View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 2041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 103  Next
 Last CD/DVD you bought 
King Of The Monsters

Post Re: Last CD/DVD you bought
Bought Motley´s Dr. Feelgood

Image Image

Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:02 pm
Superhero

Alter Bridge - ABIII

Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:42 pm
Viking Kong

Guitarp77 wrote:

Whaddya think?

I like it. It's got the classics Kickstart My Heart and Dr. Feelgood. The album, considering its other songs is pretty good, but not as awesome as Girls, Girls, Girls or Theatre Of Pain or Shout At The Devil. I believe the three other albums I've cited are far superior, considering each album as a whole, and not only the "hit" songs.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:53 pm
Viking Kong

Acid Wire wrote:
Guitarp77 wrote:

Whaddya think?

I like it. It's got the classics Kickstart My Heart and Dr. Feelgood. The album, considering its other songs is pretty good, but not as awesome as Girls, Girls, Girls or Theatre Of Pain or Shout At The Devil. I believe the three other albums I've cited are far superior, considering each album as a whole, and not only the "hit" songs.

Dr Feelgood is junk IMO....

The 3 BEST Motley albums IMO: "Too Fast For Love", "Shout At The Devil" and the self titled "Motley Crue" (with Corabi) yeah that's right, I said it bitches!!! :twisted:

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:47 pm
Viking Kong

Xelatunes wrote:
Acid Wire wrote:
Guitarp77 wrote:

Whaddya think?

Dr Feelgood is junk IMO....

The 3 BEST Motley albums IMO: "Too Fast For Love", "Shout At The Devil" and the self titled "Motley Crue" (with Corabi) yeah that's right, I said it bitches!!! :twisted:

Nah man, Girls Girls Girls and Theatre Of Pain are awesome too, especially Theatre Of Pain. Mötley Crüe with Corabi wasn't all that great in my humble opinion. In fact I think I don't really like it. Dr. Feelgood is overproduced, so I clearly agree with the idea that it isn't as great as the first four records, still, it's the last Mötley Crüe album really faithful to the original style I found in the first four records. And it has two classic songs on it. You can't really go wrong with that album.

Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:00 pm
King Of The Monsters

I like Dr. Feelgood, is a very good album.

But I agree with Alex. The MC/MC album is KILLER. Tommy´s groove on that one is simply superb...

My fav though is Shout at the Devil!

Image Image

Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Alcatrazz - No Parole from Rock N' Roll + Live ´83 2xCD
Uli Jon Roth - Earthquake + Firewind 2xLP
Silver Moutnain - Universe CD

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:20 pm
Viking Kong

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:18 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:46 am
Viking Kong

Great cover, but my least favorite from Megadeth's gold era...

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:18 am
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

From the gold era... at which album does the gold era stop? Risk? or Cryptic Writings?
I'm asking because I'd like to know if you prefer Cryptic Writings over Youthanasia.

I like Youthanasia, although it's clearly less heavy than the other Megadeth albums.
It's got nice songs though. Addicted To Chaos has got a cool riff. Family Tree too. The solo on Killing Road rips. It's a pretty entertaining album.

Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:09 am
Viking Kong

Gold era stops at CR. Risk was a mistake :lol:

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:38 am
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

Youthanasia has a ton of cool songs, but is not often ranked alongside Megadeth's metal hits because the album does not exemplify the type of music that Megadeth was most known for. Fans in the early nineties could have seen the change coming because Countdown to Extinction was more hard rock and less thrash. Youthanasia was simply more exaggerated. I like most of the songs from the album. The Marty Friedman solo on "Killing Road" is in my Top 3 for Friedman solos--I like that song, too. I really like "A Tout le Monde," "Reckoning Day," "Addicted to Chaos," "Train of Consequences," and even "Elysian Fields" and "Family Tree." I've named nearly all the songs off the album, but they're all great pieces of music. Youthanasia was also the first Megadeth album that was released after I started listening to the band; in other words, it was my first "new" Megadeth album. It carries that sentimental value, for me.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:43 am
Viking Kong

Ryan wrote:
Youthanasia has a ton of cool songs, but is not often ranked alongside Megadeth's metal hits because the album does not exemplify the type of music that Megadeth was most known for. Fans in the early nineties could have seen the change coming because Countdown to Extinction was more hard rock and less thrash. Youthanasia was simply more exaggerated. I like most of the songs from the album. The Marty Friedman solo on "Killing Road" is in my Top 3 for Friedman solos--I like that song, too. I really like "A Tout le Monde," "Reckoning Day," "Addicted to Chaos," "Train of Consequences," and even "Elysian Fields" and "Family Tree." I've named nearly all the songs off the album, but they're all great pieces of music. Youthanasia was also the first Megadeth album that was released after I started listening to the band; in other words, it was my first "new" Megadeth album. It carries that sentimental value, for me.

I mostly agree with you exept for Train Of Consequences, I really don't like that one.
I got a remastered edition featuring Absolution, a pretty cool Megadeth instrumental by the way.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:59 am
King Of The Monsters

Youthanasia is pretty cool, even though it does not compare to RIP or Peace Sells, or even Countdown.

The middle riff of the song "Youthanasia" has to be one of the most killer riffs Mustaine has ever written.

Image Image

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Heavy Hitters - Michael Schenker Group.

Pretty boring album. Plenty of cool musicians doing covers, but after a very quick listen nothing really caught my ears. I still don't think they add much to the originals.
Only one I like is Doctor Doctor with Jeff Scott Soto on vocals. Otherwise I think all these musicians are awesome but didn't really do a super awesome album here.

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:35 pm
Superhero

Mountain - Climbing

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:55 pm
King Of The Monsters

Whitesnake - Forevermore

Image Image

Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Michael Schenker Group - Michael Schenker Group

Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 103  Next