View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Paul playing guitar backstage 
Godzilla

Post Paul playing guitar backstage
I found this video of Paul playing backstage at a Racer X show, pretty cool stuff!

Notice that he's just sweeping :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fBbO8Hcc6aE

Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:28 pm
Search Button God!

Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:04 pm
God Of The Sun

http://youtube.com/user/MisterDHM

:shock:

Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Tab Master

That's from the beginning of the Roxy DVD I think.

I have all the videos that that guy has too. :D

Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:45 pm
God Of The Sun

Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:11 pm
Viking Kong

That looks like the backstage dressing room at the Troubador. It was more like a closet than a dressing room.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:02 am
Viking Kong

It seems that while John was having some fun with the groupies, PG was scared of Motorman!

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:42 am
Profile YIM
Viking Kong

That looks like the backstage dressing room at the Troubador. It was more like a closet than a dressing room.

:D :D LoQ: "In that room, I drank 40 litres of Bourbon, had sex with more than 200 amazingly hot groupies and NEVER got high! That room... WAS AMAZING"

:lol: Just kidding! I guess your band played at the Troubador though? :) :D

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:35 am
Search Button God!

LoQ wrote:

:D :D LoQ: "In that room, I drank 40 litres of Bourbon, had sex with more than 200 amazingly hot groupies and NEVER got high! That room... WAS AMAZING"

Yeah LoQ is like Yoda of 80's hair metal. He's done it all. "Aquanet, use, you must"... :D

Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:59 am
Viking Kong

No that was backstage at the Roxy. The Troub was way too cramped for that (I could fit only 10 groupies there). LOL!!! :P :lol:

SambaBoy wrote:

Yeah I've played at most of those places, but it has been a while, so I could be wrong about that being where Paul was at in that vid. But that was how I remembered the dressing room at the Troubador; tiny, barren, plain wood walls, no frills, etc.

The Roxy (if I remember correctly) had two or three nice sized dressing rooms with closets, mirrors, carpeted floors, etc.

I've never played at the Country Club so it could be there. But that place was fucking huge so I have a hard time imagining the dressing rooms to be like that

Lamer wrote:
Yeah LoQ is like Yoda of 80's hair metal. He's done it all. "Aquanet, use, you must"... :D

Extra Super Hold...baby!!! Image :P

Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:01 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
LoQ wrote:

He and Nikki Sixx ;D

Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

That my friends is in fact the dressing room at The Country Club... It does resemble the Troubador dressing room but believe it or not the Troubador dressing room was even smaller than the CC dressing rooms...

The Roxy and The Whisky BY FAR had the best dressing rooms back in the day... JUST DON'T EVER THINK OF SETTING FOOT IN THE SHOWERS... Ugh the things that used to go on in there... :shock:

Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:05 am
God Of The Sun

I still have flashbacks of the dressing room/area at Gazzarri's. There was this seperate room attached to the main area. Plus, it also had the shower of doom that my other guitar used once. I felt sorry for him. It just seemed wrong.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

I still have flashbacks of the dressing room/area at Gazzarri's. There was this seperate room attached to the main area. Plus, it also had the shower of doom that my other guitar used once. I felt sorry for him. It just seemed wrong.

Yeah Gazarris (now The Key Club for you young 'uns) just had this narrow corridor upstairs that they called a dressing room for everyone except the headliners, if you were the headliner you got the 5'x5' room at the end of the corridor for your dressing room... :roll:

Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:41 pm
God Of The Sun

Go49rs110 wrote:

Yeah Gazarris (now The Key Club for you young 'uns) just had this narrow corridor upstairs that they called a dressing room for everyone except the headliners, if you were the headliner you got the 5'x5' room at the end of the corridor for your dressing room... :roll:

Mötley Crue´s hair dont even fit in that room...

Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

That my friends is in fact the dressing room at The Country Club... :

You're kidding….that was the dressing room of the Country Club?!?!? :shock: Holy shit, how can a place that was so large have such a small dressing room? Well like I said that was one of the few places I didn’t play at. :wink:

Xelatunes wrote:
It does resemble the Troubador dressing room but believe it or not the Troubador dressing room was even smaller than the CC dressing rooms...

I remember the first time we played at the Troub. After our soundcheck we went to go put some of our stuff in the dressing room and were shocked to find that the dressing room was literally a closet! Needless to say we decided it was probably best to just get ready at our place first instead of the five of us plus our crew, friends, and girlfriends all trying to fit in that tiny room! :lol:

Xelatunes wrote:
The Roxy and The Whisky BY FAR had the best dressing rooms back in the day... JUST DON'T EVER THINK OF SETTING FOOT IN THE SHOWERS... Ugh the things that used to go on in there... :shock:

The Whisky is where I played at the most (Gazzarri’s probably being a close 2nd). Nice and spacious dressing rooms. Oh the fun we had back there. :twisted:

Go49rs110 wrote:

Oh yeah Gazzarri’s. We were so poor that we couldn’t afford buying drinks there, so we would sneak booze in during our soundcheck (by hiding it in our drummers drum cases) and stash it up above the ceiling tiles so we would have it for later.LOL!!

Gazzarri’s used to have these wooden squares on the walls backstage for people to write graffiti on (in the hope that people would write on those squares instead of the walls). Well one time we were doing a show there and I had invited this girl that I really liked, unfortunately another girl who I had just slept with a few nights earlier had decided to show up and found out about the girl I had invited and proceeded to tell her a whole bunch of bullshit about me in the hopes of cock blocking me. Well that started all sorts of drama which really pissed me off. So out of anger I ripped one of those wood squares out of the wall, threw it on the floor and broke it into several pieces. Then as I started pacing around the backstage like a crazed madman trying to calm myself down, I failed to notice that there was a nail protruding from one of the pieces of the wooden square that I smashed on the floor and I stepped right on it. Once I did that, I flew into a rage and started ripping more of those squares out of the wall and threw them around in a mad frenzy like a complete asshole. The guys in my band were trying to calm me down before security would take notice……but it was too late! Security came in, fucking pinned me against the wall and yelled “That’s it, you’re outta here!!!” and started to drag me out of the backstage towards the main entrance/exit of the club. Now I’m screaming “Hey, I’m in the band, we’re going on in like 40 minutes!” They then threw me outside on the sidewalk and said to me “You can come back in when it’s time for you to go onstage, but you’re not allowed back in until then!” So now I’m just sitting there in front on the club in the cold, like the complete dumbass that I was while everyone I know is walking into the club asking me “Hey what are you doing out here, aren’t you supposed to be going on soon?” I’m like “They threw me out”. I had to repeat that over and over again to almost every person who was walking into the club. I eventually just shortened my explanation to “I’m a dumbass!” :oops: Which I was. LOL!!! :wink:

Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:18 pm
Motorman

Xelatunes wrote:
That my friends is in fact the dressing room at The Country Club... :

You're kidding….that was the dressing room of the Country Club?!?!? :shock: Holy shit, how can a place that was so large have such a small dressing room? Well like I said that was one of the few places I didn’t play at. :wink:

Xelatunes wrote:
It does resemble the Troubador dressing room but believe it or not the Troubador dressing room was even smaller than the CC dressing rooms...

I remember the first time we played at the Troub. After our soundcheck we went to go put some of our stuff in the dressing room and were shocked to find that the dressing room was literally a closet! Needless to say we decided it was probably best to just get ready at our place first instead of the five of us plus our crew, friends, and girlfriends all trying to fit in that tiny room! :lol:

Xelatunes wrote:

The Whisky is where I played at the most (Gazzarri’s probably being a close 2nd). Nice and spacious dressing rooms. Oh the fun we had back there. :twisted:

Go49rs110 wrote:

Oh yeah Gazzarri’s. We were so poor that we couldn’t afford buying drinks there, so we would sneak booze in during our soundcheck (by hiding it in our drummers drum cases) and stash it up above the ceiling tiles so we would have it for later.LOL!!

Gazzarri’s used to have these wooden squares on the walls backstage for people to write graffiti on (in the hope that people would write on those squares instead of the walls). Well one time we were doing a show there and I had invited this girl that I really liked, unfortunately another girl who I had just slept with a few nights earlier had decided to show up and found out about the girl I had invited and proceeded to tell her a whole bunch of bullshit about me in the hopes of cock blocking me. Well that started all sorts of drama which really pissed me off. So out of anger I ripped one of those wood squares out of the wall, threw it on the floor and broke it into several pieces. Then as I started pacing around the backstage like a crazed madman trying to calm myself down, I failed to notice that there was a nail protruding from one of the pieces of the wooden square that I smashed on the floor and I stepped right on it. Once I did that, I flew into a rage and started ripping more of those squares out of the wall and threw them around in a mad frenzy like a complete asshole. The guys in my band were trying to calm me down before security would take notice……but it was too late! Security came in, fucking pinned me against the wall and yelled “That’s it, you’re outta here!!!” and started to drag me out of the backstage towards the main entrance/exit of the club. Now I’m screaming “Hey, I’m in the band, we’re going on in like 40 minutes!” They then threw me outside on the sidewalk and said to me “You can come back in when it’s time for you to go onstage, but you’re not allowed back in until then!” So now I’m just sitting there in front on the club in the cold, like the complete dumbass that I was while everyone I know is walking into the club asking me “Hey what are you doing out here, aren’t you supposed to be going on soon?” I’m like “They threw me out”. I had to repeat that over and over again to almost every person who was walking into the club. I eventually just shortened my explanation to “I’m a dumbass!” :oops: Which I was. LOL!!! :wink:

how fucking cool are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:35 pm
God Of The Sun

Go49rs110 wrote:

Awsome story!! you actually got cock blocked! :O

Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Poor LoQ!

Some of you guys could write a book! :shock:

Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next