View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:12 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Rich Ward is God...According to igotaafro 
Author Message
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2bCpd_O5Urc

^ LOL rich ward changed that dude's tone while jamming with him i guess rich didnt like his yngwie malmsteen sounding tone probley too much gain i forgot.

Chris Peeler playing Heavy Metal Bluesy Soul stuff!!

rich ward looking for a back up guitarist ever since rich changed his tone chris was uninterested but even after all that he still said rich is good :lol:


Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:13 am
Profile
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
chris peeler guitarist on youtube link sounds like big yngwie malmsteen clone no wonder rich changed his amps settings, rich fuckin owns that dudes ass, he even said so :lol:


Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:28 am
Profile
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
i recorded just about every good racerx solo> here just made video, pg's much too repetitive for me, he's got some good but rich ward>>>him :lol: missed a few decent but nothing amazing.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKGveEdk0Ts

11 mins of paul gilbert solos^ only a few not so amazing missed solos.


Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:04 am
Profile
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
overall rich is better :)


Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:06 am
Profile
Motorman

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:20 am
Posts: 250
Post 
do you have the bands permission to start posting cd tracks and the like on your youtube account dude?


Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:09 am
Profile
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
phallictractor wrote:
do you have the bands permission to start posting cd tracks and the like on your youtube account dude?


Umm im made a video where i recorded only the guitar solos from just about every racerx song there is there's a few missed but nothing really missing out on.

But rich ward is overall better player believe me pg is still good but dont think for a second he is a better soloist not close.


Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:12 am
Profile
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
phallictractor wrote:
do you have the bands permission to start posting cd tracks and the like on your youtube account dude?


no


Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:19 am
Profile
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
pg is a very good guitarist man, but you are putting him against a person who is just naturally fuckin talented at the instrument and learned all the bands he loved just by ear same crap paul listens to.

Seriously though nobody at fuckin g3 could fuck with rich, steve vai,john petrucci,paul are all fans supposibly.

all these musicians who dedicated to their life to making good music are good, but some like rich just gives you a special feeling listening too or old shit i dont know ever since i heard stuck mojo back in the day from my older brother i was fuckin hooked.


Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:45 am
Profile
Unt! I'm a Moderator.
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 12:21 am
Posts: 8618
Location: Las Gárgolas, California
Post 
I was listening to the solos in this compilation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7UqF88-RdY

and Rich is pretty good! It's really a shame you have to destroy his name and reputation for all of us Racer X fans. Just like I said Rich is a really good guitarist, but the same things you accuse Paul of.. he does. I'd agree that Paul uses a lot of the same little licks in his solos, making some parts of solos a bit repetitive. But from what I heard in that compilation a lot of Rich's solos sound the same. Very very similar in fact. Like the same bends transposed into the key of the song except with random licks connecting them. I think Rich uses too many bends for his own good, well actually I don't think it's that bad considering it's a compilation from many songs but when played back to back the solos are too similar to deny. He uses a lot of cliche rock licks. A ton of them.

Any sweeps or fast picking parts (that aren't one note or on one string) that I've heard have been a bit sloppy. There wasn't many though. There's one or two solos in there that sounded really cool and stood out to me. All of them were the ones where he slowed down, he sounded MUCH more original. But unfortunately I'd say that was about five out of how many there were in there. The second he started wanking the solo sounded like they could have been played by any guitarist from any hard rock band.. ever.

And also what were those solos from? All the backing tracks sounded so fake. Like back tracks we'd find on guitarbt.com. They didn't flow.

I'm not saying Paul is better than him at soloing, that's just a matter of preference. But Rich repeats licks just as much as Paul if not more and Rich resembles almost every other hard rock guitarist in his soloing with his staple rock licks. Paul has made licks and has his own style, and he uses it again and again. The licks he demonstrates in Intense Rock I are licks he still plays today. But they're HIS licks, not everyone elses.

I hope you read this post twice because I listened to every 10:56 of that video, and it'd suck if you gave me a big fuck you or something. I've listened to Rich and i'm willing to listen more, but as of now.. I'm not convinced that he is any sort of an innovative guitarist.

btw do you have any songs of him playing any classical, jazz, or any other styles of music? If you do please post i'd like to hear.



p.s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_zg8x5l ... re=related

1:05 is a complete PGRO, and still wasn't executed cleanly.

_________________
Jason Kahrs
October 1, 1973 - January 5, 2010
Rest In Peace My Friend


Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:48 am
Profile WWW
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
Beckerxguitarist wrote:
I was listening to the solos in this compilation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7UqF88-RdY

and Rich is pretty good! It's really a shame you have to destroy his name and reputation for all of us Racer X fans. Just like I said Rich is a really good guitarist, but the same things you accuse Paul of.. he does. I'd agree that Paul uses a lot of the same little licks in his solos, making some parts of solos a bit repetitive. But from what I heard in that compilation a lot of Rich's solos sound the same. Very very similar in fact. Like the same bends transposed into the key of the song except with random licks connecting them. I think Rich uses too many bends for his own good, well actually I don't think it's that bad considering it's a compilation from many songs but when played back to back the solos are too similar to deny. He uses a lot of cliche rock licks. A ton of them.

Any sweeps or fast picking parts (that aren't one note or on one string) that I've heard have been a bit sloppy. There wasn't many though. There's one or two solos in there that sounded really cool and stood out to me. All of them were the ones where he slowed down, he sounded MUCH more original. But unfortunately I'd say that was about five out of how many there were in there. The second he started wanking the solo sounded like they could have been played by any guitarist from any hard rock band.. ever.

And also what were those solos from? All the backing tracks sounded so fake. Like back tracks we'd find on guitarbt.com. They didn't flow.

I'm not saying Paul is better than him at soloing, that's just a matter of preference. But Rich repeats licks just as much as Paul if not more and Rich resembles almost every other hard rock guitarist in his soloing with his staple rock licks. Paul has made licks and has his own style, and he uses it again and again. The licks he demonstrates in Intense Rock I are licks he still plays today. But they're HIS licks, not everyone elses.

I hope you read this post twice because I listened to every 10:56 of that video, and it'd suck if you gave me a big fuck you or something. I've listened to Rich and i'm willing to listen more, but as of now.. I'm not convinced that he is any sort of an innovative guitarist.

btw do you have any songs of him playing any classical, jazz, or any other styles of music? If you do please post i'd like to hear.



p.s. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_zg8x5l ... re=related

1:05 is a complete PGRO, and still wasn't executed cleanly.


lol, that improvised shit sounds nothing like paul gilbert i own every racerx album.

PG IS GOOD.

but rich ward is just a born to play musician, he knows how to get amazing tone, original soloing style etc, not be so repetitive.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=glQGUB-goDM

^ better compilation of solos^


Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:53 am
Profile
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
that rich ward mess around youtube link sounds more like a dimebag rip off than anything that doesnt sound anything like paul.

the only thing ive ever heard rich ward clearly rip off is a in flames guitar riff from the song colony but he played it better :lol: :lol: plus he mentions in flames as one of the bands he listens too.

kinda pissed me off because he didnt need to rip off shit, because all of the riffs he's written sound better than the in flames shit he used.


Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:54 am
Profile
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
fuck overly sounding clean stuff.


Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:13 am
Profile
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
lol, dude that's probley why nobody can play rich's solos because they arent overly clean but still pretty fuckin hard to pull off.

alot of the solos sound crap because of the production and not really the solo themselves.

I like guitarist who bend just about every fuckin note :lol:


Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:27 am
Profile
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
nobody really knows what real ward is playing in alot of his solos that's why i wish i had more concert footage of him playing his studio track solos note perfect.

There's some videos on youtube where he plays them fuckin studio perfect no errors but most of his solo videos period are improvised/totall changed shit and most not as technical he looks worn out in videos because notice he does jump around and play guitar.


Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:29 am
Profile
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
^ all of stuck mojo solos are recorded from songs created by rich trust me the riffs kick ass.


Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:36 am
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:40 am
Posts: 11619
Location: Across The Universe
Post 
Chuck Berry SMOKES rich ward!!!


Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:19 pm
Profile
Promises to use Search button

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:32 pm
Posts: 7
Post 
Rich Ward SMOKES pork loin.

He normally uses a little Hickory or maybe some Mesquite.


Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:58 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:37 pm
Posts: 5165
Location: London
Post 
What would happen if I said Paul was a natural born musician?

I'm gonna get sworn at aren't I? :lol:

Anyways, Igotaafro, why do you say Rich Ward is a "born to play musician"?

_________________
Thanks MDucran


Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:23 pm
Profile
Viking Kong

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:20 am
Posts: 6727
Post 
UncleKG wrote:
Rich Ward SMOKES pork loin.

He normally uses a little Hickory or maybe some Mesquite.


Mmmmmm


Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:41 pm
Profile
Dr. X

Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:08 pm
Posts: 247
Post 
I was walking to work today and thinking about igotaafro's trolling antics and was actually smiling to myself. People must have thought I was mad. This is one of the funniest threads I've ever read.


Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:44 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.