View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Guitar Hero + Rock Band 
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
The Real FN Sean John wrote:
DOUBLELIVEGONZO wrote:
guitar hero+rock band= gay :wink:

in your opinion, but what i love about these games is that they're exposing unsuspecting kids to awesome music.
"Black Magic Woman", "Sunshine of Your Love", "Cliffs of Dover"...it goes on and on. music these kids would probably never go search for, is going to be exposed to them in a matter of days.

x10000000

before GH and Rock Band my little brothers favorite musician was Crazy Frog... now every time I wake up he's singing Detroit Rock City. 8)

Ooh that reminds me... why havent they contacted us in Rejser Exx? have our version in it ;D

Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:09 am
Profile WWW
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:55 am
Superhero

Any well meaning Guitar Hero player....MUST watch Guitar Queer O episode of South Park.

Priceless.

I'm totally diggin the Randy-heavy episodes these days. Randy is the fuckin' best character EVER.

When he sneaks downstairs and plays GH in his underwear... I mean, the image is just hilarious. lol.

"Thothiswuhzamericuh"

Long live Randy Marsh.

Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:04 am
God Of The Sun

Location: A small town called Los Angeles...you may have heard of it.

Long live Randy Marsh.

YES SIR!!!

Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:09 am
Profile WWW
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

racerx songs for guitar hero snakebite/technical difficulties.

god of the son?

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:45 pm
Viking Kong

When will they make the GH controller like, super complex? I suppose the PS2/3/360 couldnt really handle the load of keys as it has its set amounts anyway, but it would be cool, like those Yamaha practise MIDI guitars you get in Argos :lol:

Last edited by Zae on Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:08 pm
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Ok, so what songs do you want on guitar hero? even though i dont play it lol atleast dorks will hear it and stop listening to crap they currently are.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:55 pm
Godzilla

as for a racer x song on GH or Rock Band, it would have to be mainstream popular...so Scarified or Technical Difficulties is your best bet. Just my 2 cents. Plus, those are interesting songs for people who don't know of Racer X to get involved with.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:07 am
Superhero

through the fire and flames is a really fun song to play on guitar hero 3.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:27 am
Site Admin

LMFAO learn to play real guitar.

I couldn't agree more. If the kids spent 1/2 of the time they spend playing Guitar Hero....they could actually play REAL guitar...probably well too.

Regards,
Ken

Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

the idea of instant gratification is what hooks people on this type of game i think. They hear their favorite tunes because they did some menial task. If they were playing real guitar, their fingers would be swollen and red and they couldn't choose easy.

Im glad the game is getting people into guitar music again though, that is a great thing. When was the last time you heard someone talk about eric johnson's cliffs of dover in casual talk if they weren't a guitarist before this game came out?

Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:17 pm
Superhero

I geuss it could be kinda a fun in a party enviroment or versuing with a group of friends, but it isnt the type of game i enjoy. Id rather play something with some action or storyline.

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"

Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:11 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: A small town called Los Angeles...you may have heard of it.
When was the last time you heard someone talk about eric johnson's cliffs of dover in casual talk if they weren't a guitarist before this game came out?

i'll tell you when...never!

Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

If there was gonna be a Racer X song, I'd think it would have to be one of the more chordy ones from Technical Difficulties or some of the latter songs in Getting Heavier, that'd totally go down for popular.

Or Godzilla, without crazy solo, I mean, just hit as many notes as you can for that :lol:

Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:42 pm
Viking Kong

My opinion on GH; useless. If it's made to make kids listen to better music, so what? It just makes the classic rock songs we all love overused and overexposed to yuppie-kids. I remember a time when everyone at my school though Bark At The Moon was the hardest song you could learn on guitar. I'll join igotafro and Ken on this one.

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:08 pm
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

My opinion on GH; useless. If it's made to make kids listen to better music, so what? It just makes the classic rock songs we all love overused and overexposed to yuppie-kids. I remember a time when everyone at my school though Bark At The Moon was the hardest song you could learn on guitar. I'll join igotafro and Ken on this one.

lol

Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:27 am
Site Admin

I don't know about you guys.....but GH gives me fits. Since I can't do Hard or Expert, where the notes more closely match the song. On Easy mode, I find myself trying to pick, in time...cause..that's like what a GUITAR player would do....but the GH notes I'm supposed to play, don't fall when I would need to pick....

So I get YOU SUCK....a lot. And that's fine with me.

Regards,
Ken

Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:37 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

I don't know about you guys.....but GH gives me fits. Since I can't do Hard or Expert, where the notes more closely match the song. On Easy mode, I find myself trying to pick, in time...cause..that's like what a GUITAR player would do....but the GH notes I'm supposed to play, don't fall when I would need to pick.

Exactly! Yes this is very similar to what I have been telling my buddies; Knowing how to play guitar can put you at a disadvantage because when you would actually play a lot of these notes is not when the games tells you. So it can confuse you. It does for me and for another guitar playing friend of mine who i play GH with.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:06 pm
Viking Kong

I don't know about you guys.....but GH gives me fits. Since I can't do Hard or Expert, where the notes more closely match the song. On Easy mode, I find myself trying to pick, in time...cause..that's like what a GUITAR player would do....but the GH notes I'm supposed to play, don't fall when I would need to pick....

That description fits perfectly on me as well.

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:40 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Yeah i agree to you guys, imagine playing lets say daddy, brother lover, littleboy the first chords there

Da-da-Dom Da-da-da Dom Da-da-Dom Da-da-da Dom

in GH it would probably be like

Dom ... Dom ... Dom ... Dom ...

And harder it would be

Dom Dom Dom Dom Dom Dom

BLEH :D

The Real FN Sean John wrote:
Robithius wrote:
When was the last time you heard someone talk about eric johnson's cliffs of dover in casual talk if they weren't a guitarist before this game came out?

i'll tell you when...never!

+1 god.. that was a smart move of Eric :D

Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next