View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 PGM 30 
Dr. X

hey guys, i bought my 300 from ishibashi a while ago. i don't have the records/receipts in front of me, but i remember it costing from $1200 - $1300 with shipping, guitar, and simply awesome case.

Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:47 pm
Viking Kong

yup, the price(with shipping) is something like $1, 212.16. I'm almost positive. and hey gandolf, did the price of the guitar include the case, or did u buy that seperate...and how the hell do u like it?

Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:25 am
God Of The Sun

I wish I had the money to get a PGM300. :?

Sat Dec 07, 2002 2:38 am
Profile YIM
God Of The Sun

lately ive been having a hankerin for oneudda dose blue with pink f-holed pgm 300s but i just cant justify buying a 6 string anymore

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Sat Dec 07, 2002 2:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dr. X

Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:19 am
Site Admin

DO NOT do it man im serious. I would like to think i know quite a bit about ibanez guitars and the pgm 30 is not one of the good pgm models. it comes with the trs tremolo which is a piece of jusnk. Instead you should ask your parents for the rg 550 or 570. those 2 are10 times the guitar the pogm 30 is, plus, you get the ibanez edge trem, which is about the best tremolo you can put on a guitar. If you ask for a used ibanez rg550 570 you can get em for about 250-400 dollars off of ebay or something but last time i checked they run about 700 new. so go with one of the 2 rgs i mentioned and youll be way happier. any questions, post em

The PGM30's that Paul gave Ken and I totally rock. It's been great, because I've not played a guitar with a trem or even a flat wide neck in a long time, and it's getting me back to playing the fun shit!

The trem on it is ultra stable, and it's a joy to play.

-Chad

Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:37 am
Site Admin

I have two PGM30's and here's my evaluation..

1. Even though the Lo TRSII bridge suffers in comparison to the Lo Pro Edge, it's still a decent trem. It IS stable and I have had not one problem with either of mine. my guitars stay in tune as well as others I own with hardtail bridges and original Floyds..

2. The stock pickups, while not being great, are very workable. I have replaced the pickups in one of my PGM30's with a Tone Zone and a Humbucker from Hell for more diversity.. Besides, most guitarists replace their pickups anway.

3. Though the neck isn't quite as thin as that on a 570, It's still very fast. In fact, as far as thinness goes, of all the guitars I've played, the PGM30 is second only to my PGM800.. Ibanez necks are all really good..

4. The PGM30 is a great value. I personally think they are very good guitars for the price.

Exactly. Well said.

-Chad

Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:38 am
Site Admin

ok, now i have a prob...i can now get either the white and black pgm 300, or the blue and pink pgm 30, im leaning towards the 300 though, cause, well, it's a 300. it's just if the 300 had a b/p opion, which they dont. but, im gonna say go with the 300, right? please tell me im right......

The pink and blue one is going to kinda limit you and pidgeon hole you into an 80's player....unless you're Doug Stapp and rule the world...then you can do it. I think PG and Doug-o are the only guys I know who can pull it off.

-Chad

Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:40 am
Site Admin

Damn...I love the Talman's more than the PGM regular models. They just ROCK. Paul had a bunch laying around the house and they're sweet.

-Chad

Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:42 am
Godzilla

Damn...I love the Talman's more than the PGM regular models. They just ROCK. Paul had a bunch laying around the house and they're sweet.

-Chad

Chad,

How does the PGM900(talman) feel and sound in comparison to the PGM800? I haven't yet played one but I'm thinking of buying the one on ebay..

Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:51 pm
Viking Kong

The pink and blue one is going to kinda limit you and pidgeon hole you into an 80's player....
-Chad

I disagree.... I play my pink Jem more than any other guitar I own and I never get that... And you can't get more "80's" than a PINK Ibanez...X

:twisted:

Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2