View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Racer X Namm Set List Wishlist 
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

I am not surprised to not see any songs from Getting Heavier. I like Lucifer's Hammer a lot. It's a good song.

Golden God is pretty cool, and Siren's Eye is trippy. Endless and Bucket of Rocks kick pretty hard too.

Just showin some love for the least loved album :wink: .

I love every song on GH. Endless is such a beautiful song IMO, a real trip, the first song Paul and Jeff wrote together and one of the last songs they recorded. I think I would go as far to say it really sums up life, or how I feel about my life at least. For me Endless is the deepest song I've ever heard from Racer X. And I have heard every Racer X song. I don't skip a single track when listening to GH, I actually dig it more than Street Lethal.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:10 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I am not surprised to not see any songs from Getting Heavier. I like Lucifer's Hammer a lot. It's a good song.

Golden God is pretty cool, and Siren's Eye is trippy. Endless and Bucket of Rocks kick pretty hard too.

Jeff is dying to do Dr. X live.....he loves it.

As for songs on that album. Bucket Of Rocks and Empty Man have the most meaning...since I know what they're about. Bucket Of Rocks, is how Jeff views his career. And Empty Man, is how he feels when he experiences depression....many songs touch on that....Snakebite being another.

Siren's Eye....Jeff's daughter Madison came up with the title.

Go GG Go is a license plate on a Mercedes Benz that Jeff saw up in Tahoe. He's never seen it since.

Golden God...obviously about Elvis, but the title came from StringSkipper.

Endless...Jeff talking about being on the road.

Dr. X is a movie.

Lucifer's Hammer is a motorcycle from the 20's or 30's...I forget.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:31 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Refried Bean wrote:

Jeff is dying to do Dr. X live.....he loves it.

As for songs on that album. Bucket Of Rocks and Empty Man have the most meaning...since I know what they're about. Bucket Of Rocks, is how Jeff views his career. And Empty Man, is how he feels when he experiences depression....many songs touch on that....Snakebite being another.

Siren's Eye....Jeff's daughter Madison came up with the title.

Go GG Go is a license plate on a Mercedes Benz that Jeff saw up in Tahoe. He's never seen it since.

Golden God...obviously about Elvis, but the title came from StringSkipper.

Endless...Jeff talking about being on the road.

Dr. X is a movie.

Lucifer's Hammer is a motorcycle from the 20's or 30's...I forget.

Wow. Very cool facts Ken. Thanks!

I forgot to add Dr. X too! I loved that song when I heard it. It was the first Racer X song I tried to learn by ear for guitar!

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:18 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

OOohhhh noooo ooohhhh noooo scaarrriiinnggg the shiiitt out of meeeeee :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:51 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Thanks Ken, I love hearing the facts from you.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

I don't really like ghost dance or endless. I like it better when Racer X rocks my socks off.

I truly wish Golden God makes it to the set list too, it's one of my favorite RX songs.

GH is truly an awesome album, I'm really surprised someone could hate it completely, even for those who felt "let down" by the album when they expected something like Superheroes, they can't totally hate it, there's gotta be something they like in GH. I mean it's got some really great tunes, just because they don't resemble what Racer X usually sounds like doesn't mean they're bad. Those who hated it probably did because of their disapointment. You guys should give GH another shot. Personally, when I listened to GH I was expecting something different, since I've read so many threads about it... and since I listened to the album from that perspective, it worked for me, I love that album.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:30 am
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
i agreed that the GH album ROCKS. Empty Man is an incredible song as part of many many... but against their older stuff? i would rather hear Rock It :)

Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Refried Bean wrote:

I love every song on GH.

Same here, it was my first Racer X record, and at first I didn't like it too much just because I compared it to the tracks I'd heard from Superheroes. It grew on me though, and to this day, I really love it.

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:54 pm
Superhero

Personally I would love to see a good balance of some of the crazier old skool tunes (Motorman, Gone Too Far, Sacrifice seems to be getting a lot of votes too) and some ball crushing riffs from the later records, really BIG sounding songs like Time Before The Sun and God Of The Sun.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:09 pm
God Of The Sun

EricF wrote:
Refried Bean wrote:

I love every song on GH.

Same here, it was my first Racer X record, and at first I didn't like it too much just because I compared it to the tracks I'd heard from Superheroes. It grew on me though, and to this day, I really love it.

Same here too. And it was also my first Racer X record. I honestly wish they'd play it in its entirety live (someday, in a not too far future) because i think there isn't any song on the album that you can say that it sucks. For me, i'd say GH is a very consistent album.

And tracks like Lucifer's Hammer, Catapult to Extinction, Golden God, Dr. X, Bucket of Rocks KICK ASS! Oh and there's Empty Man with its fantastic intro riff, one of the best riffs of any RX song, imo.

...man, i want to see Racer X live :(.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:55 pm
Viking Kong

I'd like some Getting Heavier on the new show. They haven't done a show with those songs. :)

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:18 pm
Viking Kong

Well, Paul mention on his website to this show as a one-time concert.
C`mon guys! We cannot let this happen! :evil: :evil: :evil:

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:28 pm
Profile YIM
Godzilla

yeah Lucifer´s Hammer would be amazing. GH is a great record if you listen to it as a heavy metal album INSTEAD of giving it the RX tag. It´s not a bad album but when you think it as a RX album, it´s a bit of a let down. If you listen to it as a heavy metal album by four dudes, it kicks major butt.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

They actually have, but only in Japan.

When??

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:38 pm
Dr. X

Of course, I am very excited about this :D

To choose a setlist though is going to be tricky....obviously my setlist would be very different if Bruce were playing......

Since he is not.....

Street Lethal
Dangerous Love
Into The Night
YRO
Loud and Clear
17th Moon
Superheroes
Technical Difficulties
Dead Man's Shoes
Lucifers Hammer

If they happen to "surprise us" with Bruce...

Second Heat -- all of it!
:twisted:

Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:46 pm
Viking Kong

Sir Robin wrote:
They actually have, but only in Japan.

When??

I belive those pics that are on the website from Japan concerts( still wearing superheroes clothes, but PG has short hair) are from a tour they did to promoote GH.

If not, my bad! :lol:

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:54 pm
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

There aren't a lot of Racer X songs that I dislike. If I had a say, I'd like for there to be a 3:2:1 ratio of songs played from the 1980s, early 2000, and the Getting Heavier album. In other words, for every three songs on the set from the '80s, there are two from Technical Difficulties and Superheroes, and one from Getting Heavier. That is spelling it out mathematically. :lol: I'm not picky, though. I would like to hear the band play "Set the World on Fire," though. That's one of my favorites--such a bad-ass chorus.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:15 pm
Viking Kong

Set the world on fire is one of my favorite tunes too... but I prefer She wants control.. that's a badass tune.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:36 am
Viking Kong

Set the world on fire is one of my favorite tunes too... but I prefer She wants control.. that's a badass tune.

I like them both but I'm with Acid. She Wants Control is awesome.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:17 am
Dr. X

Heart of a lion
living the hard way
OHB
Technical difficulties
Golden God
Street lethal
Superheroes
Bolt in my heart
king of the monsters
Godzilla
Time before the sun
Evil joe
Fire of rock
Let the spirit fly

Last edited by mattanna on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next