View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Benefit for Cliff ll 
Viking Kong

Post Benefit for Cliff ll
Legendary guitarists JOE SATRIANI and STEVE VAI have laid plans for a second benefit concert supporting music industry veteran and friend, Cliff Cultreri. A Benefit for Cliff II will take place on Sunday, July 10th at the House Of Blues, Hollywood, and will feature performances by both Satriani and Vai, as well as special guests and friends of the duo, including DWEEZIL ZAPPA, ORIANTHI, BRENDAN SMALL and TONY MACALPINE, among others.

In addition to this extraordinary musical event, Satriani, Vai and others have graciously donated various items to be auctioned that evening. Among these items are: Steve Vai signed 20th Anniversary JEM guitar commemorating the entire line of Ibanez guitars. Steve used this guitar for the duration of the 2007 String Theories Tour. and on the Grammy Nominated song 'Now We Run', featured on the Platinum award-winning DVD Where The Wild Things Are. Other auction items include Joe Satriani JS1000 guitar with personalized art, Joe Satriani JS1200 guitar autographed by all the musicians, and a Paul Gilbert autographed guitar.
Cliff Cultreri is the A&R executive who ‘discovered’ both Satriani and Vai, as well as many other popular recording artists, while working at Relativity Records and Koch Entertainment. Cultreri is suffering from a host of Auto-Immune and Connective-Tissue disorders that are simultaneously attacking his immune system, a 1 in 100 million occurrence that causes severe pain and physical debilitations. During his years in the industry, Cultreri has served as A&R for a number of top names including ALLAN HOLDSWORTH, BILLY SHEEHAN & TALAS, PETER FRAMPTON, MEGADETH, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, EXODUS, ANTHRAX, DEATH, VENOM, SLASH'S SNAKEPIT, MY BLOODY VALENTINE, THE CURE, MODERN ENGLISH, GENE LOVES JEZEBEL, FAT JOE, COMMON, BONE-THUGS-N-HARMONY, 3-6 MAFIA, KRS1, BEATNUTS, C MURDER, KURUPT, SOULJA SLIM, RZA, and many others in all genres of music. In 2006, Satriani and Vai joined forces for the first Cultreri benefit show. They raised money as well as attention to the devastation this disease takes out on both the patient and their family.

Satriani and Vai hope to raise even more funds with this year’s benefit to help Cultreri and his family’s financial needs. “Steve and I are looking forward to jamming with friends and raising money for our friend Cliff,” said Satriani.

Tickets prices start at $75 for general admission and are on sale now. A limited number of VIP and Platinum VIP packages are now available through Satriani.com and Vai.com. Doors will be at 7:00 pm with the show set to begin at 8:00 pm.

Fri May 27, 2011 1:57 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: Benefit for Cliff ll

I went to the first one and it was AWESOME (especially because PG was on the bill) but I'm sure this one will be just as good...

RAWK!!! 8)

Fri May 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Superhero

So I'm guessing PG's guitar is that 401/900 hybrid?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:13 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

The House of Blues in Hollywood, California rocked this past Sunday when legendary guitarists Joe Satriani and Steve Vai hosted a second benefit concert in support of music industry veteran and their good friend, Cliff Cultreri. "A Benefit for Cliff II" took place on Sunday, July 10th and featured performances by Satriani and Vai, as well as special opening act featuring Brendon Small and friends. Other special guests and friends of the duo, including Dweezil Zappa, Orianthi, Brendon Small and Tony MacAlpine, joined in for the ending jam, while RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS/CHICKENFOOT drummer Chad Smith and Babyface, watched from the balcony.

Between acts, a number of items from both Satriani and Vai's personal collections were auctioned off, including custom amps, cabinets, pedal's and yes, even guitars. An autographed Satriani red JS1200 raised $6200, while a custom Fibenare guitar raised $4800. Satriani and Vai, along with other artists, also graciously donated various items to be auctioned online.

Beginning July 5 and running through July 15, fans can continue to bid on items such as a Steve Vai signed 20th Anniversary JEM guitar commemorating the entire line of Ibanez guitars. Steve used this guitar for the duration of the 2007 "String Theories Tour" and on the Grammy-nominated song "Now We Run", featured on the platinum award-winning DVD "Where the Wild Things Are"; the current bid stands at $15,000. Other auction items include a Joe Satriani JS1000 guitar with personalized art (currently at $5000), a Joe Satriani JS1200 guitar autographed by all the musicians, and a Paul Gilbert autographed Ibanez guitar used on the RACER X "Getting Heavier" album.

In addition to the generous donations, the guitars Joe, Steve and Paul are auctioning off and the sold-out hard tickets at the House of Blues, GuitarTV.com was able to raise nearly $7000 by broadcasting the concert online to users throughout the world. The "virtual concert ticket" show was priced at $5.99 with the proceeds going to Cultreri's medical fund.

Cultreri was most recently VP of A&R at Koch Entertainment. During his years in the industry, Cultreri has served as A&R for a number of top names, including Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Allan Holdsworth, Billy Sheehan and TALAS, Peter Frampton, MEGADETH, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, EXODUS, ANTHRAX, DEATH, VENOM, SLASH'S SNAKEPIT, CRADLE OF FILTH, GODFLESH and many others in all genres of music. In addition, he has received 18 Grammy nominations, 13 gold and 14 platinum, and multi-platinum awards for albums on which he was the executive producer, co-producer or A&R. He won Grammys for "Song Of The Year" and "Album Of The Year" with BONE THUGS 'N HARMONY for which he served as A&R.

"Cliff has been a musical force and guiding light in my career and my life for two decades. He introduced and championed my music to the recording business. He is a dear friend and musical ally and quite the guitar player himself," said Satriani. "Steve and I wanted to help Cliff and the idea of a show in L.A. with other members of the guitar community seemed to be the obvious way to celebrate and help him."

When the final tally is in, Satriani and Vai hope to have raised even more funds with this year's benefit to help with the Cultreri family's financial needs. "It's always a lot of fun to get on-stage and play with Steve," said Satriani. "We're especially thankful to have so many friends who came to jam with us and help raise money for our friend Cliff. All together, the artists and fans, made it a very special night for all of us."

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:23 pm
Dr. X

Found a cool vid of Rockin in the Free World, Tony's Macs solo is awesome!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDBW3r97 ... re=related :twisted:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:19 pm
Viking Kong

According to a tweet from the house of blues they raised over $100,000 for Cliff.

It was a pleasant surprise to see Dethklok open up the show. Steve and Joe are always fun to watch, but I personally prefer Satriani's music. All the guitarists in hte Jam session played some good solos, but I would have loved to hear more from Tony MacAlpine, and Orianthi.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]