View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Petition to Paul with regards to the Orange PGM 
Superhero

Post Petition to Paul with regards to the Orange PGM
First of all I'd like to emphasize that i got this idea from Jenn so if she wants to e-mail Paul, I'd love her to do so.

Here is the idea

we all collectively write messages to Paul via this thread which will be sent as a petition to Paul. (Via E-mail, or even better maybe Kenn can direct Paul here?)

State your name

Your Reason for wanting the orange PGM to be a production model

Here is my template of an e-mail I/Jenn could e-mail Paul, please feel free to criticize the choice of vocabulary.

Hi Paul!

This message can be seen as a petition from your biggest fans over on the Racer X boards with regards to the 'Orange PGM'

We have been informed from Rich over at Ibanez rules that there will be a poll for the release of a PGM later this year.

As I'm sure you know we all have a soft spot for the Orange PGM and would all love to see it as a production model. I present to you a petition from us presenting you with our justifications on why we'd love you to put forward to Ibanez the Orange PGM amongst the others up for the public vote.

Here are a list of messages from us all with our names attached!

Anthony Sharp

if people agree with this idea i will post my message, if not It's pointless me doing so.

PGM301
Laney GH100L > Orange 2x12

Last edited by sharpant on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:12 pm
Viking Kong

I will edit this post tomorrow morning, beccause I know that I write the stupidest bull at night. :)

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:16 pm
Queen Dork of the board

That's unsettling. In a good sort of way.
Not the petition. The e-mailing.
But if you want me to I will. I did volunteer.
I know nothing.
I do know I would welcome the chance to e-mail Paul, so long as I had a REALLY important, and completely musical, reason.
This is a very important, peer-reviewed, and musical, reason.
Additionally it offers money. To both Ibanez and Paul in the form of guitar sales.

Those signing the petition should be able to put their money where their mouth is. Be ready to buy an Orange PGM and not be all talk. That is my parting advice.

EDIT: If I am going to e-mail this to Paul, and for whatever reason you do not want your name or your reasons for buying an Orange PGM to be public, just PM me your message for Paul. I know I would not put my "personal e-mail message to ____ " on a message board.

(editing a typo)

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Last edited by flying-dino on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:19 pm
Superhero

I for one can guarantee i WILL buy the orange PGM no questions asked as I'm sure a lot of board members would.

Jenn If you'd like me to delete this thread so you can start a new one i will do so.

PGM301

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:21 pm
Search Button God!

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:22 pm
Queen Dork of the board

Why would I start a thread about this? You've written the form letter. It is up to the buyers to customize it. All I am is the messenger (and organizer) here, and I don't mind that.

One thing we're missing: a timeline and a deadline.

Timeline: today is idea conception. Idea flesh-out and brainstorming until the end of NAMM (Jan. 19) and then formal signing between Jan. 19 and Feb. 6.

Deadline: February 8.

I would e-mail the file: either really late Feb. 8 or early Feb. 9.

Sound good?

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Last edited by flying-dino on Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:35 pm
Dr. X

its hard to make a 100% promise to buy something if you dont know the price...if its 401 price okay, but if its fireman price, forget it.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:36 pm
Godzilla

I'll buy immediately if its less than $2,000 (US). If its more I'll have to save for a bit. But there is a 99% chance I buy one.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:38 pm
Superhero

Yea Jenn, that sounds good, the reason i asked if you wanted to start the thread was in case you thought

'Jesus, who's this guy think he is?' :P

PGM301

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:39 pm
Queen Dork of the board

The price will likely be equal to or greater then the 401.
These are not entry-level $$$ guitars, guys.

This is also not a stock paint job, you are talking about having to make new stencils for the borders around the f-holes, a transparent orange dye, getting a UV protectant clearcoat, making sure the top is figured maple which is expensive, making sure the hardware is a certain color, etc.

Based on my very small knowledge of all of this street pricing stuff I would guess it to list about $500-800 higher then the 401 and street-sell for $350-550 more then the 401.

If you can deal with an opaque orange body (which means Ibanez can make it 2-pc or 3-pc basswood with no figured maple, and save you money) you will be looking at more of a 401, to under a 401, in price. Tone won't be as bright without the maple but if this is strictly a price issue, then consider that.

All of the above is OPINION and could be wrong. It is also me being a realist about this. I saw how many people complained about the 401's price and how many people flat-out insulted Ibanez over the Fireman's price.

Are we all cool with the timeline/deadline?

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:48 pm
Godzilla

The orange PGM can be retailed for the same money as the 401 because it will have a longer shelf life than the 100RE or the Fireman.

The orange PGM is the best looking guitar since the 10th, and will appeal to a wider array of buyers. Considering there are hundreds of customers who will see the guitar in stores and on the web who have never even been to this site.

I realize that there are die hard fans who love the '80's colors, but the orange PGM has the best chance at mass market success.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:04 am
Viking Kong

It wouldn't be too hard for them to make an orange RG. They already make some RG's with flamed maple tops so they don't need to design anything new. They just need to add binding, the PGM control layout, and a new finish.

I would love to get an Orange RG, but there s no way I would commit to buy one right now. The way the economy is there is no guarantee I will have the funds available to spend when the guitar got released.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:15 am
Superhero

Before we go into this blind and regret it..

What the hell other models do we have up for grabs here?!?
A reissue of the 700? Lol.
400? No.. 500?

I really don't know.
pgm800? Now THAT'S a guitar.

I do agree that the orange pgm is my top choice..
What pickups? Do we know?
3 way or 5 way?

What other guitars can we consider?
Should we add something in the email about the pricerange?

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:53 am
Viking Kong

Should we add something in the email about the pricerange?

I don't think its worth the effort to add anything about price. Paul probably doesn't have much say when it comes to pricing. Its probably all up to Ibanez.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:58 am
Viking Kong

Just because he did all that touring and VIP and more sucess?

You don't compliment an artist for a period of his career, you compliment HIS CAREER

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:40 am
Profile YIM
Dr. X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8zE-hEkILs

anyone got the specs on it?

Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 am
Profile WWW
Queen Dork of the board

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Last edited by flying-dino on Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:38 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Post Re: Petition to Paul with regards to the Orange PGM
I agree with Sir Robin completely. The reason Robin said that is because this email will be mailed on behalf of the entire board... and not to mention this...

sharpant wrote:
Here is my template of an e-mail I/Jenn could e-mail Paul, please feel free to criticize the choice of vocabulary.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

Edit- i read that wrong, the point robin is making is that he doesn't like the way I've worded it and Eric agrees which is a good thing!

Seeing as the petition is on behalf of the whole board it has to look good!

With criticisms come suggestions though

so make them :)

PGM301

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:41 pm
Superhero

Cut the 'slimey' first paragraph and I'm in.

But then, I won't be buying it, so I don't really think my opinion counts enough for me to justify 'signing' anything.

Last edited by Nitefly on Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next