View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Scorpions are leaving the music scene 
Queen Dork of the board

Post The Scorpions are leaving the music scene
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=133950

When link checking, I couldn't get the exact article to come up the first time (it was OK the second time), so...

Excerpt:

"...there was also something else: we want to end the SCORPIONS' extraordinary career on a high note.
"We are extremely grateful for the fact that we still have the same passion for music we've always had since the beginning. This is why, especially now, we agree we have reached the end of the road. We finish our career with an album we consider to be one of the best we have ever recorded..."

I wonder if that means one more album / one more tour, or release the album and that's it. *shrug*

The Scorpions have been HUGE forever... that sucks that they're leaving or ceasing to record, but it's good they're leaving on a high note.

Not much else to report.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:19 pm
Viking Kong

I think that's a good reason to leave the scene, actually. Nobody wants to drag something they love down to something it didn't used to be. A shame, but it's nice.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:37 pm
Dr. X

that's fucked up. But you can't keep making music forever and i think the music the scorpions are making these days doesn't even match up against the stuff they did in the 70's/80's

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Their best 2 Discs are "Blackout" and "Love At First Sting"... That was their peak...

Mattias has always been one of my favorite "underrated" guitarists...

I'm sure at some point when they've been away and miss it there'll be a reunion tour...

8)

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:25 pm
Godzilla

you should pick up anything before lovedrive, sure they sold millions with love at first sting, but the best stuff was in the 70's, In Trance, Taken by Force, Virgin Killer, quality stuff not watered down for the mass market. they went in a different direction when Uli Jon Roth left and it worked out for them, i would love to see these guys before they are gone.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:10 am
Viking Kong

This actually scares me. Most of my favorite bands' members are over 50... and everyday I'm thinking: "Woah 50+... they could retire anytime". I'm 30 years younger than my heroes, and I'm going to see all of them retire, and honestly, it breaks my heart. I don't know what I'll do when Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Van Halen, Kiss etc retire, and I'll know heavy metal the way I like it will be truly over. No modern/recent band sounds anything like good old fashionned NWOBH or 80's american heavy metal. If my memory doesn't fail me, all (almost?) of the members of Racer X are between 40 and 50 years old, which is conforting to me since I know they could easily keep rocking for 15 years if not more... but only if Paul Gilbert actually decides to do something with Racer X within the next 15 years... what's he gonna do, make 1 album and then leave the band on hiatus forever until finally calling it quits?... I sure hope not, but as time goes by, it's what it looks like.

My only consolation is to know that some modern bands are the rightful successors of 80's heavy metal: Sonata Arctica is what comes to mind... They're too modern sounding, Power metal sounding, keyboard abusing for me to love, but they've got the chops, attitude, and spirit with them, and I'm glad to know something's been saved and that I'm not condemned to hear music such as Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears and the like for the rest of my life. The whole Progressive branch of metal is what seems to be more popular nowadays, and although I don't love it, I feel they're rightful successors too.

I'm really sad that apart from a few bands, the rest of "heavy metal" consists of "cookie monster vocals, spiritless guitar tones, uninspired chord progressions and power chords metal", and what's worse is that more and more metal bands are tainted with rap. God help us all. Oh, and don't get me started on the so called "Independent music" or "Independent rock"... which are actually disguised mainstream music; by definition, you're not supposed to find independent music in record stores. Punk rock is another form of modern music I dislike, the worst part of it being their audience...

Anyway, many of you might think I'm a facist paranoid, overly emotionnal cock after reading all this... but I must admit I'm a 80's heavy metal purist, and that gives me the right to badmouth pretty much everything and settle any argument with a headbutt. If you're not happy about me saying Rihanna, Blink 182, or Slipknot suck to only name three: feel free to exercise your right to eat shit. :lol:

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:58 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Hey man I hear you completely.. I'm sure there's good stuff out there. But I don't care too much for any 'new' band or anything. I've seen about all I've ever wanted and I'd prefer just to try and make my own music now. The only thing I can wish for is like you said, a Racer X reunion. It will be very sad seeing all the metal gods and stuff retire but that's life.. at least they're all still alive. The person I'd want to meet and see the most in the world has been dead for years. THAT sucks. :(

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

I've seen about all I've ever wanted and I'd prefer just to try and make my own music now.

That's one of my dreams. I figured since nobody wanted to make heavy metal the way I like anymore, I should do it myself. Sadly, I'm very humble about my guitar skills, and although sometimes I feel I have found a great idea for a composition, I don't have the skills to play it, let alone put it on paper.

EricF wrote:
The person I'd want to meet and see the most in the world has been dead for years. THAT sucks. :(

I think I've read something you wrote somewhere about that... was it Zappa?

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:05 am
Viking Kong

This actually scares me. Most of my favorite bands' members are over 50... and everyday I'm thinking: "Woah 50+... they could retire anytime". I'm 30 years younger than my heroes, and I'm going to see all of them retire, and honestly, it breaks my heart. I don't know what I'll do when Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Van Halen, Kiss etc retire, and I'll know heavy metal the way I like it will be truly over. No modern/recent band sounds anything like good old fashionned NWOBH or 80's american heavy metal. If my memory doesn't fail me, all (almost?) of the members of Racer X are between 40 and 50 years old, which is conforting to me since I know they could easily keep rocking for 15 years if not more... but only if Paul Gilbert actually decides to do something with Racer X within the next 15 years... what's he gonna do, make 1 album and then leave the band on hiatus forever until finally calling it quits?... I sure hope not, but as time goes by, it's what it looks like.

My only consolation is to know that some modern bands are the rightful successors of 80's heavy metal: Sonata Arctica is what comes to mind... They're too modern sounding, Power metal sounding, keyboard abusing for me to love, but they've got the chops, attitude, and spirit with them, and I'm glad to know something's been saved and that I'm not condemned to hear music such as Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears and the like for the rest of my life. The whole Progressive branch of metal is what seems to be more popular nowadays, and although I don't love it, I feel they're rightful successors too.

I'm really sad that apart from a few bands, the rest of "heavy metal" consists of "cookie monster vocals, spiritless guitar tones, uninspired chord progressions and power chords metal", and what's worse is that more and more metal bands are tainted with rap. God help us all. Oh, and don't get me started on the so called "Independent music" or "Independent rock"... which are actually disguised mainstream music; by definition, you're not supposed to find independent music in record stores. Punk rock is another form of modern music I dislike, the worst part of it being their audience...

Anyway, many of you might think I'm a facist paranoid, overly emotionnal cock after reading all this... but I must admit I'm a 80's heavy metal purist, and that gives me the right to badmouth pretty much everything and settle any argument with a headbutt. If you're not happy about me saying Rihanna, Blink 182, or Slipknot suck to only name three: feel free to exercise your right to eat shit. :lol:

I agree with everything you've said.

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:17 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

Veteran German hard rockers SCORPIONS will release their final studio album, "Sting In The Tail", in North America on March 23 via Universal Music Enterprises. The CD was recorded at a studio in Hannover, Germany with Swedish producers Mikael "Nord" Andersson and Martin Hansen (the team behind THE RASMUS' "Dead Letters" CD).

Check out the cover artwork below.

After the release of the album and a three-year mammoth tour, which will take the SCORPIONS across five continents, the band will end its career. The group broke the news on its web site on Sunday.

"It was always our pleasure, our purpose in life, our passion and we were fortunate enough to make music for you — whether it was live on stage or in the studio, creating new songs," the band wrote.

"While we were working on our album these past few months, we could literally feel how powerful and creative our work was — and how much fun we were still having in the process. But there was also something else: we want to end the SCORPIONS' extraordinary career on a high note.

"We are extremely grateful for the fact that we still have the same passion for music we've always had since the beginning. This is why, especially now, we agree we have reached the end of the road. We finish our career with an album we consider to be one of the best we have ever recorded and with a tour that will start in our home country Germany and take us to five different continents over the next few years.

"We want you, our fans, to be the first to know about this.

"Thank you for your never-ending support throughout the years!

"We uploaded the very first snippets from our new album for you here. And now… let's get the party started and get ready for a 'Sting in the Tail'!"

In a December 2009 interview with the Polish web site Plejada, SCORPIONS guitarist Rudolf Schenker stated about the band's forthcoming CD, "After 'Humanity - Hour 1', which was more in the concept-album [vein], talking about the problems in the world, we said, 'OK, we talked about all these things which [were] happening and now we don't wanna talk again about problems, now we wanna party. We're going back to the roots of the band.

"We have great rock songs — fantastic rock songs — we have great ballads... The mixture if 10 percent ballads and the rest is up-tempo and mid-tempo [material]. And I think we have a great team of people working for us, producer team from Sweden — they're great people — and we're doing this recording in Stockholm and in Hannover, where my studio is.

"It looks great. We have a fantastic sound, because my studio is very good for guitars, and this time we're looking very much also to bring the guitars up, and, of course, with the great voice of Klaus, with the right melodies, giving the right vibe — the typical SCORPIONS sound."

Added singer Klaus Meine: "We recorded the last album in the U.S. This has a more European kind of feel, I think, working in Germany and in Sweden. And we're looking very much forward to releasing this in the spring and we can't wait to play the songs live on stage.

"We tried to find this spontaneous moment — not to overproduce things and to keep things really fresh.

"There are a lot of great songs on this record. And we always had our fans in mind [when putting the material together], especially the tour next year, because we hope many [of the new] songs we can [perform live] on the road."

2009 was the year of the SCORPIONS: they received the German lifetime achievement ECHO, collected many other awards, and undertook a grand tour through Russia, the U.S. and Europe. However, it is 2010 that will set a milestone for the career of the most successful international rock band from Germany. The SCORPIONS will be touring the world for the next two years and performing in the largest venues and stadiums that cross their path. The mammoth tour will be launched for the first time in many years in Germany. "It was important for us to give our fans a chance to celebrate a never-to-forget party with us," said Schenker. Meine added, "2010 is going to be a very special year for the SCORPIONS, so it is an especially good feeling to be able to start this tour at home."

The performances in Germany will be followed by concerts in the U.S., South America, Asia, Russia and various countries in Europe.

SCORPIONS' brand new DVD, "Amazonia - Live In The Jungle" — a live recording of the SCORPIONS concerts in Manaus and Recife, Brazil — is in stores now.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:17 am
King Of The Monsters

This last album will be a tribute to Germany´s finest heavy metal band (right up there with accept, priest and maiden).

They are playing in Chile in September 14, and that day will be a day to remember.

Scorpions RULE

Image Image

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:15 pm
Viking Kong

Raised On Rock", a brand new track from German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS, is now available for purchase via Amazon.com. The song comes off the band's final studio album, "Sting In The Tail", which will be released in Europe on March 19 and in North America on March 23 via Universal Music Enterprises. The CD was recorded at a studio in Hannover, Germany with Swedish producers Mikael "Nord" Andersson and Martin Hansen (the team behind THE RASMUS' "Dead Letters" CD).

The complete track listing and songwriting credits for "Sting In The Tail" are as follows:

01. Raised On Rock (3:57)

Music: Mikael Nord Andersson, Martin Hansen
Lyrics : Martin Hansen, Klaus Meine

02. Sting In The Tail (3:12)

Music : Klaus Meine, Rudolf Schenker
Lyrics : Klaus Meine

03. Slave Me (2:44)

Music : Rudolf Schenker
Lyrics : Klaus Meine, Matthias. Jabs, Eric Bazilian

04. The Good Die Young (feat. Tarja Turunen) (5:14)

Music : Rudolf Schenker, Christian Kolonovits

05. No Limit (3:24)

Music : Klaus Meine, Rudolf Schenker, Eric Bazilian
Lyrics : Klaus Meine, Rudolf Schenker, Eric Bazilian

06. Rock Zone (3:17)

Music : Klaus Meine, Mikael Nord Andersson, Martin Hansen

07. Lorelei (4:31)

Music : Rudolf Schenker, Fredrik Thomander, Anders Wikström
Lyrics : Klaus Meine, Eric Bazilian, Fredrik Thomander, Anders Wikström

08. Turn You On (4:25)

Music : Rudolf Schenker, Mikael Nord Andersson, Martin Hansen

09. Let's Rock (3:21)

Music : Rudolf Schenker, Klaus Meine, Eric Bazilian
Lyrics : Klaus Meine, Eric Bazilian

10. SLY (5:15)

Music : Klaus Meine, Rudolf Schenker

11. Spirit Of Rock (3:43)

Music : Rudolf Schenker, Eric Bazilian
Lyrics : Klaus Meine, Rudolf Schenker, Eric Bazilian

12. The Best Is Yet To Come (4:34)

Music : Eric Bazilian, Fredrik Thomander, Anders Wikström
Lyrics : Rudolf Schenker, Eric Bazilian, Fredrik Thomander, Anders Wikström

13. Thunder And Lightning (bonus track)

Music : Rudolf Schenker, Klaus Meine, Christian Kolonovits

After the release of the album and a three-year mammoth tour, which will take the SCORPIONS across five continents, the band will end its career. The group broke the news on its web site last month.

Guitarist Rudolf Schenker told Billboard.com that the prospect of ending SCORPIONS is indeed "really sad, and I don't even want to think about it." But he explained that the band and its management ultimately feel it's the right move to end the band on a high note with its new album, "Sting in the Tail", rather than risk a slow decline.

"You can't think about SCORPIONS at 70, not moving on stage, playing 'Rock You Like a Hurricane' — but on stage it's not like a hurricane, it's a very small wind," he said. "There's no stinger, and that's not good. You're going back down hill, from big hall to small how, small how to club...Everything has it's end; the question is it a good end or bad end? In this case we want to do these things and make it a good end."

Regarding the SCORPIONS members' future plans, Schenker said that guitarist Matthias Jabs has a musical instruments store in Munich, while drummer James Kottak has his own band, KOTTAK. Rudolf himself intends to publish his book, "Rock You Live", in the U.S. and plans a collaboration with his brother a Michael Schenker — which may include SCORPIONS singer Klaus Meine on some songs.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:39 pm
Godzilla

June 23 Gilford, NH
Please Michael Schenker and Uli Jon Roth, please join the band to play for the tour.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:32 am
Godzilla

Post Re: The Scorpions are leaving the music scene
The Scorpions were awesome in Gilford, New Hampshire, i would have preferred more 70's Scorps but it was still a good show both visually and musically.
Vince Neil opened and it was standard Crue tunes and a song off his T and T album, he was ok.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:07 am
is the Siren's Eye

The Scorpions... I was going to see them 2 or 3 years ago in Portugal ( when I still lived there ) but didn't 'cuz I was extremely busy... guess it was a bad decision...

anyone heard the cd? is it any good?

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:40 pm
King Of The Monsters

Gui Rocha wrote:
The Scorpions... I was going to see them 2 or 3 years ago in Portugal ( when I still lived there ) but didn't 'cuz I was extremely busy... guess it was a bad decision...

anyone heard the cd? is it any good?

The new CD is outstanding, it blew my mind off.

Amazing classic Scorpions rock n roll.

Image Image

Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:08 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Much better CD than the last one...I still like Unbreakable better.

Going to see the Scorps with Ratt on Aug 4.

Regards,
Ken

Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:52 am
Profile WWW
King Of The Monsters

KenHower wrote:
Much better CD than the last one...I still like Unbreakable better.

Going to see the Scorps with Ratt on Aug 4.

That´s going to be a killer show!

There are some rumors that Scorpions will bring an opening act to Southamerica, but we haven´t got confirmation on who it will be. It would be amazing it is Ratt!

Image Image

Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

I really wanna go see them here in Brazil!

I hope there are still some tickets... they had to add a new date in Sao Paulo!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:04 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next