View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Charity Auction Benefits Animal Shelter (PG guitar, etc.) 
Queen Dork of the board

Post Charity Auction Benefits Animal Shelter (PG guitar, etc.)
Beginning NOW - Bid high and bid often ...

Original news blurb link:
http://hangout.altsounds.com/news/11904 ... lbert.html
Here is the sale's "landing" page.
http://shop.ebay.com/furfeather/m.html

Apparently next week they are going to put up 2 guitars. "Adding in the next week to the auction will be 2 signed Ibanez guitars, one from Paul Gilbert and one from Steve Vai". Because I don't know if it's going to be a PGM or not, and other artists are covered in this sale, I put this post in Music Mall. Right now they have a signed bass from Billy Sheehan up, and a bunch of Ozzy memorabilia.

Just one caveat (other then the usuals) and that is that this place has 0 feedback. Ask lots of questions!

Again this is a charity auction to benefit an animal shelter. Help them support re-homing of homeless pets. Not every animal at a shelter is there because they have behavior problems - a lot of them are placed because the owners die, get divorced, the kids go to college, some may have been taken out of abusive homes, etc. Here in OH, no-kill shelters only take in the "better" animals because they can't euthanize them, so they have a more strict acceptance policy. Getting an animal from a no-kill is usually a safe choice. :)

"FUR & FEATHER ANIMAL SANCTUARY is a 501(c)(3) that was organized exclusively for charitable, and educational purposes, more specifically for helping homeless and un-wanted animals with medical care and adoption in a no-kill safe environment."

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:45 pm
Godzilla

Post Re: Charity Auction Benefits Animal Shelter (PG guitar, etc.
Exciting! :mrgreen:

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:34 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

That's awesome though I do think it belongs in side projects forum

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Did this ever happen???

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:56 am
Viking Kong

Dr Zaius wrote:
Did this ever happen???

Unfortunately I completely forgot to check the items out nearer the end but from the sellers feedback, it definitely looks like it happened!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=furfeather&ftab=AllFeedback

Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Queen Dork of the board

Update:

Looks like Fur & Feather got a hairball. The offering - after months passed - has been downgraded to guitars signed by Steve Vai, PG, etc at silent auction.
Meaning = random guitars with signatures.
You know how you guys say that Paul's sig. adds about $0-$15 of value to a guitar if the buyer likes signatures on their axes? Well... that's about what it's going to amount to. *sigh*
It would have been awesome if they had run the auction like it was advertised at first. Getting a guitar from Paul's stash is FAR different then getting some random signed guitar.

Of course, this is for charity, so bidding high and often is encouraged! But don't go nuts. At a certain price point, you are better off donating pet food, bedding, etc. to the shelter. $35 (their minimim price ticket) buys at least 20 pounds of good quality cat food (Science Diet and other premiums - I *think* you can still get Iams that cheap...), and that lasts a cat over a month. That's a lot of good eats for a cat in a shelter.

Like ~half of Yes and half of Toto will be performing as Yoso, so there will be some live music. Of course, if you want to socialize, spot celebrities, and check out some live music, go to the gala!

Link to new PR:
http://sonicshocks.com/ANIMAL-CHARITY-C ... KOTZEN.php

Paul will be in Manchester on tour, hopefully playing to an adoring birthday-bash crowd, so he's not even going to be there. Which is totally cool because tours are so much more exciting. :)

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:32 am
Viking Kong

I'd rather just give the charity money.

But yeah, hell yeah, gonna try and make all the UK PG shows :)

Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:32 pm
Queen Dork of the board

@Zae: AWESOME. You'll be a road warrior! Definitely keep a detailed journal.
(silliness: Will you submit your article to Kerrang, Metal Hammer, etc.? :) )

I thought about sending a pretty sizeable donation ($150-ish wholesale/of stuff their animals can use) to them, and then realized: it would cost me like $60 to have a 25 pound bag of cat food shipped to them, and they do not reply to their emails, so... I'll keep donating to a couple of local critter charities & shelters.
(Even though I would be a donor and I don't work for them - I kinda feel like I had one of those "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" / "lost opportunity" moments! *sigh*)

Hopefully they will have a nice donation harvest so they can have a really good year next year. The first few years are always the most difficult for a start-up. So anything that will make their year better, and make the animals more comfy, would be cool.

~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~

Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]