View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 FNG from Sweden :P 
Promises to use Search button

Post FNG from Sweden :P
Yeah so I just joined, figured I'd introduce myself! (Hopefully this is the right place to post) :)

I first discovered Paul Gilbert about 2-3 years ago while on youtube, looking for videos related to a band I had at the time, recently discovered.

The band was Sex Machineguns (a japanese speed/power metal outfit, for those of you that didn't know :P) and this being the
clip itself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM2FenHM ... 5&index=21
As always, Paul's solo is really amazing!

Looking back, I think this was a turning point in my life, at least as far as my taste in music is concerned, as I around this time started to drift away from japanese rock music (I do still consider L'arc en Ciel to be one of my favourite bands though. For those that haven't heard them I can recommend this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM2FenHM ... 5&index=21). Not only had I just discovered one of my, today, favourite guitarists, but he actually played live in Stockholm not long after (Silence followed by a deafening roar tour I believe).

Anyway. With my sudden discovery of Paul, I started to keep an eye out for Ibanez guitars. I can't clearly remember when, but I had gotten my hands on a Ibanez catalouge (2008 maybe?) that had the ad for the PGM 301. I'm guessing this was my very first case of GAS. Since I couldn't afford it at the time, so I bought an Ibanez Jumpstart kit instead :(
(And then got rid of my crappy J&D Strat copy).

Now, as I'm due for an undisclosed amount of $$, I intend to get myself an new axe. I've been through too many GAS attacks this year as I'm easily influenced by what I'm listening to at the moment, and I've been planning this purchase for a long time. But seeing Paul Gilbert live about 2 weeks ago on his Fuzz Universe tour (probably the best gig I've ever been to) rekindled my love for the PGM's. Mostly the 301's and the 401's, though the Cherry Fireman that Paul used on the fuzz universe album/tour is really really beautiful IMO. :)

This is actually how I ended up here. After checking the bay and such, I simply googled on "buy pgm 301" or somesuch in my desperation for this very guitar, and voila, here I am. So yes, I'm gonna try to keep an eye out for them if they surface here.

I consider myself more of a "Technical Difficulties" (which I realized, I perhaps should've taken as nick instead of Noodlefingers had it been available (didn't check), as they both in a sense represent my frustration regarding improvement on guitar skills) person than a "Scarified" person. Both tracks are great, but I enjoy TD slightly more, especially live versions.

Other things I like doing that's not music related; Playing computer/video games, writing (wether it'd be lyrics, movie script or just working on my own fantasy world), hanging out with the missus and/or friends.

Some of my favourite artists/bands (Not counting PG :P) are; Billy Idol (with Steve Stevens of course), Machinae Supremacy, Nightwish, Chris Rea, Steve Vai, Satch, Sisters of Mercy and L'arc en Ciel (There's more, but meh).

I wish that hopefully someday I'll be able to start my own alternative rock band.

Oh well, this post has taken long enough to write (not mentioning that I was logged out when I tried to preview it, thank god for ctrl+c) so I guess I'll stop here.

Just want to say Hello to everyone here, and thanks to Ken for letting me join!

Cheers.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:02 pm
Viking Kong

Post Re: FNG from Sweden :P
Welcome aboard!!!! :D

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:15 pm
Viking Kong

Welcome to the board. I'm glad to see an other Sex Machineguns fan.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Awesome, thanks a bunch guys! :D

@Zetsy: Likewise :) I really appreciate the energy and the way they approach (or approached) their music. Plus Anchang's voice is awesome.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:59 pm
Viking Kong

Welcome!!
I did things the other way round and discovered Sex Machineguns fom that video when looking for videos of Paul! :P

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:40 am
Profile YIM WWW
Search Button God!

Welcome :)

dave5150 wrote:
I did things the other way round and discovered Sex Machineguns fom that video when looking for videos of Paul! :P

Same here :)

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:45 am

Thanks a lot!! :D

Hah no way! That just makes it even more epic! :D

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:58 pm
God Of The Sun

hi & welcome

the Sex machineguns clip that you mentioned is indeed, one of the coolest things
a all time classic for me

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:37 pm
God Of The Sun

Welcome! :mrgreen:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:37 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Welcome! another swede! awesome

Välkommen :)

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:05 pm
Profile WWW

Hello and thanks a lot! :mrgreen:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:15 pm
Dr. X

forgive me for spelling it wrong, but didn't Larc en ceil do the intro to Full metal alchemist, it was like ready steady go, I liked it alot when I used to watch the show.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:40 am
God Of The Sun

Welcome! I'd just like to say... Sweden is awesome! They got some sick metal bands! Some of the best infact!

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]