View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 PGM100RE? 
is the Siren's Eye

Post PGM100RE?
I've seen this model listed as in stock and available by Musicians Friend. I thought this was a extremely limited run, so are there that many still available that MF is able to have them in stock or Ibanez actually made a lot more than they said would be?

Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:21 pm
Viking Kong

Doing a quick search there are plenty of online dealers with PGM100RE's in stock. Sweetwater, zzounds, sam ash, american muisical, matts music...

I don't recall ever reading it would be extremely limited like the fireman. I have never seen an actual quote from Ibanez stating how many will be made.

I also don't know how well they are selling. If all these stores still have some in stock maybe it isn't flying off the shelves. They also could have made more than we realize.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:56 pm
God Of The Sun

I've seen one at a local store in vienna. To my surprise it felt completely different than my RG550, so it's not just an RG with painted f holes

Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:55 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

I've seen one at a local store in vienna. To my surprise it felt completely different than my RG550, so it's not just an RG with painted f holes

and to my surprise it felt completely different than my original PGM 100, so it's also not a faithful reproduction of the original 100.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

PGA1000 Dude wrote:

and to my surprise it felt completely different than my original PGM 100, so it's also not a faithful reproduction of the original 100.

Would either of you care to elaborate? I've been looking at picking one up and I'd be curious to know what you thought the main differences were.

The only difference on paper between the reissue and the original that I can see is the reissue has a 5 piece neck which most would say is an improvement over the original.

I have an RG so I'd be curious to know how different it feels than an RG as well.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:11 pm
God Of The Sun

EricF wrote:
PGA1000 Dude wrote:

Would either of you care to elaborate? I've been looking at picking one up and I'd be curious to know what you thought the main differences were.

The only difference on paper between the reissue and the original that I can see is the reissue has a 5 piece neck which most would say is an improvement over the original.

I have an RG so I'd be curious to know how different it feels than an RG as well.

hi,

well, a 5 pice neck isn't necessarily an improvement, it's just more complicated to build
but actually in that case it's those slim graphite bars in between the 3 logs of wood, it's a stabillity improvement of course

compared to my RG550 (reissue model from 2 years ago) it had first and foremost a different neck shape. It was more D shaped...

but sound wise or playing wise I can't say much since it wasn't set up like I would set up my guitars and I played it through a Line6 Spider at the store...

but I'm sure it's a great guitar

Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:46 pm
Godzilla

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:06 pm
Godzilla

And it's the wrong model... Come back PGM200!!!

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:44 pm
Promises to use Search button

The only reason it has a slightly different feel from the original PGM 100 models is because the neck is different indeed. On the original PGM100 models the neck didn't run all the way through to the body, there was a cavity underneath frets 20 till 24 I believe. In (quite) some cases this made the fretboard sort of "curl up" over the years. On the new PGM100RE models they have made it so that the neck just runs all the way through till it hits the body. I own one and I can honestly say I just cannot stop playing this thing, I own a 90ies RG 750 and an '88 JEM but this thing just beats the crap out of em both. If anyone is considering buying it I can only advise you to do so. It's an awesome sounding and even better playing beast!!!

Laney GH50L + 4x12" pre-rola cab with Celestion Greenbacks

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:14 am
Motorman

The RE neck profile is 2mm wider at the last fret.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:20 pm
Superhero

The new necks suck. Had 2 guitars with both of them and they are SOLD!!!

Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:40 am
Superhero

saw one in a local store, they wanted like $3000 au :lol:

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"

Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]