View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:49 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next
 Rich Ward is God...According to igotaafro 
no need for name calling...

while, yes, that was a live solo...it has the same main passages as the recorded one, so in that resped, "THAT SOLO SOUND(S) (SOME)THING CLOSE TO THE STUDIO TRACK OF(F) STUCK MOJO MONSTER RIGHT (T)HERE".

also, you're missing the point completely...it was not whether or not the solo was good or not that you were arguing, i was just saying he used the pentatonic, and you refused...its not about anything else. That clip is the one we were talking about, and i said he used the pentatonic, which he does. Whether he was making it up on the spot doesnt mean a darn thing because it doesnt take away from the fact it was pentatonic (which isnt a bad thing at all i might add)

you dont seem to understand the idea of "topics of discussion"

as for how you are holding so tightly to your whole idea that hes using chromatics, you are indeed right, he is (boring and elementary as they may be) but those same "1/2/3" chromatic runs are also in the blues scale, the one hes (so elegantly?) displaying for us.

however, this thread isnt about rich's playing really, its about pointing out all your fallacies in trying to over justify what he does, if you haven't noticed.

now, with a collective sigh everyone, since i see he has a new name, lets put on our helmets for the "banging our heads against the wall session".

:D
'

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9R9okk17P7A

Stuck Mojo (Columbus, OH - 1998) ^^ this different concert video of stuck mojo monster is closer to to the studio track and you can clearly see he's playing different stuff and faster/more technical. skip to 7:20 .

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:12 pm
Vai uses the Wah tastefully. Theres nothing wrong with a wah pedal, but it has to be used properly, to be honest.

You haven't really backed up your argument with great evidence, if you're going to prove it, then gives us good evidence that is credible and relevant, the fact that your argument is actually quite... silly, and also aggressive just takes away any credibility it had. Which was not much. You're against an entire board, you've made everyone dislike you, you've made yourself a laughing stock, and you hardly have any pride in yourself. You were banned from this place, it would be a good idea tos tick with that before things get worse.

rich uses wah much better, he doesnt just wank on it he uses it to give his solos extra personality.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:13 pm
Superhero

its obvious where this is heading, but its like a car crash, you just cant take your eyes of it.

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:14 pm
Godzilla

yeah...on the studio take, from 2:55 with the trill, or one finger tapping as you would call it, to about 310 all sounds very similar to the live solo. At least to me, but its a personal call. I thought his live solo followed closely to the recorded one, personally.

ßrono wrote:
its obvious where this is heading, but its like a car crash, you just cant take your eyes of it.

yeah its hilarious, im done, ill let someone else take the baton for now

Last edited by Robithius on Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:15 pm
yeah...on the studio take, from 2:55 with the trill, or one finger tapping as you would call it, to about 310 all sounds very similar to the live solo. At least to me, but its a personal call. I thought his live solo followed closely to the recorded one, personally.

nope the part at 3:03 and another is missing from the only video you seem to want to watch of stuck mojo monster there's 2 concert videos of same song on youtube dumbass, 1 with solo different the one you are obessed with and then the other which solo is faster/more technical and closer to studio you dont seem to want to acknownledge.

Last edited by imbacksucka on Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:16 pm
Viking Kong

Its funny :lol:

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:16 pm
Search Button God!

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:17 pm
This guy just doesn't listen...

Stuck mojo monster isnt even close to being one of rich ward's very good solos it's one of his first and ive listened to the song since 1996 i know when he plays it right or wrong that one 2:35 video that kid is obessed with isnt even close to 1996 studio track solo except for him tapping with 1 finger in beggining only similarities.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:18 pm
Boooooooooooooorriiiiiiiiiiiiing.

then leave.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:19 pm
Search Button God!

Lamer wrote:

then leave.

Oh no, the music is boring. You're pure entertainment. Get a sidekick so you can shout 'To the Trollmobile' every once in a while.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:24 pm

^^ here's rich ward solo from 2006 no concert footage of it but it clearly shows he knows how to use a wah pedal better than anyone.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:25 pm
imbacksucka wrote:
Lamer wrote:

then leave.

Oh no, the music is boring. You're pure entertainment. Get a sidekick so you can shout 'To the Trollmobile' every once in a while.

I wish i had concert footage of rich ward playing all of his studio track solos note perfect goddamn it.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:26 pm
rich ward's solos are just more epic or special or something sounding than paul gilberts especially live.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:34 pm
Viking Kong

Zae wrote:
This guy just doesn't listen...

Stuck mojo monster isnt even close to being one of rich ward's very good solos it's one of his first and ive listened to the song since 1996 i know when he plays it right or wrong that one 2:35 video that kid is obessed with isnt even close to 1996 studio track solo except for him tapping with 1 finger in beggining only similarities.

That wasn't what I meant. I don't really care about what Rich Ward can do, the fact that you're completely wrong and your attitude is appauling is what I'm trying to tell you, You're not supposed to be back "sucka", and your argument will not be accepted here, just give it a break. And drop it.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:35 pm
God Of The Sun

Location: A small town called Los Angeles...you may have heard of it.
spandex man wrote:
hey igotaafro, whats chromatics?

Playing any notes in 1/2/3/4 fashion on a single string.

you're a dumbass...the actual MUSICAL definition of chromatics is the use of notes, not belonging to the key center or key signature, to produce outside tones while emphasizing the chord tones/scale tones.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

igotaafro wrote:
it's weird im already faster with my fingers and i only started acouple months ago.

Priceless...

wow...

Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

yea, rich ward's improvised solo is far faster than paul gilbert and more inventive.

just because it's faster and he plays chromatics all the time doesn't make him better.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
BOFH

Oooh... Evading a ban. Not the best idea :roll:

>clickety<

Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero

so i was checking some stuck mojo songs and there are a some references to the southern culture and pride and that stuff, but (pardon my ignorance for that part of north american history) isn´t that supposed to be bad, like slavery and stuff?

Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:43 pm
Profile ICQ
God Of The Sun

so i was checking some stuck mojo songs and there are a some references to the southern culture and pride and that stuff, but (pardon my ignorance for that part of north american history) isn´t that supposed to be bad, like slavery and stuff?

you can be proud of where your from...i have no problem with that.
but the south has done a lot of things which have not been conducive to peace/civil rights. slavery, segregation, etc. but hey, my german friend is proud to be german...and that's fine with me. even though i think hitler was a complete fuckhead. it's perfectly fine to be proud of where you're from.

Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next