View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Attention: racer x show info 
Superhero

i think that was some SERIOUS management fuckup

an im kinda angry that noone could have organised this better

the 1st this i said when i heard about this was "how do us, the loyal fans get to see"

It wasn't for loyal fans, it was an Ibanez promotion. If it was for you, they would have organised it at your house.

Still, I appreciate how frustrating it must be, although the extent to which fans are seemingly prepared to go to see Racer X perform is verging on insanity. Flying to the US to see a band, now that is commitment.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:36 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

[Still, I appreciate how frustrating it must be, although the extent to which fans are seemingly prepared to go to see Racer X perform is verging on insanity. Flying to the US to see a band, now that is commitment.

Dude. You don't seem to understand how BAD the long time members of this board want this. I'm not saying your opinion is not as valid as our opinion, I know you all want this too, but NOT AS BAD AS WE DO. We've been drooling over this and have been CONTINUOUSLY saddened by the fact that Paul has been just HINTING for YEARS. Most of us, including me, have already lost hope for a reunion. It is really hard for a lot of the board members, those that wanted to go, because they were shut down with the thought that even if they would go, they can't get in anyway.

It's been a said fact that if ever a reunion WOULD happen, we would do EVERYTHING just so we could see them. Yes, everyone kept saying that they would sell all their shit and get plane tickets and sleep in sidewalks just to see Racer X. And we are all serious. I would never do this for Paul Gilbert. I would do this for RACER X.

I wasn't kidding when I said I was depressed over this. I really am. I can't say I've waited for this my whole life, but I CAN say that if this is the LAST reunion show they're gonna have.............. :cry:

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:50 pm
Viking Kong

I wasn't kidding when I said I was depressed over this. I really am. I can't say I've waited for this my whole life, but I CAN say that if this is the LAST reunion show they're gonna have.............. :cry:

It won't be man!

It cannot be

:evil:

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Last edited by Sir Robin on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:42 pm
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

there's just no way that it can be the last one

Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:03 pm
King Of The Monsters

Im fucking glad the band did a kick ass show, and just hope they can do some more...but ones that we can fly to!! :twisted:

Image Image

Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

MissMisstreater wrote:
i think that was some SERIOUS management fuckup

an im kinda angry that noone could have organised this better

the 1st this i said when i heard about this was "how do us, the loyal fans get to see"

It wasn't for loyal fans, it was an Ibanez promotion. If it was for you, they would have organised it at your house.

Still, I appreciate how frustrating it must be, although the extent to which fans are seemingly prepared to go to see Racer X perform is verging on insanity. Flying to the US to see a band, now that is commitment.

my friends brother flew from russia to see it.

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"

Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:37 pm
Superhero

Again, I find that incredible. Clearly, I do not want 'this' as badly as others do, as suggested by Pao.

However, that is not to say that I do not share the same passion for music as those who would make such a journey. Rather, it shows I could not rationalise spending such time and money on that event. Horses for courses.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:08 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Im fucking glad the band did a kick ass show, and just hope they can do some more...but ones that we can fly to!! :twisted:

Me too. It was such an incredible show.. I hope Paul realized again just HOW fun and how great it is playing in Racer X. I have all fingers and toes crossed for another album.

You can't just be FUCKING AWESOME AS FUCK then abandon the band.. come on.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
is evil...Evil Joe

Nitefly wrote:
[Still, I appreciate how frustrating it must be, although the extent to which fans are seemingly prepared to go to see Racer X perform is verging on insanity. Flying to the US to see a band, now that is commitment.

Dude. You don't seem to understand how BAD the long time members of this board want this. I'm not saying your opinion is not as valid as our opinion, I know you all want this too, but NOT AS BAD AS WE DO. We've been drooling over this and have been CONTINUOUSLY saddened by the fact that Paul has been just HINTING for YEARS. Most of us, including me, have already lost hope for a reunion. It is really hard for a lot of the board members, those that wanted to go, because they were shut down with the thought that even if they would go, they can't get in anyway.

It's been a said fact that if ever a reunion WOULD happen, we would do EVERYTHING just so we could see them. Yes, everyone kept saying that they would sell all their shit and get plane tickets and sleep in sidewalks just to see Racer X. And we are all serious. I would never do this for Paul Gilbert. I would do this for RACER X.

oh..it would have been so cool!!! imagine.. lots of racer x fans.. sleeping in the sidewalk!!! all smart people

how sad i ammmmmmmmm :'( fuck fuck fuck... i'm about to cry like a baby

http://www.fotolog.com/alanvsgodzilla

Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:43 pm
Viking Kong

I side with whoever could've taken a plane to be at the show, had the info been given on time. I feel pissed off for them although I couldn't have come anyway personally...

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:42 am
Golden God

I would have gone in a second...if I knew I could have gotten in. :( :( :(

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:03 am
Profile WWW
Search Button God!

Wait, you weren't there? How come? :shock:

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:09 am
Viking Kong

stringskipper wrote:

Sean is from Michigan

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:11 am
Profile YIM
King Of The Monsters

Lamer wrote:
stringskipper wrote:

Sean is from Michigan

If the golden god wasn't there, i do not feel so bad. If he didn´t knew he could sneak into the show, how could I :roll:

Image Image

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:20 am
Profile WWW
Search Button God!

Lamer wrote:
stringskipper wrote:

Sean is from Michigan

I know but I thought he'll be there anyway.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:21 am
God Of The Sun

Nitefly wrote:

I second EVERY SINGLE WORD of your post.

Anyways, i'm glad to know everyone from this forum that went had a great time :D.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:39 am
Golden God

I've been working so hard on my new cd that I put off my request for NAMM tickets, until too late. I asked a member or two of Racer X if they could get me in, and nobody knew for sure. So, I did'nt get a plane ticket because I did'nt think I would make it in. FUCK!!!!!!

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Flying to the US to see a band, now that is commitment.

The commitment was Hiroko. She flew from Tokyo, alone. Could barely speak english. She went the NAMM, found someone to get her a NAMM pass, found me and I pointed out her trip to Jeff....who put her on the guest list.

Now that's commitment, perseverance and luck.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:46 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I hope Paul realized again just HOW fun and how great it is playing in Racer X.

Paul's solo set was great...Freddie was great...the songs were good....but it was WAY LOUDER for Racer X.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:48 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

ßrono wrote:

Again, I find that incredible. Clearly, I do not want 'this' as badly as others do, as suggested by Pao.

However, that is not to say that I do not share the same passion for music as those who would make such a journey. Rather, it shows I could not rationalise spending such time and money on that event. Horses for courses.
Nitefly, please don't take this the wrong way, but are you a fan of Racer-X music?

It's a genuine question.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next