View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Paul and bruces ibanez epiphones... 
is evil...Evil Joe

Post Paul and bruces ibanez epiphones...
Hey guys- :twisted: i am new to this message board but have been a long time PG/ Racer X fan and i was wondering what would be the best way to build a copy of thier custom ibanez guitars before they used RG's.
I think those are really nice because they look to have great upper fret access.
Any ideas on the above and how much it would cost?
Thanks- J

Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:41 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

they were epiphone coronets, check the pauls gear thread there should be some info there.

Pablo Pablo Pablo!

Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:31 pm
Viking Kong

they were epiphone coronets, check the pauls gear thread there should be some info there.

He ones the poster is referring to are not coronets. They are custom guitars with ibanez necks and headstocks. They were based on a coronet, but they were definately custom Ibanez guitars. Its stated in the Racer x FAQ on this board.

The best way to make a replica is probably to start with an epiphone coronet, or wishire or crestwood to get the body shape. Have a custom neck made. Then route the body and refinish it.

If you use the search button these guitars have been talked about many times on this board.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:14 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

dimefan90 wrote:

He ones the poster is referring to are not coronets. They are custom guitars with ibanez necks and headstocks. They were based on a coronet, but they were definately custom Ibanez guitars. Its stated in the Racer x FAQ on this board.

The best way to make a replica is probably to start with an epiphone coronet, or wishire or crestwood to get the body shape. Have a custom neck made. Then route the body and refinish it.

If you use the search button these guitars have been talked about many times on this board.

i meant the body style was epiphone coronet.

Pablo Pablo Pablo!

Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]