View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:32 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next
 Rich Ward is God...According to igotaafro 
Author Message
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
spandex man wrote:
igotaafro wrote:
big tom wrote:
igotaafro wrote:
im already faster than rusty.



Prove it :)


walking your fingers up the fretboard at the slow speed rusty did only using 1 string alternate picking is very easy, starting with pinky/index/middle/ponter 1/2/3/4 next 4 frets you didnt play .

rich ward hammered on every note with 4 fingers using 4 strings no picking man, seriously get a clue .


i watched the solo in that video, im pretty sure that little thing you keep talking about is the same cheap trick steve vai and joe satriani do in the first G3 dvd i saw when i was 15.



Umm, steve vai cant play fast show me.


Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:12 pm
Profile
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 am
Posts: 760
Post 
big tom wrote:
igotaafro wrote:
i need a camera first.


You had best go and get one.

And look up what BOFH stands for :D


>clickety<



http://youtube.com/watch?v=vYxrdrzmuUw

look 4:02 buckethead doing weak hammer ons 3 frets/fingers in only one spot 1 string lol and rich is moving around fretboard hammering with all 4 fingers on 4 strings lmfao.


you people cannot show me what rich did.


Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:13 pm
Profile
BOFH

Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:19 pm
Posts: 2220
Location: UK
Post 
>clickety<

Oh noes! Where did He go? :roll:

_________________
Eat a third of a Mars Bar a day.


Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Search Button God!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:05 pm
Posts: 5105
Location: Mailbag Of Doom
Post 
igotaafro wrote:
you people cannot show me what rich did.


Apparently neither can you :)

_________________
Image


Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:18 pm
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:49 am
Posts: 1888
Location: Sydney
Post 
this thread= win

_________________
Image

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"


Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:20 pm
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:57 pm
Posts: 674
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Post 
igotaafro wrote:
big tom wrote:
igotaafro wrote:
i need a camera first.


You had best go and get one.

And look up what BOFH stands for :D


>clickety<



http://youtube.com/watch?v=vYxrdrzmuUw

look 4:02 buckethead doing weak hammer ons 3 frets/fingers in only one spot 1 string lol and rich is moving around fretboard hammering with all 4 fingers on 4 strings lmfao.


you people cannot show me what rich did.


people dont need to show you what rich did. you have a very poor quality 2 second clip of a not particulally impressive technique that some nu metal monkey managed to pull out of his ass, that you are putting up against every credible guitar player of the last 30 years.


Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:21 pm
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:57 pm
Posts: 674
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Post 
aww man, i was too late with that last post.

but seriously, what a douche.


Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:22 pm
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:49 am
Posts: 1660
Location: Mid 1980s, Grand Rapids, MI
Post 
big tom wrote:
>clickety<

Oh noes! Where did He go? :roll:


lol--only took about six hours from getting his own thread to ">clickety<"

_________________
[url]http://www.paulkleffmusic.com[/url]
[url]http://www.grandrapidsguitarlessons.com[/url]


Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:23 pm
Profile
God Of The Sun

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:43 am
Posts: 2041
Location: Almada, Portugal
Post 
ßrono wrote:
this thread= win


+1.

I have to come and check this thread when i'm in need of a laugh :P.


Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:31 pm
Profile
Godzilla

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:42 am
Posts: 552
Post 
this is what happened in the other thread, he tried to tell me this clip's solo had no pentatonic in it at all...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9YgNeH2cEGY

wankery starts at 2:33 and that first "lick" should be all you need to hear.

then he told me its impossible to play pentatonics with three notes per string and i tried to explain, not only the blues scale with passing notes and other such tasty goodies, but also the fact that you can indeed play 3-notes-per-string pentatonic lines.

even showed him examples of each with ONE link, unlike the many he tried to show me how great Rich "oh, now im bored" Ward

*****
The site i showed him is below. Its a great source for those looking to expand their ability with pentatonics/blues scale. I know i will be referring to these charts in the near future.

http://www.goodguitars.us/Pentatonic.htm


Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:49 pm
Profile
Post 
Robithius wrote:
this is what happened in the other thread, he tried to tell me this clip's solo had no pentatonic in it at all...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9YgNeH2cEGY

wankery starts at 2:33 and that first "lick" should be all you need to hear.

then he told me its impossible to play pentatonics with three notes per string and i tried to explain, not only the blues scale with passing notes and other such tasty goodies, but also the fact that you can indeed play 3-notes-per-string pentatonic lines.

even showed him examples of each with ONE link, unlike the many he tried to show me how great Rich "oh, now im bored" Ward

*****
The site i showed him is below. Its a great source for those looking to expand their ability with pentatonics/blues scale. I know i will be referring to these charts in the near future.

http://www.goodguitars.us/Pentatonic.htm



LISTEN UP GOOD YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKER


http://youtube.com/watch?v=9YgNeH2cEGY

^ THAT LINK stuck mojo monster live 1999 louisville, ky THAT SOLO IS IMPROVISED IT'S MADE UP RANDOMLY ON THE FLY NOT WRITTEN OR PLAYED ON STUDIO TRACK DUMBFUCK THAT'S NOT A PENTATONIC SCALE.

PLUS DOES THAT SOLO SOUND ANYTHING CLOSE TO THE STUDIO CD TRACK OF STUCK MOJO MONSTER RIGHT HERE? FUCK NO STUPID FUCK > http://youtube.com/watch?v=4om6R-MabHE


the real solo is more technical i shouldnt even showed you that video because that solo doesnt exist it wasnt written stupid mother fucker. better than paul gilbers repetitive fuckin 2 finger semi tones over and over.


Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:57 pm
Post 
Robithius wrote:
this is what happened in the other thread, he tried to tell me this clip's solo had no pentatonic in it at all...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9YgNeH2cEGY

wankery starts at 2:33 and that first "lick" should be all you need to hear.

then he told me its impossible to play pentatonics with three notes per string and i tried to explain, not only the blues scale with passing notes and other such tasty goodies, but also the fact that you can indeed play 3-notes-per-string pentatonic lines.

even showed him examples of each with ONE link, unlike the many he tried to show me how great Rich "oh, now im bored" Ward

*****
The site i showed him is below. Its a great source for those looking to expand their ability with pentatonics/blues scale. I know i will be referring to these charts in the near future.

http://www.goodguitars.us/Pentatonic.htm



THE PENTATONIC HAS SPACING BETWEEN THE FRETING/FINGER POSTIONING IN ALL PENTATONIC GRAPHs

rich plays no spacing 1/2/3 on 3 frets on each string no spacing just 1/2/3 chromatic pattern .


Last edited by imbacksucka on Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:59 pm
Dr. X
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:27 am
Posts: 208
Location: England
Post 
imbacksucka wrote:
Robithius wrote:
this is what happened in the other thread, he tried to tell me this clip's solo had no pentatonic in it at all...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9YgNeH2cEGY

wankery starts at 2:33 and that first "lick" should be all you need to hear.

then he told me its impossible to play pentatonics with three notes per string and i tried to explain, not only the blues scale with passing notes and other such tasty goodies, but also the fact that you can indeed play 3-notes-per-string pentatonic lines.

even showed him examples of each with ONE link, unlike the many he tried to show me how great Rich "oh, now im bored" Ward

*****
The site i showed him is below. Its a great source for those looking to expand their ability with pentatonics/blues scale. I know i will be referring to these charts in the near future.

http://www.goodguitars.us/Pentatonic.htm



LISTEN UP GOOD YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKER


http://youtube.com/watch?v=9YgNeH2cEGY

^ THAT LINK stuck mojo monster live 1999 louisville, ky THAT SOLO IS IMPROVISED IT'S MADE UP RANDOMLY ON THE FLY NOT WRITTEN OR PLAYED ON STUDIO TRACK DUMBFUCK THAT'S NOT A PENTATONIC SCALE.

PLUS DOES THAT SOLO SOUND ANYTHING CLOSE TO THE STUDIO CD TRACK OF STUCK MOJO MONSTER RIGHT HERE? FUCK NO STUPID FUCK > http://youtube.com/watch?v=4om6R-MabHE


the real solo is more technical i shouldnt even showed you that video because that solo doesnt exist it wasnt written stupid mother fucker. better than paul gilbers repetitive fuckin 2 finger semi tones over and over.


Can you not be so aggressive please. I don't think that kind of language is necessary, even if this is a joke thread.

_________________
'Will play guitar for seafood'


Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
Post 
Dont let the videos of improvised/made up on the fly on video concert solos make you think the solos he played are the real cd/track solo .


you dont know shit about music.

steve vai uses wah pedal constantly i guess by your standards he's shit.


Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:05 pm
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:49 am
Posts: 1888
Location: Sydney
Post 
take a deep breath 'fro. Your doing Rich proud, cant fail on us now.

_________________
Image

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"


Last edited by ßrono on Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:07 pm
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:57 pm
Posts: 674
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Post 
do you seriously think rich ward is the only guitar player to improvise? come on man, thats just silly. how about you listen to some jazz.


Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:08 pm
Profile
Godzilla

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:42 am
Posts: 552
Post 
no need for name calling...

while, yes, that was a live solo...it has the same main passages as the recorded one, so in that resped, "THAT SOLO SOUND(S) (SOME)THING CLOSE TO THE STUDIO TRACK OF(F) STUCK MOJO MONSTER RIGHT (T)HERE".

also, you're missing the point completely...it was not whether or not the solo was good or not that you were arguing, i was just saying he used the pentatonic, and you refused...its not about anything else. That clip is the one we were talking about, and i said he used the pentatonic, which he does. Whether he was making it up on the spot doesnt mean a darn thing because it doesnt take away from the fact it was pentatonic (which isnt a bad thing at all i might add)

you dont seem to understand the idea of "topics of discussion"

as for how you are holding so tightly to your whole idea that hes using chromatics, you are indeed right, he is (boring and elementary as they may be) but those same "1/2/3" chromatic runs are also in the blues scale, the one hes (so elegantly?) displaying for us.

however, this thread isnt about rich's playing really, its about pointing out all your fallacies in trying to over justify what he does, if you haven't noticed.

now, with a collective sigh everyone, since i see he has a new name, lets put on our helmets for the "banging our heads against the wall session".

:D

EDIT: i saw he posted agian before i posted this, and yes, you're right, on the grand scheme of knowledge on the subject of music, i do know hardly anything. Im not a very accomplished music theorist but i am working on it. The first step to learning anything in life is to first admit you dont know it all. Take my advice and take a step back before you realize the hard way you arent as noble as you think you are


Last edited by Robithius on Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:08 pm
Profile
Post 
Robithius wrote:
no need for name calling...

while, yes, that was a live solo...it has the same main passages as the recorded one, so in that resped, "THAT SOLO SOUND(S) (SOME)THING CLOSE TO THE STUDIO TRACK OF(F) STUCK MOJO MONSTER RIGHT (T)HERE".

also, you're missing the point completely...it was not whether or not the solo was good or not that you were arguing, i was just saying he used the pentatonic, and you refused...its not about anything else. That clip is the one we were talking about, and i said he used the pentatonic, which he does. Whether he was making it up on the spot doesnt mean a darn thing because it doesnt take away from the fact it was pentatonic (which isnt a bad thing at all i might add)

you dont seem to understand the idea of "topics of discussion"

as for how you are holding so tightly to your whole idea that hes using chromatics, you are indeed right, he is (boring and elementary as they may be) but those same "1/2/3" chromatic runs are also in the blues scale, the one hes (so elegantly?) displaying for us.

however, this thread isnt about rich's playing really, its about pointing out all your fallacies in trying to over justify what he does, if you haven't noticed.

now, with a collective sigh everyone, since i see he has a new name, lets put on our helmets for the "banging our heads against the wall session".

:D


bullshit clearly you dont know anything the only part even slightly similar is the into to solo the 1 finger tapping.


Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:10 pm
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:57 pm
Posts: 674
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Post 
its like 1am here in perth western australia, and i have work at 9am lifting/pushing alot of heavy speakers around and packing trucks. but i really really want to see how this all turns out.


Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:11 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:37 pm
Posts: 5165
Location: London
Post 
Vai uses the Wah tastefully. Theres nothing wrong with a wah pedal, but it has to be used properly, to be honest.

You haven't really backed up your argument with great evidence, if you're going to prove it, then gives us good evidence that is credible and relevant, the fact that your argument is actually quite... silly, and also aggressive just takes away any credibility it had. Which was not much. You're against an entire board, you've made everyone dislike you, you've made yourself a laughing stock, and you hardly have any pride in yourself. You were banned from this place, it would be a good idea to stick with that before things get worse.

_________________
Thanks MDucran


Last edited by Zae on Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 717 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.