View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Racer X Show Recap 
Superhero

The rehearsals won't be opened up to us?
What happened??

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:02 pm
Superhero

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:02 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Wait..

The rehearsals won't be opened up to us?
What happened??

The sound probably was to loud...

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Queen Dork of the board

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Last edited by flying-dino on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:40 pm
God Of The Sun

Did Paul play those Randy Stacks or are they just there for show?

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

He played them. Look at the hotplate on top. 8)

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:10 pm
God Of The Sun

He played them. Look at the hotplate on top. 8)

Why would he need a hotplate when using 4 cabinets live? (just a question) haha =)

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:11 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Using them on the SFBDR dvd too, but if he's got a hotplate i guess the fact that they're full stacks is just for show.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:13 pm
God Of The Sun

Using them on the SFBDR dvd too, but if he's got a hotplate i guess the fact that they're full stacks is just for show.

He actually dont use it on that dvd i mailed him and he said that he used his VM ... he had the RR just for show at that dvd. So im starting to think that something fishy is going on here! :)

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Tigra wrote:

He actually dont use it on that dvd i mailed him and he said that he used his VM ... he had the RR just for show at that dvd. So im starting to think that something fishy is going on here! :)

Ha! What a sneaky man! They do look very pimp though! Maybe they were too metal for teaching the riffs from SFBDR, they had to be saved for Racer X :twisted:

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:21 pm
God Of The Sun

ReXiX wrote:
Tigra wrote:

Ha! What a sneaky man! They do look very pimp though! Maybe they were too metal for teaching the riffs from SFBDR, they had to be saved for Racer X :twisted:

i hope so!

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

oh yeah, and the mars volta was there and Robert Marcello at the side of the stage with the ibanez people.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:20 am
Queen Dork of the board

GaTXMan & Brono - belated thanks for the pics, they are super.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Last edited by flying-dino on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:52 am
Superhero

OK, I have them edited, but now an ethical quandary. I dunno if I should put the tequila pics on the review. I mean I don't want people to think Paul's in to that sort of thing (or grab them and put them in to a sort of Enquirer article)... it would just be... bad.

What, drinking?

Quote:
> What a sneaky man!

I actually have a picture I use to illustrate this... it's Paul peeking in to the corner of the photo, with this mischievous, wide-eyed, smiling look on his face. Sneaky Paul. Now what fun would it be if we knew everything he was going to do or why he did it? A bit of mischief is like spices in the food, it adds so much with just little touches here and there.

Why do I suddenly get the image of you holding Paul prisoner in a dungeon?

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:04 am
Superhero

oh btw i dont know if someone wrote this, but as we were all waiting at the exit for people to come out and sign our stuff, paul opened the door, saw all of us and said 'HOLY CRAP.'", Later he sneaked through the back and I out of all people took a quick glampse and knew it was paul, i quietly tapped EricF on the back and told him i saw paul, lets go! and EricF and I chased after him, he was with Emi and i think his manager? Seems to me like he was in a hurry or really tired. We asked for signatures and i asked can i have one picture please, but he blew us off and said, i'll be here tomorrow at the namm show guys! (Sadly, we didint have namm passes :( ) As we were walking back to the crowd of people waiting at the exit, to my left there was a half stack (marshall) and on top of the amp was a purple tortex pick!(does anybody ahve any idea who uses the purple one? maybe andy timmons or Freddie Nelson?) then jeff bowders walked by us and had a lengthy conversation about the show and M.I we complimented him on how great he was thatt night(Jeff bowders is such an amazing guy, real friendly and great to talk to). after that we went back to the crowd of people waiting at the exit and waited a little bit more. We knew everyone was outside and not backstage so we went out the door and saw Jeff Martin, his family, Juan Alderete(or john), and Ken. EricF was talking to Jeff and Jeff introduced EricF to his family(EricF told me, he wrote a lengthy and heart warming letter to Jeff and Jeff remembered Eric when he saw him at the show) , they all hugged and had a good time(Ken filmed it). That was the end of the night, EricF and I walked out the hotel, said our goodbyes and went our ways. Amazing night, Best night of my life.

Last edited by gatxman on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:08 am
Queen Dork of the board

<--- prisoner in an attic

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:08 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

flying-dino wrote:
OK, I have them edited, but now an ethical quandary. I dunno if I should put the tequila pics on the review. I mean I don't want people to think Paul's in to that sort of thing (or grab them and put them in to a sort of Enquirer article)... it would just be... bad.

What, drinking?

Quote:
> What a sneaky man!

I actually have a picture I use to illustrate this... it's Paul peeking in to the corner of the photo, with this mischievous, wide-eyed, smiling look on his face. Sneaky Paul. Now what fun would it be if we knew everything he was going to do or why he did it? A bit of mischief is like spices in the food, it adds so much with just little touches here and there.

Why do I suddenly get the image of you holding Paul prisoner in a dungeon?

:lol:

Dino I think if you posted the pics along with my story it would make it very clear that it is the first time Paul has ever drank, and maybe emphasize that he was drinking right after some very high up Ibanez ceos and stuff took a drink. Everything that night was in his honor.. even the tequila!

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:10 am
Profile WWW
Queen Dork of the board

That is how I intended to post it. Your story rocks. Perfectly told!
I do understand about it, too.

The problem is that I have seen some people stirring up shit on YT & elsewhere, trying to make Paul out to be some sort of alcoholic / substance abuser, and my site gets some pretty heavy traffic sometimes. It is possible to be damaging unintentionally on the internet. I just don't want people maliciously taking it out of context.

Personally I don't smoke, drink at all, or do any drugs (other then allergy meds and advil!), I've never been drunk or high at all, so I look at it like this: if someone got a hold of a picture of me with a beer in my hand and put it up like "look at that lush Jenn!" I would feel really hurt. And I don't want to spread that kind of hurt, you know?

This is just one of those "Jenn, you worry too much, chill out, put up the goddamn pictures and enjoy life" moments, most likely. hehe.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:18 am
Superhero

oh btw i dont know if someone wrote this, but as we were all waiting at the exit for people to come out and sign our stuff, paul opened the door, saw all of us and said 'HOLY CRAP.'", Later he sneaked through the back and I out of all people took a quick glampse and knew it was paul, i quietly tapped EricF on the back and told him i saw paul, lets go! and EricF and I chased after him, he was with Emi and i think his manager? Seems to me like he was in a hurry or really tired. We asked for signatures and i asked can i have one picture please, but he blew us off and said, i'll be here tomorrow at the namm show guys! (Sadly, we didint have namm passes :( ) As we were walking back to the crowd of people waiting at the exit, to my left there was a half stack (marshall) and on top of the amp was a purple tortex pick!(does anybody ahve any idea who uses the purple one? maybe andy timmons or Freddie Nelson?) then jeff bowders walked by us and had a lengthy conversation about the show and M.I we complimented him on how great he was thatt night(Jeff bowders is such an amazing guy, real friendly and great to talk to). after that we went back to the crowd of people waiting at the exit and waited a little bit more. We knew everyone was outside and not backstage so we went out the door and saw Jeff Martin, his family, Juan Alderete(or john), and Ken. EricF was talking to Jeff and Jeff introduced EricF to his family(EricF told me, he wrote a lengthy and heart warming letter to Jeff and Jeff remembered Eric when he saw him at the show) , they all hugged and had a good time(Ken filmed it). That was the end of the night, EricF and I walked out the hotel, said our goodbyes and went our ways. Amazing night, Best night of my life.

5 minute BUMP! lol

and jenn can you give me the link to your blogsite, i would like to read =)

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:21 am
God Of The Sun

Well I'm pretty sure if he didn't mind it being out there, he wouldn't have done it on stage in front of cameras and video cameras. It was an in the moment kind of thing, for laughs, show, etc.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next