View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Snakebyte - The original Racer X email. 
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Snakebyte - The original Racer X email.
------------------------------
KING OF CLUBS
My first official solo CD!!! Bruce Bouillet came out to my studio in Las Vegas and put up with my completely insane work schedule, futile attempts at drumming, and incomprehensable studio wiring.
After realizing that my drumming was not really "world-class", I had Jeff Martin and Pat Torpey come out to finish the tracks. I did keep my drum tracks for "I'm Just In Love".
I'm really proud of this record. It's my first serious attempt at lead vocals and pop songwriting, and I thought it came out pretty good. Of course this was a change from my typical metal-influenced style...
Most listeners were very supportive, but there were a few exceptions! My favorite by far was an e-mail from an Australian guy who calls himself "Snakebyte". His letter helped inspire the reunion of Racer X and the song "Snakebite" on the Racer X CD "Technical Difficulties". Here is an excerpt from his letter. Enjoy!

Dude,
What the fuck R U thinking? I can't believe this shit came from the same guy that was responsible for Racer X and played the kick ass solo on Joey Tafolla's "Out of the Sun".
I read where you said "Mike Varney told me to play fast". What is that about? Yeah like you never liked that stuff. The shred guitar world has been totally screwed over by no-talent heroin users and your fucking contributing to it!!
You R capable of a monster neo-classical instrumental album, that's what your real fans want to hear. The ones that have been with you from the start and have suffered every corny blues lick with that shit twangy ass reaming tone. Neo-classical with the distortion tone of Second Heat. Racer X rocks, you're not going to be big in the USA. You're clinging to a dream that's never gonna happen. Your fans are in Japan, the same fans that like Impelliteri, Malmsteen, etc.
Your last effort is appealing to no-one. If you have to get it out of your system fair enough, but for every piece of shit album like this you're morally directed to release a shred album.
I read your column in Guitar Player, while you where in Mr. Big. What was the main topic? Shred. What genre? Neo-Classical.
What like Metal was cool so I'll do that, ooh grunge is big, I'll do that. Fuck!! Have some balls, be true to yourself. Fuck everyone and play what you want. Don't try to tell me it's this shit!! We both know that you love Racer X, you're just obsessed with Popularity and money.
Your a musical prostitute. You suck,
Snakebyte
P.S.(from Paul) I ended up talking to Snakebyte on the phone a few months later, and he was really polite!

-----------------------------

www.defenderofrock.com

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:26 am
Profile WWW
Search Button God!

Hah, I was gonna look for that today :) You need to send another one :twisted:

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:49 am
Viking Kong

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:39 am
Profile YIM
Superhero

Your last effort is appealing to no-one.

... you're just obsessed with Popularity and money.

:?

I think you are mad if you think that Paul was trying to appeal to the masses with 'King of Clubs'. Twee pop songs havn't been in fashion since The Beatles.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:34 pm
Viking Kong

Acid Wire wrote:
Mr. I like to argue about everything :)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sidesplitting

so its not just me then? lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This board is becoming a place to reliave stress!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:07 pm
Profile YIM
Dr. X

Post Re: Snakebyte - The original Racer X email.
snakebyte wrote:
Your a musical prostitute. You suck,
Snakebyte

if i was paul i would pay a highly trained assassin, but on the other hand THANK YOU for changing him :lol:

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:10 pm
God Of The Sun

Wow, a piece of Racer X history :P. Thanks for sharing. Btw, someone needs to send this again :twisted:.

Acid Wire wrote:
Nitefly wrote:
Quote:
Your last effort is appealing to no-one.

... you're just obsessed with Popularity and money.

:?

I think you are mad if you think that Paul was trying to appeal to the masses with 'King of Clubs'. Twee pop songs havn't been in fashion since The Beatles.

I hope you realized this shit happened 8 years ago. No need to argue about it today... Mr. I like to argue about everything :)

:lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:49 pm
Viking Kong

Almost every post in this thread made me laugh :lol:

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:07 pm
God Of The Sun

HAHAHAH priceless :P

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:27 pm
Viking Kong

The best thing is that Paul, aka the greatest person alive, actually replied with a POSITIVE response (I guess reuniting RX is the best response a man could ever have), 'cus this e-mail is indeed filled with swearing and shit throwing, but I agree with everything in there, though I must say that Paul started playing pop because he loved it, not to make cash! :lol: AWESOME THREAD! :lol:

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:48 pm
Godzilla

nkarl480 wrote:

if i was paul i would pay a highly trained assassin, but on the other hand THANK YOU for changing him :lol:

If I was Paul Id have told you to go fuck yourself. Says more about Paul that he didnt. What a nice guy, and a total professional.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:02 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Acid Wire wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sidesplitting

so its not just me then? lol

Dude I hate to admit, but I HAVE noticed that as well. I mean not enough for me to say that out loud, but I agree to an extent :lol:

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:59 pm
Godzilla

I guess to most fans like snakebyte it really did look like paul was selling out, we know that he didn't now, though.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:59 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
The best thing is that Paul, aka the greatest person alive, actually replied with a POSITIVE response (I guess reuniting RX is the best response a man could ever have), 'cus this e-mail is indeed filled with swearing and shit throwing, but I agree with everything in there, though I must say that Paul started playing pop because he loved it, not to make cash! :lol: AWESOME THREAD! :lol:

Yeah that is really awsome!

Haha its like Paul checking his e-mail going trough the subjects:

1. You Rock
2. THANK YOU
3. YOU ARE MY HEROO
4. You SUCK
5. How do you pick so fast?

"Email 4 looks the coolest well lets reform Racer X" :D

Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

SambaBoy wrote:

Yeah that is really awsome!

Haha its like Paul checking his e-mail going trough the subjects:

1. You Rock
2. THANK YOU
3. YOU ARE MY HEROO
4. You SUCK
5. How do you pick so fast?

"Email 4 looks the coolest well lets reform Racer X" :D

LOL. That's probably exactly the type of emails Paul gets.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:52 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Thats why you guys suck at getting answers from Paul :) *pokes you guys with a stick*

Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:20 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

Supernaught wrote:
nkarl480 wrote:

If I was Paul Id have told you to go fuck yourself. Says more about Paul that he didnt. What a nice guy, and a total professional.

If you were paul, then you would be paul. And paul didnt say go fuck yourself, so you wouldnt either. because you would be paul. :P

But i guess deep down paul musto of somewhat agreed with snakebyte, otherwise he wouldnt of reformed RX.

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"

Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am
Viking Kong

ßrono wrote:
otherwise he wouldnt of reformed RX.

Somehow, I don't think that that was the furthest thing from Paul's mind.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:45 am
Viking Kong

It is interesting that Paul (after making a few more Racer X albums and Solo material) that he actually went and made an instrumental CD like Snakebyte told him to.

Although it wasn't all neoclassical, that is probably the smartest move Paul ever made.

I just realized that, and am astonished. If Paul had put out Get Out of My Yard 5-10 years ago, who knows where he'd be now.

Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:56 am
Superhero

Thats why you guys suck at getting answers from Paul :) *pokes you guys with a stick*

Well, I was perfectly polite and he wrote back to me! And 4 months later, he reformed Mr Big!

"That's no good; too much belly."

Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next