View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Spotify *worth you while* 
Superhero

Post Spotify *worth you while*
I have been pointed in the direction of the programme 'spotify'. And it is seriously, seriously good.

https://www.spotify.com/en/#top

It's basically iTunes with every song on ever. Almost. Well, if you don't own an album, this is a pretty damn good place to check it out. I think this is going to be the future of music. And it's free. It has on it, for example, every Satriani and Vai album. There's a heap of live Mr. Big. And just about every album by a mainstream act ever.

I'm pretty stunned.

Check it out.

Last edited by Nitefly on Tue May 19, 2009 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 19, 2009 7:04 pm
Viking Kong

It would appear as though it is not available in my country.

Tue May 19, 2009 7:06 pm
God Of The Sun

to me its like people who dont do drugs then go to amsterdam to experiment! seriously....what the FUCK is different to listening to something for free on youtube?! I have friends who have Cds on spotify...and they see pennies from it.....

if something is morally wrong, just coz theres somewhere you can do it legaly...doesnt make it moraly right all of a sudden, morals are personal

rant off

Tue May 19, 2009 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

what the FUCK is different to listening to something for free on youtube?! I have friends who have Cds on spotify...and they see pennies from it.....

if something is morally wrong, just coz theres somewhere you can do it legaly...doesnt make it moraly right all of a sudden, morals are personal

rant off

Songs on spotify are paid for by advertisments, subscription fees or are permitted by artists / record lables for free listening.

Your rant makes absolutely no sense. Spotify is exactly the same as listening to commercial radio stations with paid advertisments. Youtube is not.

Tue May 19, 2009 8:51 pm
Viking Kong

Also, Hulu is also a streaming video site like youtube (more specialized) , but has paid advertisements because the companies themselves are involved in the uploading of videos. On youtube, you can't really use paid advertisements because the videos are usually not uploaded by the same company/artist that made them.

Well, at least I'm pretty sure it works somewhat similar to what I described.

Wed May 20, 2009 12:27 am
God Of The Sun

MissMisstreater wrote:
what the FUCK is different to listening to something for free on youtube?! I have friends who have Cds on spotify...and they see pennies from it.....

rant off

Songs on spotify are paid for by advertisments, subscription fees or are permitted by artists / record lables for free listening.

Your rant makes absolutely no sense. Spotify is exactly the same as listening to commercial radio stations with paid advertisments. Youtube is not.

then you need to check how youtube works, i know MANY artists that have recieved money from youtube. again, very small, but still money

Wed May 20, 2009 12:29 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

then you need to check how youtube works, i know MANY artists that have recieved money from youtube. again, very small, but still money

Then they have permitted their work to be shown on youtube. Other record lables / copywrite owners do not share the same view.

I fail to see the point of your 'rant'. What exactly are you complaining about?

Wed May 20, 2009 12:37 am
Viking Kong

I use Spotify, although not as much as when I first got it.
There's not enough Paul Gilbert (unless you count Mr. Big). How can you have Children of the Grave and not his solo albums? :P

Wed May 20, 2009 9:53 am
Profile YIM WWW
God Of The Sun

im not complaining, im saying i dont use it, i use the old methods that also rape artists

my point was anyone who was against youtube having peoples music on, but is cool with spotify is a sheep

Wed May 20, 2009 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

They have an awesome selection of jazz.

Wed May 20, 2009 12:46 pm
Viking Kong

Not available in the U.S. I didn't have time to dig deeper, so I just left it at that. :lol:

Wed May 20, 2009 5:29 pm
God Of The Sun

use pandora, i love that...i want it back

Wed May 20, 2009 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Hotspotshield is your friend. Not that I am recommending using proxy servers to avoid international restrictions on websites, of course...

Wed May 20, 2009 8:25 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: it ainĀ“t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)

Sat May 23, 2009 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

+infinity

I loved Pandora it absolutely ruled.

Sat May 23, 2009 7:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]