View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:36 am



Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Snakebyte - The original Racer X email. 
Author Message
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:49 am
Posts: 4801
Location: london baby
Post 
ahhh but i told you they were reforming before he even replyed to you :wink:

_________________
Suhr GG > peterson strobe 2 > EB wah > Rothwell compressor > Suhr Shiba > Suhr Riot > Jam boomster > Jam ripple > Delay Llama Bogner XTC > EB volume > bi-chorus > cornford 2x12


Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:35 am
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:21 pm
Posts: 30
Post Re: Snakebyte - The original Racer X email.
Supernaught wrote:
nkarl480 wrote:

if i was paul i would pay a highly trained assassin, but on the other hand THANK YOU for changing him :lol:


If I was Paul Id have told you to go fuck yourself. Says more about Paul that he didnt. What a nice guy, and a total professional.


Absolutley shows what non-ego maniac and down to earth person that he really is.


Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:01 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:25 pm
Posts: 2261
Location: Great White North, 'eh?!?
Post Re: Snakebyte - The original Racer X email.
Holy shit funny...I actually heard the unedited Evil Joe skit before I read that whole letter. Glad it got posted!

_________________
Chad Dyer
Naturally Wired Designs LLC
[email protected]


Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:19 am
Profile
King Of The Monsters
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:53 am
Posts: 24189
Location: Santiago, Chile
Post Re: Snakebyte - The original Racer X email.
Chad Dyer wrote:
Holy shit funny...I actually heard the unedited Evil Joe skit before I read that whole letter. Glad it got posted!


welcome back Bro!

Good to see ya back here!

Many years since I read that letter. CLASSIC.

_________________
Viva Chile Mierda!

Image Image


Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:03 am
Profile WWW
Dr. X
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:47 pm
Posts: 234
Location: Toyland
Post Re: Snakebyte - The original Racer X email.
The funny thing ist, that Snakebyte was actually right with what he said about Pauls Solo Album(s) and with what people wanna hear from Paul...All those years later Paul gave up writing pop songs and is just about to release his 3rd instrumental album in a row...stuff to think about :o


Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:29 am
Profile
Search Button God!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:05 pm
Posts: 5105
Location: Mailbag Of Doom
Post Re: Snakebyte - The original Racer X email.
Only Surg moderates this forum. I've cleaned up all the sections I could.

_________________
Image


Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:04 pm
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:49 am
Posts: 1888
Location: Sydney
Post Re: Snakebyte - The original Racer X email.
Quote:
I read where you said "Mike Varney told me to play fast". What is that about? Yeah like you never liked that stuff.

I remember Paul making comments like this at clinics I've been to. Kinda giving the impression he never really liked shred. And it really bugged the shit outta me.

_________________
Image

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"


Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:18 am
Profile
Dr. X

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:26 pm
Posts: 240
Post Re: Snakebyte - The original Racer X email.
ßrono wrote:
Quote:
I read where you said "Mike Varney told me to play fast". What is that about? Yeah like you never liked that stuff.

I remember Paul making comments like this at clinics I've been to. Kinda giving the impression he never really liked shred. And it really bugged the shit outta me.


That's just bullshit. Mike Varney told everyone to play fast EVERYWHERE - I remember a Jason Becker quote about the Cacophony album that Varney was saying "you should put a solo in here" whenever they had any clear space.

So I think Paul's quote is not that he never liked shred (damn, just listen to those albums!), but more like that if he ever tried to play something slower and melodic, or just let a riff groove, Varney was telling him to play something fast instead.


Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:58 am
Profile
Search Button God!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:05 pm
Posts: 5105
Location: Mailbag Of Doom
Post Re: Snakebyte - The original Racer X email.
silentbob777 wrote:
So I think Paul's quote is not that he never liked shred (damn, just listen to those albums!), but more like that if he ever tried to play something slower and melodic, or just let a riff groove, Varney was telling him to play something fast instead.


Well Street Lethal sounds beyond awesome so Varney clearly knew what he was doing ;)

_________________
Image


Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:46 am
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:49 am
Posts: 1888
Location: Sydney
Post Re: Snakebyte - The original Racer X email.
silentbob777 wrote:
ßrono wrote:
Quote:
I read where you said "Mike Varney told me to play fast". What is that about? Yeah like you never liked that stuff.

I remember Paul making comments like this at clinics I've been to. Kinda giving the impression he never really liked shred. And it really bugged the shit outta me.


That's just bullshit. Mike Varney told everyone to play fast EVERYWHERE - I remember a Jason Becker quote about the Cacophony album that Varney was saying "you should put a solo in here" whenever they had any clear space.

So I think Paul's quote is not that he never liked shred (damn, just listen to those albums!), but more like that if he ever tried to play something slower and melodic, or just let a riff groove, Varney was telling him to play something fast instead.

Im not talking about what mike varney said, just comments pauls has made at numerous clinics ive been to.

_________________
Image

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"


Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:30 pm
Profile
Promises to use Search button

Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:39 am
Posts: 1
Post Re: Snakebyte - The original Racer X email.
This topic is interesting

_________________
Tiny Tanks Unblocked Tiny Tanks


Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:42 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.