View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Getting Heavier 
Site Admin

I have to say though, I've always loved Endless. Been partial to that one since I first heard it. :)

Endless, is the first song Paul and Jeff ever wrote....but never made it to a record.

Blowin' Up The Radio, was the first that made it to a record.

Regards,
Ken

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Getting Heavier is my most frequently played/listened to album I have. Its my favourite album, but it doesn't have my most favourite songs.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:18 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Zae I couldn't agree more. Really. :) It's just a great ALBUM. Overall it's just awesome, it isn't hit and miss in any way.

KenHower wrote:
Rich wrote:
I have to say though, I've always loved Endless. Been partial to that one since I first heard it. :)

Endless, is the first song Paul and Jeff ever wrote....but never made it to a record.

Thank you for that Ken! I always remember the little facts you throw out. :)

Endless > Blowing Up The Radio (IMO)

Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Endless was originally Don't Change A Thing. I think it was worth the 18+ years for the lyric change.

Regards,
Ken

Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:15 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Location: A small town called Los Angeles...you may have heard of it.

The Real FN Sean John wrote:
i will say this: Getting Heavier is a great record, with very solid song, but it is my least favorite Racer X record.
it just doesn't have the heaviness of Superheroes and it just doesn't grab me the way that Second Heat and Street Lethal did.

I used to feel the same way. And I agree it doesn't GRAB you the way the other albums do. I think you really have to love all the other cds and the band to REALLY get into Getting Heavier. Because the songs are COMPLETELY different from what Racer X was in the 80's. But today it's really hard for me to say which Racer X cd is my LEAST favorite, it makes me sick to think about making that decision. I just know that theres only a small amount of RX songs that I skip, and none of them are on GH.

it has been a while since i gave the album a good spin...maybe i'll do that this weekend if i have time...GIT is getting heavier itself and it's only week 2.

Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:44 am
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

Location: it ain´t good for your <3 to be mad at the world! (Sweden)
Zae I couldn't agree more. Really. :) It's just a great ALBUM. Overall it's just awesome, it isn't hit and miss in any way.

KenHower wrote:
Rich wrote:

Neh! Endless is OK. Empty Man is cooler imo! its like the average mr.big songs long lost brother :D

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

All of them are great, I like Go-GG-Go, Golden God, and those lasts songs that all link together, plus Catapult to Extinction. The rest are great for a fast paced little angry fit too :lol:

Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:49 pm
God Of The Sun

All of them are great, I like Go-GG-Go, Golden God, and those lasts songs that all link together, plus Catapult to Extinction. The rest are great for a fast paced little angry fit too :lol:

Go-GG-Go is a song that really has bugged me. But this morning i got the bassline on my head! and i was like "wtf is this song?! i know its RacerX!" and then it ended up being that song =) now i think its cool again :D

Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:28 am
Profile WWW
King Of The Monsters

I think that GH has many reminiscences to PG´s solo work....there are some songs that I love, but other ones that I feel that are fillers, and I can´t stand that on a RX album :cry:

Image Image

Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Motorman

I always thought some songs on GH would have fitted a Mr Big record better...

Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Too much Rush/Trower influence and not enough Priest/Van Halen influence.

Now that I have listened to the album carefully, brought to me by my dad who came back from europe. I must say I agree with this statement.

However this record is still awesome, and not a let down. It's just a different style.

I prefer it when it's got more VH and JP influences, I think I'd start missing the "old" racer X if 5 albums like GH were produced, but the way it is, I think it's a great record, it shows a new direction for the band, Juan actually participates a lot more on this album, I've heard him on that album way more than on the other albums.

GH rocks

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:39 am
Viking Kong

Holy crap, Golden God has got to be one of Racer X's best songs. This track gets me moving. It's AWESOME, and the solo is a terrifying piece of shred, that also sounds cool, I love the string skipping part.

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:39 am
God Of The Sun

i love the distorted scream in Golden God :D and The intro and the riff :) its a nice song indeed ^^

Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2