View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:19 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Paul playing Technical Difficulties from GT 
King Of The Monsters

oh, and in case "anybody" thinks PG can´t play blues, I just have 3 simple words: RAW BLUES POWER.

Image Image

Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

oh, and in case "anybody" thinks PG can´t play blues, I just have 3 simple words: RAW BLUES POWER.

I HAVE heard the WHOLE ALBUM IT'S NOTHING BLUEISH ABOUT IT.

period.

every review about the album agrees also.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:58 pm
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

I know what paul gilbert lacks bigtime is improvising skills, he's terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WepGUCy65mg

rich ward improvising^^ alittle, he's not even trying to play guitar, just plucking a few strings sitting down while singers talking to crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC60XNiS-MQ

paul gilbert actually trying to improvise and it sounds so musically retarded and crappy, its like he's just warming up playing some scales lol.

rich ward would shame paul gilbert in improvision/solo battle trust me.

rich=legend.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:02 pm
King Of The Monsters

Can´t care less.

Image Image

Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

lol, in the one video i posted, with him improvising, he wasnt even trying to improvise, he was just plucking strings and it actually sounded like decent musically shit, imagine if dude was trying to improvise/show off :)

http://thedukerocks.net/html/bio.html

rich ward^

http://www.dukerocks.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=91

rich ward Yes, I was self taught. One of my neighbors had a guitar and could play a few chords. He showed me what he knew and I would borrow his guitar for a couple of days at a time to practice those chords. About a year later, I got my first guitar so I could practice everyday. I would take my guitar everywhere I went, even to the movies, even when I had a date with me at the movies. Try it and see the looks you'll get. It may keep you from having a girlfriend, but a least you can say that you can play the solo in Mr. Crowley! Need I say more!Metronome work has been the thing that has helped me the most.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Gilbert

lol i dont think paul gilbert is gonna beat naturally talented, harder working guitarist.

paul gilbert Born in Carbondale, Illinois, into a middle class family, Paul started playing guitar at the age of 5, but soon gave up, becoming frustrated with just learning simple nursery rhymes. Around age 11, he took up the guitar again, but with a skewed memory of the technique; Paul revealed that he "played only with upstrokes, used only the low 'E' string and only used [his] middle finger on the fretboard," at an Ibanez sponsored guitar clinic August 12, 2005 in Concord, CA at Spitzer's Music. Frustrated after trying to play the intro to "Barracuda" by Heart, he took lessons and his teacher explained the error of his ways. His technique corrected,

paul gilbert rocks, but rich ward is a legend.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:19 pm
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Lol, check this link out, paul gilbert vs michael amott. solo battle lol.

both solo's rock, um ma wins probley.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ea2vXrxkvKs

Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:25 pm
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X

Can someone ban igotaafro, the racer x board is about celebrating music not challenging it. Rich Ward, Paul Gilbert, Dimebag they are all great people enjoying what they like to do and comparisons are pointless. Just enjoy the music and spread the love. And erm its I've got an afro, not a afro.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun

the racer x board is about celebrating music not challenging it.

then why's there a heal or hurt thread? :roll:

Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:43 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

CJM wrote:
the racer x board is about celebrating music not challenging it.

then why's there a heal or hurt thread? :roll:

To see the members' overall favorite album/songs/etc.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:56 am
Profile WWW
Viking Kong

Afro boy, we are well aware of these guitar players. Maybe instead of bashing, can you just introduce us to Rich Ward, instead of doing that and bashing Paul at the same time?

It's people like you that make an endless battle of who's better, and that just ends in less publicity for both artists because of the love hate war. Got that? In other words, you aren't helping either Paul, Dime, OR Rich.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:21 am
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

let's make this simple

dimebag darrell 1#

:lol:

paul gilbert rocks, sorry i know he kicks ass, but i wish he could actually play blues shit i mean he probley could if he wanted, but the raw power blues album doesnt sound like blues im thinking about, paul probley could play ''real blues if he wanted, wish he's study more blues artist jimi hendrix or some shit, that's why i like rich/dime best because they can play blues type shit.

good paul gilbert songs though

snakebite
poisoneyes riff owns<< sounds like 80s song and it's made in 2000 that kicks ass lol
miss mistreated
let the spirit fly

there's more good songs, but i dunno but i grew up listening to pantera and shit, more into heavier stuff.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:01 am
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

lol,

let's make this simple

dimebag darrell 1#

:lol:

paul gilbert rocks, sorry i know he kicks ass, but i wish he could actually play blues shit i mean he probley could if he wanted, but the raw power blues album doesnt sound like blues im thinking about, paul probley could play ''real blues if he wanted, wish he's study more blues artist jimi hendrix or some shit, that's why i like rich/dime best because they can play blues type shit.

good paul gilbert songs though

snakebite
poisoneyes riff owns<< sounds like 80s song and it's made in 2000 that kicks ass lol
miss mistreated
let the spirit fly

there's more good songs, but i dunno but i grew up listening to pantera and shit, more into heavier stuff.

A revelation? That's cool to actually say that stuff man. And like Beanzee said if you joined and posted in the music mall or guitarist forum people would be open to Rich... well everyone might be a bit biased now after all the trolling. But I know people would be open to listen.

And Poison Eyes WAS written in the 80's it just wasn't recorded til the 2000s aswell as Miss Mistreated. Snakebite is one sick ass song though.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:13 am
Profile WWW
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Rich Ward (Fozzy, Stuck Mojo): "Dimebag Darrell was as nice as they come. During the times that I spent with him, I wondered why he played in such a heavy band. Not that he didn't have the ability to school all of us that dared to share a stage with him, but because he seemed like such a gentle and kind man. He had a great sense of humor and was someone that everyone in the room gravitated toward. He never carried himself like the big rock star that he really was, instead he came across humble and appreciative. I consider it a privilege to have known him, as he was one of the 'real' guys in the business and as Zakk [Wylde] would say, 'one of the boys'!"

notice what rich said, he had the ability to school all of us, he could of just said ow dimebag was nice guy nice to have known him .

paul gilbert rocks, but when pantera was around whole world felt like better place. :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:28 am
Superhero

dimebag darrell 1#

Frank Gambale would mop the floor with everyone you've mentioned.

"It's all good I know him personally lol. He's a smartass aussie shredder lol"

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:02 am
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LCMBQlQg24

here's a band covering paul gilbert's snakebite^

does anyone have any actual videos of paul gilbert playing it?

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:02 am
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

Quote:
dimebag darrell 1#

wrong, rich knows who frank gamble is and rich said otherwise.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:03 am
Viking Kong

That guy is repeating himself over and over!... he sounds like my ex gf complaining all the time, but he, unlike my ex, doesn't give me good sex. What a useless mouth. I've been pretty lonely since she left me :roll:, mind "giving me a hand"? ;););););););););) :hug:

Anyway, if Ken hasn't done it yet, he needs to be IP banned. If he already is, how come he's still here? :?

I spur stoic ass juice fossile !

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:07 am
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9uh9FN1hkk

dude, playing shedding skin by pantera^ he couldnt play solo 100% perfect, and other guy nailed paul gilbert solo.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:18 am
Godzilla

ßrono wrote:
Quote:
dimebag darrell 1#

wrong, rich knows who frank gamble is and rich said otherwise.

I actually have been told teh same thing about frank gamble, and i also agree, that i consider it otherwise...

that makes me better right?

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:21 am
Profile YIM WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next