View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 F Hole 
Promises to use Search button

Post F Hole
Heys guys, didnt know it this would e better in the guitarist or the PGM forum, sorry if its in the wrong place.
So Im thinking of getting some of those F Hole stickers in the style of the Paul Gilbert signature Ibanez guitars for my black lefthanded RG. These came up on eBay;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/F-Holes-Stand...d#ht_3698wt_905

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/F-Holes-Stand...d#ht_3293wt_905

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Paul-Gilbert-...m#ht_500wt_1156

There are two sellers there and each design has different dimensions, so of anyone knows what would be the best to buy, or can suggest another place to get this kinda thing, I'd be real grateful.

Id be more inclined to go with the cream ones that they ruined that SG with or the black one with the pearl-esque binding as I want it to show up against the black paint on my RG (also my pickups and knobs are white so Id actually prefer white to cream) but Im emailing the guy whose selling the black ones to see if he can get it in white, incase those ones are a more accurate size.

Cheers guys,
Bryce

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:26 am
Viking Kong

Post Re: F Hole
I'm not sure of the exact dimensions of the f-holes on a PGM. I can try measuring the ones on my 10th when I get home.

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:33 pm
Viking Kong

The ones in this link appear to be the same size as the ones on an Ibanez PGM. They also are the correct shape. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Paul-Gilbert-F-Hole-Stickers-Ibanez-Pgm-Guitar-Jem-Rg-/370485936135?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Access_RL&hash=item5642aec007#ht_500wt_1156

The other ones are slightly smaller. They may still look fine, but if you want it to look as close to a PGM as possible the other ones would be better.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:36 am

Were my links not working when you posted your first reply? Sorry about that.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying that for me, I emailed the guy and he says he has a set in white. Should look sweet.

Anyone got any tips for positioning them correctly on an RG?

I geuss Ill cut a slit in on of the stickers and have the pickup selector switch go through it. Anyone got images of holes on a normal RG?

Cheers,
Bryce

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:22 am
Viking Kong

xjustice09x wrote:
The other ones are slightly smaller. They may still look fine, but if you want it to look as close to a PGM as possible the other ones would be better.

Though, the HSS PGM301 and the PGM401 have 3% smaller F-Holes so if you prefer the look of those guitars, maybe go for the smaller ones.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:02 am
Profile YIM WWW
Viking Kong

Hydra150 wrote:

Anyone got any tips for positioning them correctly on an RG?

I geuss Ill cut a slit in on of the stickers and have the pickup selector switch go through it. Anyone got images of holes on a normal RG?

It depends on what model RG you have for how I'd try and determine placement. If you have a single coil in the middle position placement is easier. I don't know if you have a trem or hardtail. Look at pictures of the 401 or 300 to see how hte f hole lines up with the bridge.

On a PGM with a single coil in the middle the top of the f hole pretty much lines up with the top of the single coil. The control layout is different on a PGM vs an RG. The switches are at different locations and at different angles, so don't cut the sticker in the middle and try to place it over the switch. Find the placement for the f hole first then cut to make room fro the switch.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:39 pm

Its an RG370dxl so it has a trem (now blocked) and a singlecoil yeah.
Thanks for the tips.

Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]