View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 The "Truth" about Ron Rokken 
Viking Kong

Post Re: The Truth about Don Dokken
Lady Killer wrote:

Wow...Woody's got an awesome rack! :shock: :P :lol:

Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:34 pm
Viking Kong

Jeez! This thread just went from good to better! :lol:

What kind of dog does "VeronicaLodge" have in this fight?

Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:06 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Morality!

Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm
Viking Kong

Rich wrote:
What kind of dog does "VeronicaLodge" have in this fight?

Perhaps a dog named..."Don"? :wink:

Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:32 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

Let's just say as a 3rd party I find it offensive on many levels -
It breaks all the break up rules too ~ it is classless.
I will xxxx contact Scott (Travis) for this website using the Racer X name and posting this content.
Peace ~ V

Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:15 pm
Godzilla

VeronicaLodge wrote:
I will have my attorney ask that this be removed and contact Scott (Travis) for this website using the Racer X name and posting this content.
Peace ~ V

Did you join this site so you could have this removed?? :|

Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:45 pm
Viking Kong

VeronicaLodge wrote:
I will have my attorney ask that this be removed and contact Scott (Travis) for this website using the Racer X name and posting this content.
Peace ~ V

Hmmmm...now why would "Veronica" have "her" attorney ask to remove something from an internet message board that supposedly defames the character of someone that she has nothing to do with? Image :roll:

Well nobody on here better say shit about George Lynch, because if they do...I'll have MY attorney go after them! So there!!!! Image

Oh wait, nevermind...that ain't gonna happen because even though I'm a huge fan of George Lynch, I'm not him, don't work for him, and have nothing to do with him... so I'm not going to go waste my money and my attorney's time.

Say hello to Don for us sweetie (or is it sir?). :lol:
Image Image

Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:11 pm
Viking Kong

Hey while you're at, let Don and you attorney know that there's a couple of extra things just added here on Don Dokken. :twisted: ...

From Metal Sludge 2005
http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.ph ... &Itemid=42

Regarding a show on the VH1 Classic Metal Mania Stripped tour

Quote:
People like Don Dokken are not musicians – they’re “rock stars” and washed up ones at that. While you could certainly lump Firehouse into the nostalgia act category, at least they care enough to put on a good show in a professional manner – more than I can say for some others…

I commented when they were done, that I hoped that Jani Lane would be headlining. After all, reports had been that he’d whipped himself into shape, and of all of them, he’d had the most recent exposure with the Celebrity Fit Club thing. It only made sense that he’d be the top of the bill.

Nope – Jani came out next. Dressed in a sportcoat and Brian Johnson-like cap, he looked better than we’d seen him in years, and he sounded excellent. For all the crap that Sludge gives him, he really seemed to pull himself together this time. Of course that could come crashing down any time, but for now, he was great. Even the two new tunes he played were good.

After Jani finished his set, he mentioned that there was likely to be a jam with all of them at the end, after Dokken’s set. That would have been cool. I’ll give you my friend Jeff's words on this:

There was going to be a 'jam' w/ all the acts BUT Don decides he's gonna play twice as long as everybody else, right to curfew so there is no jam. THEN at the meet and greet (which quite a few people waited to do since ALL the acts were taking pics, signing etc) he refuses to sign anything or even interact with the fans instead he literally had his back turned to the fans and was at the bar. I have never seen a bigger jerk for someone who has no right to be one. Don was loaded and full of himself. He ruined what would have been a great bill. Don decided to do an impromptu blues jam and Reb was looking at him like "what are you doing?" and Reb said after 10 minutes of that, "let's play something they (fans) know" and Don said "no, let's play something WE know" He did a 5-10 minute version of "Alone again" and 10 minute version of "It's not love" - mind you all previous acts were given 20-25 minute sets total. Anyway - his whole deal just bothers me.

Why on earth is this guy even on the bill, much less headlining it over a bunch of artists who have had a ton more success. Seriously – it would have been much better if they’d given the other artists two more songs each to play, instead of letting this drunken, wig wearing, self-important moron on stage. Nobody came to see Don Dokken, and for him to hog the stage like he did to play rock star was insulting to the other artists. Not to mention his behavior afterwards. What a tool. Fortunately for many, they left after Jani’s set, so they didn’t have to sit through his garbage.

I’m out .

Chris Berg
Minneapolis, MN

Don Dokken an idiot? You don't say. Well Chris, look at the bright side. If Don was at the bar with his back to you, at least the fans didn't have to look at his boring face anymore. That along with his long thin feminine nose and of course the starter kit Elvira hair helmet. This guys middle name should be 'tool' because everyone who crosses paths with this guy wants to take a shot at him.

Metal Sludge
Bullets to spare

From Urbandictionary.com
http://www.urbandictionary.com/products ... id=2782489

BTW these weren't hard to find so be sure to keep checking in for more updates

Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:56 pm
Viking Kong

:lol:
O.
M.
G.

LoQ, I'll crack open a Dr. Pepper for you, if you share some of that popcorn! :wink:

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:18 pm
Viking Kong

I'll tell ya what Rich, I'll share my popcorn AND pick up the Dr Pepper. I can get it real cheap at my favorite place. I'm cool with the guy who works behind the counter. He used to sing in some band back in the 80s :P

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:37 pm
Viking Kong

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, but I hear the guy does bad things to girls & their hair who don't have enough money to pay for the snacks.
So don't send your girlfriend, & if you do, give her a metal bat!

I hear he's a better convenience store attendant than a singer anyway! :shock:

Pow!

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:45 pm
Viking Kong

So... it is confirmed then?

Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:09 am
Viking Kong

Zae wrote:
So... it is confirmed then?

Let's just say "yes" just to make poor "Veronica" mad. :twisted:

Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:12 am
Viking Kong

VeronicaLodge wrote:
I will have my attorney [...] contact Scott (Travis) for this website using the Racer X name and posting this content.
Peace ~ V

Could you pass the message that I believe Racer X is totally awesome and that we desperately need a band reunion?

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:32 am
Search Button God!

Acid Wire wrote:
VeronicaLodge wrote:
I will have my attorney [...] contact Scott (Travis) for this website using the Racer X name and posting this content.
Peace ~ V

Could you pass the message that I believe Racer X is totally awesome and that we desperately need a band reunion?

If you can get Scott to post here that would be tottaly worth getting sued :D

Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:43 am
is evil...Evil Joe

Gentlemen ~

POA ~ thanks for hanging with me on this ~

Racer X does need a reunion ~ I think JP has some tour dates coming up ~ Scott Travis also plays in a band called "White Trash Circus" with some great musicians when he is in Virginia.

First ~ EVERYONE LOVES F*ING GEORGE LYNCH ~ he's a guitar wizard ~

Second ~ Let's all agree that Mr. Dokken had one of the best hard rock/metal voices in the 80's. There's a few good vocals on Erase the Slate too.

I'm just a rocker chick, former Rock Star girlfriend, background vocalist for a couple of major artists and now ~ a consultant for music in movies and TV ~ certain genres only, of course. (I had regular jobs too ~ I love office practical jokes)

So ~ does anyone know the real reason Zakk did not play on Ozzy's last CD?

And ~ please don't talk about Steve Vai ~ LOL

Now ~ how about Mr. Coverdale? ~ I still rock the Whitesnake and Dokken on the "country" tour bus and jet.

I have to say ~ the best live act I have ever seen was not heavy metal ~ as much as I hate to say that ~ The Stones & Led Zeppelin were fantastic and I missed one of the last Lynyrd Skynyrd shows ~ couldn't get my lie on to my mom to sneak out of state to see them...it was actually Bruce Springsteen. He rocked a stadium ~ it was amazing.

However ~ ChickenFoot with Joe S. and Sammy Hagar is the best "Stripper Pole Rock" I have ever heard ~ hope they tour soon. Have ya heard their song "Down the Drain"?

Well gotta go ~

Peace,
Veronica

Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:37 am
Viking Kong

Veronica,

Allow me to offer you some advice…

1. In the future it's probably best to not resurrect a thread that was dead, forgotten, and on it's way to being buried by pages of posts in an active section of a forum.

2. Instead of signing up on a forum in order to publicly post complaints about "defamation of character" and threats of legal action, things should have been handled in a more professional manner by private messaging the admin. Since you decided to make it public you not only resurrected a dead and forgotten thread, but have now drawn so much more attention to this thread than it ever received in the first place, thus motivating its members to keep it active…because as we all know and have admitted in previous threads….we love our drama!

3. This the internet, once stuff is out there be it compromising photos, condemning quotes, or incriminating gossip it will never go away (no matter how many websites you threaten). It’s a virtual game of whack-a-mole. However… if you do somehow manage to convince the admin of this board to remove this thread, I promise you that I will personally make a point to continue the game of virtual whack-a-mole by posting the “Truth of Don Dokken” (that I have now copied and saved to my hard drive) onto every single forum that I belong to while encouraging everyone on those forums to pass it along to their favorite message boards as well. Now why would I go out of my way to do this you might ask? Simple…we don’t appreciate people signing up on this board for the sole purpose of stirring up shit by threatening legal action against this board. So don’t bother trying to make nice with us now, because you blew it! Go away, your name is mud around here!

4. Don Dokken did not have one of the best hard rock/metal voices in the 80's. There have been a number of dead and buried threads on here praising the guitar work of George Lynch vs the doucebaggery of Don Dokken and his weak voice, so you won’t find many people on here who are willing to agree with you.

To quote this board’s admin…

Quote:
George Lynch has inspired countless guitar players...including Jon Levin. When you talk about influential guitar players of 80's....George is on the list.

When you talk about influential singers, Don isn't on the list. Don (and many other singers in many other bands) will never have that kind of legacy.

Have a nice day and say hello to Don for us.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:11 pm
God Of The Sun

and dont let him Don Dokken you ;)

Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

1st ~ I did send a private message.
2nd ~ I agree that George is extremely gifted.
Lastly ~ LoQ ~ I actually like your passion and direct style ~ just not your legal ignorance.

Peace,
V

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:25 pm
Search Button God!

VeronicaLodge wrote:
I'm just a rocker chick, former Rock Star girlfriend, background vocalist for a couple of major artists and now ~ a consultant for music in movies and TV ~ certain genres only, of course. (I had regular jobs too ~ I love office practical jokes)

I'm just a regular, ordinary average Hawaiian dude, former US Navy SEAL, made a fortune by creating a wankel engine that runs on frog hairs and tears of eskimo hiphop artists, lost it all by investing in "upside down underwater helicopter" technology, also a singer ~ lead vocalist for Jesus' instrumental project "I wish I was adopted" ~ TV credits include "Bruce Willis' forhead double" and a small part in Black Hawk Down where I played all of the insurgents beards as well as the albino kid that juggles radioactive gerbils whilst roaming the streets at night disguised as an octopus (I've had regular jobs too ~ I love cake and singing with Ghandi about his love for vertical kayaking).

Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next