View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Sean Pierce's All-Purpose Pedal Thread 
Viking Kong

Post Re: Sean Pierce's All-Purpose Pedal Thread
new toy :D

Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:51 am
Superhero

Yup. Richie Kotzen in a box. Awesome pedal, congrats!

Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:03 pm
Godzilla

Another question regarding putting two pedals in one box, should I wire the input and output jacks to both pedals or wire the output of the first to the input of the second? I want to have the ability to have one both or neither pedals on. Thanks for any help.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:10 pm
Viking Kong

trem7 wrote:
Another question regarding putting two pedals in one box, should I wire the input and output jacks to both pedals or wire the output of the first to the input of the second? I want to have the ability to have one both or neither pedals on. Thanks for any help.

I would think you would want to wire the output of the first to the input of the second. That way it will be just like having the pedals in 2 separate enclosures connected in series like you would probably have them on a pedal board.

If you wired them in parallel you would be processing the input signal with 2 different circuits then recombining. Depending on the pedals this could create some interesting tones, but I don't think this is what you are after with a boost and distortion.

Assuming your signal path is guitar -> pedal -> amp, and you have the boost after the distortion. In series the boost would amplify your guitar signal or the distorted guitar signal. In parallel both circuits would work on the clean guitar signal. So at the output you would have distorted guitar signal combined with a boosted clean guitar signal.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:00 pm
Godzilla

Finally my finished Distortion +/LPB-1 Pedal, built from a General Guitar Gadgets kit... I guess two kits, all for $91 Shipped. The inside looks insane, what a mess of wires but now I know to solder the wires onto the jacks, switches, LEDs, etc before the PCBs. Anyway here's a pic! I call it "Zilla"

Sounds killer, should have some sound clips up someday.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:31 pm
Viking Kong

Do you know somewhere you can get just a case for a decent price?

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:07 pm
Godzilla

http://ca.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx ... 546-1590BB
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/com ... egory_id=8
These aren't too bad, or search on ebay for some enclosures.The ones on GGG are predrilled, I'm not 100% sure but I'd say you could get some that aren't drilled too.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:20 pm
Viking Kong

Awesome, thank you very much. Much cheaper than I had expected.

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:25 pm
Superhero

trem7 wrote:
Finally my finished Distortion +/LPB-1 Pedal, built from a General Guitar Gadgets kit... I guess two kits, all for $91 Shipped. The inside looks insane, what a mess of wires but now I know to solder the wires onto the jacks, switches, LEDs, etc before the PCBs. Anyway here's a pic! I call it "Zilla"

Sounds killer, should have some sound clips up someday.

For a second I thought it said "Beast" under the left switch :lol:

Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

hey guys, I recently bought my first tube amp (Egnater Tweaker) and I've been playing around with it and it's pretty versatile, but now I'm looking for a decent Overdrive pedal...

Have any of you tried the Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi?? I think for the price is one of my options... initially I thought on getting the classic tubescreamer sound, but now I see so many options between Fuzz boxes Overdrives and Distortions... that I think I'll get either this one (EHX) or the Pigtronix Polysaturator...

thoughts???

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:17 am
Profile YIM
Motorman

Just got the BYOC Wah in today, after watching the new wah documentary vids, hah. Pretty easy to build, even though I don't have any experience with this sort of thing. I usually mess up wirings and solderings. I had some annoying problems with the enclosure though, but most of them worked out.

It sounds pretty good, I'm still tweaking it though.

What do you guys think of BYOC? I'm thinking of getting one of their compressors next, but I can't decide between them, there's 3 of them now.

Fender HH Tele / RG7321 / Gunslinger -> Pitchblack -> BYOC Wah -> DOD FX25B -> Phase100 -> Xotic EP Booster -> Xotic BB Preamp -> Eventide TimeFactor -> Carvin X100B -> Dr.Z Air Brake -> Orange 2x12

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:20 pm
Godzilla

Where did you get the enclosure for the wah? I've been looking around because I'd like to build one but I can only find enclosures that aren't economical. I'd rather not pay more for parts than buying new. I haven't built any byoc pedals but the instructions look awesome, very clear. I think I'll be buying a few soon. Let me know how the comp turns out.

Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:33 am
Motorman

My local BYOC dealer had the enclosure, but it wasn't cheap. I think it would've been cheaper to just get a cheap Crybaby, strip it and use the case from it. Don't know if the kit would fit though....

Yeah, the instructions are as clear and easy to follow as LEGO. :D

Fender HH Tele / RG7321 / Gunslinger -> Pitchblack -> BYOC Wah -> DOD FX25B -> Phase100 -> Xotic EP Booster -> Xotic BB Preamp -> Eventide TimeFactor -> Carvin X100B -> Dr.Z Air Brake -> Orange 2x12

Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:20 am
Motorman

Kind of older. Replace ds-1 with the DOD yjm 308 overdrive

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:25 am
Dr. X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORdP3Sh ... re=related

Besides using AF2, what pedals does Paul use exactly at 4:15

:D

@black album: awesome 8)

Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:10 pm
Godzilla

nezcar wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORdP3ShC3Q&feature=related

Seems to be both sides of the AF2 set to the crazy flange setting.

Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:32 pm
God Of The Sun

I need advice from my friends with the know in electronics. Just picked up my Eventide Timefactor power supply to discover that its all mangled right where the lead connects to the plug.

could i use this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/9-Volt-9V-Power-S ... 228wt_1139

to power an eventide pedal?

I don't know very much about electrics, but this is a 9v power supply that gives 1.2A (which is 1200mA right?) so it should be ok with the eventide pedals.... is there anything else I am missing?

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/P ... actor.aspx

Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:13 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

I'm not sure if it would fix your problem but if the lead and plug are the only parts messed up then you could just replace the plug and it wouldn't cost very much at all. That is if the power supply is still good which I'm assuming it is and you can solder. All you would need is to buy a new plug and cut the leads and reconnect them to the new plug the same way they were on the old one. Make sure that the center is the right polarity or you could mess up the pedal.
Hope that helps.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:36 pm
Dr. X

trem7 wrote:
nezcar wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORdP3ShC3Q&feature=related

Seems to be both sides of the AF2 set to the crazy flange setting.

thanks man, i had tried this, and it's super fun :D

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:27 pm
Motorman

Currently, my pedal setup is this:

Boss CS-3 --> Boss MZ-2 (don't use it much) --> Marshall Jackhammer (use it most of the time) --> MXR Phase 90.

I'm thinking of buying a Korg Pitchblack tuner and an Ibanez AF2, but I really want a new overdrive pedal. I don't want any Tubescreamer clones - I've got one of those already, and it's also not being used.

What would you recommend to get a tone similar to Paul's? I've got an Ibanez Rocket Roll II with the stock pickups, that I'm thinking of changing to ToneZone (B) and PAF Pro neck, and this is going into a Fender Roc Pro 700 amp.

By "Paul's tone" I mean his newer tone - SFBADR, Fuzz Universe. I know that's going to be pretty difficult without single coils, but yeah.

I'm thinking the Majik Box Fuzz Universe might be the only option, but my lord is that expensive...

Sat May 07, 2011 11:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next