MAN the thick neck feels good, I was never really satisfied with the PGM301 I had, so I suppose I like 'em thick... Just like Paul.

Nezcar: Do you know any place that ships those straps internationally?

As a matter of fact, i do own a hippie strap, thanks to PG, bought it from ebay with free international shipping, the straps are quite pricey, need to tell a fellow fireman :hug: that the strap buckle is solid and heavy, i stop using them on my PGM301 because i'm worried it will dent the body while not in use - in case or hanging, but it will look nice on fireman :D

I'm happy that you're happy with yours, one needs to play the FRM to feel the neck, some says that its like playing Gibson Les Paul 19??, but i haven't play any LP so can't comment, hey man post more pics

Hippie straps @ ebay: http://stores.ebay.com.my/Hippie-Strap? ... 4340.l2563

Shoot! This one will look awesome on FRM

PG with FRM100 strapped with Hippie

Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:33 pm
is the Siren's Eye

Quote:
Item Number: 270837109800

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Ibanez-Paul- ... 3f0f265428

BTW, what does GB stands for in FRM100GB-TR in Japanese Ibanez page? A MIJ Fireman?

I bet it means it comes with a $2k GigBag! :twisted:
So far I can't tell if they do or do not come with a gig bag. Most of the US sites are vague or say no case.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:47 pm
is the Siren's Eye

Yes, the special Gigbag is included.

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:24 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

I do own a Les Paul with a 60's neck and that thing is absolutely wonderful. I love it as much as I love my PGM and JEM neck. I am expecting similarities to it for the FRM100 (i.e. thicker than Prestige, finished) so I'm pretty optimistic!

Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:19 pm
Dr. X

Mine arrived today from Rich Harris. First impressions: the guitar is surprisingly light and very loud acoustically. It's almost like a semi-hollow. Rich did some setup work on mine, so it was pretty much perfect right out of the box. Strung with D'Addario XL110s, as far as I can tell.

The neck is very chunky but very comfortable. It feels to me a lot like the neck on a Les Paul. Mine has the same funky pickup selector switch as others have -- the tip is very high off the body. I'll probably switch that out for a better one.

The tuners are not Gotohs, although they look just like them. They don't feel as sturdy, though, so I've already ordered a replacement set of Gotoh Magnums in chrome. At some point, I might also replace the nut, which is cut fine, but looks like cheap plastic. Probably will put a Graphtec in there.

The fretwork is very good. Of course, this is not an Ibanez Prestige-quality finish, so you won't find ball-ends on the frets, but the frets feel very good and there are no sharp edges along the side of the neck. The bridge feels very good and solid. The body is three pieces of mahogany. The finish is top-notch with a nice grain showing through. The color looks identical to Paul's.

Bottom line is that this is a very good quality instrument. With an investment of another couple of hundred dollars, it can be an excellent instrument. Kudos to Paul and Ibanez for putting out something like this. It's excellent value for the money.

Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:35 am
Dr. X

frankenstone: Congrats NGD, post pics bro :) glad every owner like the chunky neck

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:39 am
is evil...Evil Joe

Awesome...so you got yours in nyc....did you pre order early? Im on Long Island I ordered it about a month ago, and my guy tells me it looks like January....

Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:04 am
Promises to use Search button

yop , i'm french so sorry my english is probably bad ah ah !
I ordered my fireman two weeks ago and i'm waiting ! but I have seen people in the forum who said the fireman had an electronic mistake that's true ? and if it's true is on every fireman ?

Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:33 pm
is the Siren's Eye

According to the european Distributor: Yes, every Fireman has got it.
Only 10 Fireman/Firemen came to Germany, and they're all sold.
Ibanez will ship some more in January/February. Why?
Because Ibanez wants to ensure that they don't produce Guitars
which they can't sell. They first check out if there are even people who'd like
to buy such a special Instrument. The Answer? Yes, there are a lot of those people...
And too few Fireman/Firemen...

Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:48 pm
Dr. X

craigny wrote:
Awesome...so you got yours in nyc....did you pre order early? Im on Long Island I ordered it about a month ago, and my guy tells me it looks like January....

I pre-ordered mine from Rich Harris at Ibanezrules.com about two months ago. He unexpectedly got three in (which I believe are all spoken for -- mine was the second one), so I got it more quickly than expected. Your timing is more what I originally expected, so that sounds about right.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:28 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

frankenstone wrote:
craigny wrote:

I pre-ordered mine from Rich Harris at Ibanezrules.com about two months ago. He unexpectedly got three in (which I believe are all spoken for -- mine was the second one), so I got it more quickly than expected. Your timing is more what I originally expected, so that sounds about right.

Yeah..bummer for me...but congrats on yours bro!!!!

Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:21 pm
Motorman

Based on what people have said about the guitar being loud acoustically and surprisingly light I'm guessing there must be some hollow chambers inside the body like they do with modern Les Pauls. Mahogany is a heavy wood and the body and neck are both quite large, you'd think if they were solid mahogany it'd be a lot heavier. Who wants to cut their new fireman open to find out? ;)

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:22 am
Viking Kong

Maybe so.

In an e-mail to me, Paul said he has got several Ibanez Les Paul copies which are semi hollow on the inside, what makes them lighter and gives them a good tone.

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:58 pm
Profile YIM

Got mine today :D 2 month after , yes ! but i've it :D !

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Got mine today :D 2 month after , yes ! but i've it :D !

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2