View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Any news on Racer X recording.......maybe? 
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:56 am
Profile WWW
King Of The Monsters

After seeing this thread, I got curious, so I asked Bruce (through Myspace) if he'd talked to the guys about a new album with the full band reunion. He said:

"As far as Racer X, I don't think there will be a reunion anytime soon,
and very possibly a full reunion never again. Not to say that I'll never play or record with Paul again, I'm sure we will cross paths a few more times down the road."

Don't mean to be a bummer, but I figured I'd share what I was told with you.

What the hell...

Did they fought or something like that? Didn´t knew that side...

Image Image

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:49 am
Profile WWW
Search Button God!

Metal Liberty wrote:
After seeing this thread, I got curious, so I asked Bruce (through Myspace) if he'd talked to the guys about a new album with the full band reunion. He said:

and very possibly a full reunion never again. Not to say that I'll never play or record with Paul again, I'm sure we will cross paths a few more times down the road."

What the hell...

Strange... :?

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:59 am
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Guitarp77 wrote:
Metal Liberty wrote:

What the hell...

Strange... :?

Whaaa?! have i missed something? :S

Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:46 am
Profile WWW
Superhero

He didnt say "NO" so i geuss its not so terrible, theres still a possibility. I hope atleast he will mix the next RX album atleast, if there is one :cry:

with all this talk of getting heavier, i decided to wack it on, i forgot how much i love 'ghost dance' :shock:

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"

Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:09 am
Viking Kong

Fuck this. I'm pissed off... seriously. RX is the best band in the world and I WANT a new album. this is screwed. I'm not buying any new Paul/Priest/Mars volta, whatever CD until Racer X is reunited.

if it's not racer X, I don't wanna hear it. >=(

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:02 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: A small town called Los Angeles...you may have heard of it.
well we should have had several clues that RX was NOT recording.
you all seem so suprised by it.
TMV releases a new album almost every year, and Juan plays in Omar's quintet.
Paul was on G3 and touring Europe and Asia nearly all last year and once he got home he started SFBADR.
News of Priest's new record came early last year.
Yeah...I'm not suprised they aren't recording.
I asked Paul when he came to GIT if they what the status was, and he said that he would love to do it again, but with everybody doing they're own thing it wouldn't be happening anytime soon.

So yeah, get over it...no recording...no new album...patience is a virtue.

Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Do I think there will ever be a reunion of the 5? Probably not. Do I know anything special? Not really.

Do I think there will be another with 4? I'm always hopeful. Racer X is the BADDEST, SCARIEST, most terrifying METAL band. It is, and would be an absolute shame, if they never recorded anything again.

That said....Timing is everything. Scott was off this year, almost 2 years actually. John had a break from TMV and Jeff was at home. Unfortunately, Paul had his best, IMO, solo year in his career...and really got his name out there big time....between G3 and all the YouTube clips...Paul has gotten a lot more mainstream exposure...ironically, WAY after his most "popular" band was broken up.

Now, Paul is off with his new CD...Scott is going to out for the next year or so with Priest, and TMV has, what I think their best CD coming out, and gobs of touring to follow. So it's unlikely for any Racer X time, until another year.

By you guys visiting the site....You HELP keep Racer X alive. Trust me...Paul notices that his audience hasn't gotten older (with the old Racer X and Mr. Big crowd) like some 80's guitar guys...Paul's crowd has gotten YOUNGER....Look at the How Old Am I threads from 2003, 2004 and 2007. The age bracket hasn't gotten older....which you would expect.

Keep posting these threads every so often...ALWAYS pester Paul, John, Jeff and Scott with the question....someday...someone will get tired of the question, and say...

Let's make a truly terrifying Racer X CD.....

Regards,
Ken

Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Keep posting these threads every so often...ALWAYS pester Paul, John, Jeff and Scott with the question....someday...someone will get tired of the question, and say...

Or take the snakebyte way? maybe igotaafro could make himself useful...
:P

Thank you for that Ken. I understand what you're saying completely and i'd agree that last year was obviously Paul's best year as far as getting out there more. Great to hear you're aching for a new Racer X album just like the rest of us. I will continue to support and push Racer X upon anyone who crosses my path.

Long live RACER X!!

Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:18 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Gustavo, I highly doubt that there was any argument or anything between the guys. Like Ken said, the timing just wasn't happening and therefore Bruce probably doesn't want to give us false hopes of things he can't plan for.

Thanks Ken, for that greatly-worded post. You rejuvenate my enthusiasm! :)

The #1 Queensryche Source

Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:42 am
God Of The Sun

Ken just said it all :D. Hope dies last, or so i hear.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:17 am
King Of The Monsters

Gustavo, I highly doubt that there was any argument or anything between the guys. Like Ken said, the timing just wasn't happening and therefore Bruce probably doesn't want to give us false hopes of things he can't plan for.

Barry, I said that because of what I read from Bruce..."I´ll never record/tour with PG ever again":..that didn´t sounded like anything "friendly" to my point of view. Again, my lack of english could´ve made me read that statement in a literal way and there´s something hidden. Dunno.

I´ve had the chance to met 2 RX members (Paul and Scott), and both of them told me that they would love to do a new RX album.

I keep my fingers crossed, and I dream to see RX live someday, it would really be a BLAST.

Image Image

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:24 am
Profile WWW
Unt! I move topics!

Metal Liberty wrote:

Barry, I said that because of what I read from Bruce..."I´ll never record/tour with PG ever again":..that didn´t sounded like anything "friendly" to my point of view. Again, my lack of english could´ve made me read that statement in a literal way and there´s something hidden. Dunno.

I´ve had the chance to met 2 RX members (Paul and Scott), and both of them told me that they would love to do a new RX album.

I keep my fingers crossed, and I dream to see RX live someday, it would really be a BLAST.

You misunderstood what Bruce said.

"Not to say that I'll never play or record with Paul again, I'm sure we will cross paths a few more times down the road."

Bruce is saying he doubts all 5 Racer X members will reunite BUT he does think that he and Paul will play and/or record together at some point in the future. The double negative (not ... never ...) can be confusing.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:45 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

[...maybe igotaafro could make himself useful...:P

Mr MUTTLEY! wrote:
SILENCE...FOLLOWED BY A DEAFENING ROAR...of laughter!

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:50 am
Viking Kong

Timing is everything.

Do I think there will ever be a reunion of the 5? Probably not. Do I know anything special? Not really.

Do I think there will be another with 4? I'm always hopeful. Racer X is the BADDEST, SCARIEST, most terrifying METAL band. It is, and would be an absolute shame, if they never recorded anything again.

That said....Timing is everything. Scott was off this year, almost 2 years actually. John had a break from TMV and Jeff was at home. Unfortunately, Paul had his best, IMO, solo year in his career...and really got his name out there big time....between G3 and all the YouTube clips...Paul has gotten a lot more mainstream exposure...ironically, WAY after his most "popular" band was broken up.

Now, Paul is off with his new CD...Scott is going to out for the next year or so with Priest, and TMV has, what I think their best CD coming out, and gobs of touring to follow. So it's unlikely for any Racer X time, until another year.

By you guys visiting the site....You HELP keep Racer X alive. Trust me...Paul notices that his audience hasn't gotten older (with the old Racer X and Mr. Big crowd) like some 80's guitar guys...Paul's crowd has gotten YOUNGER....Look at the How Old Am I threads from 2003, 2004 and 2007. The age bracket hasn't gotten older....which you would expect.

Ken really knows how to rally the troops. I've been here since 2001 and have met some incredible, awesome people in the near-seven years that I've been around. Racer X isn't what we'd call an active band, but I can't lose focus of what brought me here in the first place: The band. I'm hoping for a new CD by the group, and I'm hoping that it'll be as intense and terrifying as any album before it.

If Racer X ever had a chance to put some rare, remastered stuff out on EP, I'd be all over it, too.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:39 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

KenHower wrote:
Timing is everything.

Ken really knows how to rally the troops. I've been here since 2001 and have met some incredible, awesome people in the near-seven years that I've been around. Racer X isn't what we'd call an active band, but I can't lose focus of what brought me here in the first place: The band. I'm hoping for a new CD by the group, and I'm hoping that it'll be as intense and terrifying as any album before it.

If Racer X ever had a chance to put some rare, remastered stuff out on EP, I'd be all over it, too.

Ken is the man. He will find a cure for our disease. We can't fight off the X in our blood..

Ken... is.. legend.

Sorry can't help it. lol.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:55 pm
Viking Kong

Ryan wrote:
KenHower wrote:
Timing is everything.

Ken is the man. He will find a cure for our disease. We can't fight off the X in our blood..

Ken... is.. legend.

Sorry can't help it. lol.

nobody wants to fight off the X.

I still love RX, I'll still post here and help keep the forum alive.
but I'm still pissed off we're not getting an album for the next 2-3 years...

we have a racerx side project forum section... to me, it looks more like RacerX is the side project. I wish the guys didn't act like RX is the sunday band... the band you play in when you got nothing better to do. I don't want them to get tired of the question and play, it makes it sound like a house-chore. I wish the guys woke up one day and though "damn we gotta record some metal."

love the band, and that's why it's painful to wait.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:02 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

it looks more like RacerX is the side project.

Yeah. Sean said something like that a while back, and it's so true. Racer X IS the side band, at the moment.

Not to worry though, cause at the end of the day, their hearts will scream METAL and the X will come alive again. We all just have to be patient. I mean, at least we still have the kick-ass albums they left us to play wherever, whenever.

I still drive fast because of playing too much Racer X in the car. Then again, is there such a thing as too much Racer X? :twisted:

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:46 pm
Viking Kong

Racer X is the BADDEST, SCARIEST, most terrifying METAL band.
That was just so f-in' profound, I had to quote you, Ken!

You could even put "just as scary live" at the end of that sentence, too.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next