View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 RIP Ronnie James Dio 
Motorman

I was wondering what the hell was up with that order until I realized it was alphabetical.. :oops:

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:57 pm
Viking Kong

Legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) was diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer and is currently receiving treatment at the Mayo Clinic. His wife/manager Wendy Dio has issued the following update on Ronnie's condition:

"Well, it has been a very exhausting month. After all the never-ending tests in Los Angeles, we flew to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, and as soon as we arrived, we got a call from the MD Anderson Hospital that they had an appointment for us with the doctor we originally wanted, so we then flew to Houston to the clinic, and, of course, MORE tests, but Ronnie finished receiving his first chemo treatment on Wednesday, and all is going very well.

"I would like to thank Tony Martell from the T.J. Martell Foundation, Dr. Stuart Aaronson from Mount Sinai, Lindsay Brown and Mike Carden from Eagle Records, and our very own Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, for all your help in getting us into MD Anderson, and also our friends Geezer and Gloria Butler, who flew to Houston to be with Ronnie while he had his chemo.

"Ronnie and I are totally overwhelmed by the amount of well wishes that we have received from friends and fans — we are reading them all. Some make us laugh, some make us cry, but all of them are so filled with love that it gives us so much support and makes Ronnie even more determined to fight this battle and win.

"Thank you all for the positive energy and prayers."

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:52 pm
is O.H.B.

Wendy Dio Checks in with an Update on Ronnie
Current mood: thankful
After a few hiccups between Christmas and New Year’s, such as a blood clot, a trip to the emergency room, and a three day stay at the hospital, we had a quiet holiday spent with family and close friends. Ronnie and I just returned from Houston, where Ronnie had his third chemo treatment, and all seems to be going well. Ronnie and Simon Wright went to see Avatar, which he thought was amazing! He has also been writing more chapters for his book.

While at M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre on his second trip, he met a DIO fan named Carmen who has been having treatment every other day for a year, and is eagerly awaiting a bone marrow transplant. Ronnie and Carmen have become fast friends. Carmen is a very positive happy person whose existence, like Ronnie’s, depends heavily on music and sports. On the third trip, we also met his mom and sister, whose total support is so important to all cancer patients. They have become part of our family as well.

The support we get from all of our friends and fans is such a blessing to Ronnie and I.
Ronnie, Geezer, Tony and Vinny will be doing some interviews in the upcoming weeks to be included in the new 30th anniversary Heaven and Hell DVD due out sometime this year.

We would like to thank Simon Wright, who has been such a help with everything and a good, good friend, of course our doctor at MD Anderson, Dr. Ajani, and especially our family doctor, Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, without whose quick diagnosis and help with all the nurses and hospitals, we would be lost. His care and compassion is unwavering.

Thanks again to all of Ronnie’s friends and fans, and --- by the way ---- Ronnie has not lost any hair yet!

------ Wendy Dio

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:02 am
King Of The Monsters

Glad to read he´s doing OK, but chemo is a super aggressive treatment.

Praying for his health to restore, and to have RJD back on track rocking as soon as possible!

Image Image

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
is O.H.B.

Legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) was diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer and is currently receiving treatment at the Mayo Clinic. His wife/manager Wendy Dio has issued the following update on Ronnie's condition:

"Since my last update, we have been back and forth to Houston three times for tests and chemo treatments, an emergency run to St. Joseph's for another blood clot, an ultrasound and another cat scan. We met with Dr. Ajani, Ronnie's oncologist, on Monday, and he was very pleased with the treatment so far. Some tumors have gone and some have shrunk. He says we have a long road to travel, but we are on the right path.

"Going back and forth to Houston is getting old, with all the cancelled and delayed flights and some of the rude Continental staff, the same boring food at the hotel (I think we have eaten everything on their horrible menu!), but…when we get a good report from the doctor, it is all worth it.

"The only food Ronnie says he can taste is Indian curry; everything tastes like metal (HEAVY metal?) because of the chemo. We did, however, have a nice breakfast with Carmen [a DIO fan Ronnie met at M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre on his second trip] and his mother on Friday. He is still waiting for his bone marrow transplant.

"I am so sorry if I have upset any of our friends for not returning calls or emails, but please understand that it is so draining for me to go over and over to everyone about Ronnie's progress. This is why I thought that if I wrote an update once a month, everyone can know of Ronnie's progress at the same time.

"The fan club just delivered a huge sack of mail, and we have been reading all the wonderful cards and letters you have all sent.

"Thank you all so much — it keeps our spirits up knowing you all love Ronnie so much and wish him well.

"Ronnie and I have a great support system: Simon, who does so much; Geezer and Gloria (she has been my strength; every day she listens to me, whether I am happy or not); Sheila and Jacqui, friends for 25 years who would go anywhere or do anything for Ronnie or I; Mike Carden, a cancer survivor who is always available to talk to; Rudy, Vinny, Doug, Scott, Big Scott, Lois and Wyn; my colleagues at work — Marchele, Lynne, Carmen, Anthony and Diana; Dr. Mena, Dr. Chu and our wonderful Dr. Kapoor, who is available 24/7 for us and spent his whole Sunday day off with us at the emergency room; and, of course Dr. Ajani, who mixes his magic cocktail of chemo and gives us hope.

"Ronnie takes a walk everyday in the park and keeps busy with his music and watching sports. He was really mad that he missed the Super Bowl because we had to fly back to Houston on that Sunday, as his chemo started at 8:00 a.m. on Monday. He is in real good spirits and will be going to the studio next week to listen to the mix of the HEAVEN & HELL DVD that will be released later this year. He is itching to get back on tour, and with the good reports and all of your prayers and good energy, I think he is going to make it."

According to a posting on the BLACK SABBATH fan site Black-Sabbath.com, fans can send get-well cards to Ronnie James Dio through the official fan club address:

Dio Fan Club
12400 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 624
Studio City, CA

Additionally, if you'd like to send an email to Ronnie, you can do so via [email protected]. After a short time, Black-Sabbath.com webmaster Joe Siegler will print them out and pass them over to Wendy Dio.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:05 am
Site Admin

some of the rude Continental staff

Ok...I fly Continental EVERY WEEK. I've flowned over 300,000 miles in the last 2 years. I have YET, to be treated rudely on a continental flight....I've had cancellations, mechanicals...etc...

I'm not to say there aren't any....but somehow...I have a feeling she tried to throw around the..."don't you know who this is" or "we're trying to get to a hospital for treatment...." and when there is bad weather....THERE ARE CANCELLATIONS...it happens.

I've flown Delta 150,000 miles....and ran into several rude employees and been victim of their RIDICULOUS 10 minute rule.

Regards,
Ken

Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Is it true?? :( :( Did he really pass away already?

Sun May 16, 2010 8:12 am
Viking Kong

Blabbermouth says he is in really bad shape, but not dead.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Sun May 16, 2010 8:21 am
God Of The Sun

Oh man, that sucks :(. Here's hoping he stays strong.

Sun May 16, 2010 11:30 am
Viking Kong

Damn... I was just watching A Golden God awards interview last night, and he seemed pretty beat up...

:cry:

I hope he stays strong too.

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Sun May 16, 2010 1:09 pm
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

After rumors started circulating via the Internet late Saturday that Dio had lost his cancer fight, BLABBERMOUTH.NET reached out to Ronnie's wife/manager Wendy Dio, who sent back the following message at approximately 11:35 p.m. PST on Saturday, May 15 / 2:35 a.m. EST on Sunday, May 16:

"I am at the hospital and Ronnie has NOT passed away!!!! He is not doing good, but he is not dead.

"I will let you know if anything changes.

"Thank you for your concern."

Sun May 16, 2010 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

RIP DIO :(

Sun May 16, 2010 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

Fender HH Tele / RG7321 / Gunslinger -> Pitchblack -> BYOC Wah -> DOD FX25B -> Phase100 -> Xotic EP Booster -> Xotic BB Preamp -> Eventide TimeFactor -> Carvin X100B -> Dr.Z Air Brake -> Orange 2x12

Sun May 16, 2010 7:27 pm
God Of The Sun

Sun May 16, 2010 7:31 pm
Dr. X

Sun May 16, 2010 7:33 pm
Unt! I move topics!

A terrrible loss for metal music. The man was a legend and was still an amazing performer at his age. He will be missed.

Sun May 16, 2010 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Sun May 16, 2010 7:47 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

R.I.P.

Sun May 16, 2010 8:05 pm
God Of The Sun

Sun May 16, 2010 8:11 pm
Viking Kong

Rest in peace Ronnie. The world has lost someone great today.

Sun May 16, 2010 8:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next