View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:20 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Paul playing Technical Difficulties from GT 
Viking Kong

you eat balls, dude paul gilbert is a decent, guitarist but overrated all im, saying dimebag/rich ward are alot better and more versitile can play many more diff types of music, all paul can play is wannabe shred.

I've seriously had it with you man, Paul was one of the fucking innovators of shred guitar.
Taste is one thing, and I LOVE Dime myself, but you're a total fuckin' idiot if you think that Dime was a better guitarist than PG. There's a fine line between taste, and facts. Like people saying that DT "can't play" 'cus they don't like them. I'm not a big DT fan anymore, but due to all respect; DT can play, and DT can play very well. Also, like I mentioned in another thread; posers who thinks that people have no feel 'cus they don't play fuckin' 12-bars blues at 40 bpm, that's bullshit man.

Quote:
Im trying to help gilbert out here, if paul gilbert learned how to play some blues scales and shit, might help him make better solos would help him put more feeling/better note choice into solos.

You don't need fucking scales to have good note choises. Neither Dime nor Paul use scales when playing blues (theoretically anyways, what Paul uses when playing blues is a mixture of a lot of scales). Besides, blues never was about note choises, it's about mood, or feel/emotion if you like.

Quote:
paul gilbert is a fan of rich ward, so there you go.

I bet that Rich have a good thing or two to say about Paul as well. If not, he's really nothing but an asshole, case closed.

Quote:
what, are you gonna do kill me because i said rich ward/dimebag are better? sue me? wtf? im just stating obvious.

Nah man, you get longer trials for killing retards over here, I wouldn't even think twice about it.

Quote:
that's all, im not gonna post anymore im out peace.

Have a cold beer mate.

Really digging on Michael Hedges. And Shawn Lane. And Pat Metheny.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:11 pm
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

i dont want to be a asshole, but im pissed at the world pretty much there's no good guitarist out there who could play blues like dimebag, sure people say ohh steve ray vaughn is amazing, im sorry but dimebag solo's like 10's and shit or hardlines and sunken cheeks give me goosebumps, while other shit it's like yea typical sounding blues scales and shit.

paul gilbert is a good player, but i wish he could play blue's like true shit.

rich ward is about only player who i can think of who can actually play real blueish shit and metal at sametime/shred.

im sorry, but dude dimebag would own paul gilbert in a solo battle i promise you that or rich ward not just being biased here, ive seen dimebag and rich ward both jam in concert, paul gilbert is good, but seriously cannot fuck with them telling you.

Last edited by igotaafro on Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:21 pm
Viking Kong

i dont want to be a asshole, but im fuckin pissed at the world pretty much
Well don't take it out on us.

You just won't go away, will you? :lol:

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:27 pm
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

igotaafro wrote:
i dont want to be a asshole, but im fuckin pissed at the world pretty much
Well don't take it out on us.

You just won't go away, will you? :lol:

hmm, listened to pantera since 1990

some asshole had to kill dimebag in 2004 and i seen noobs saying dimebag's overrated lol.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bBmdkTmOotY

watch this then tell me dimebag's overrated.

the solo=soulful

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:37 pm
Godzilla

i dont want to be a asshole, but im pissed at the world

Mad at the wooorld!

And yes, Dimebag is an average metal guitarist.

Last edited by inhe on Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:42 pm
Viking Kong

Finally we agree man. Dimebag is nowhere near overrated, he's pretty much the perfect metal guitarist, and a great human being. Dime was my second guitar hero (my first was Keef), and just to see that guy smiling and living his way into all those notes is amazing, I wanna do that myself one day.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:44 pm
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

dimebag=one of a kind tone/style nobody sounds like him period.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:45 pm
Viking Kong

Well, I got a couple of years on you then. Cowboys from hell wasn't their 1st release. I used to live in Louisiana.

igotaafro wrote:
some asshole had to kill dimebag in 2004 and i seen noobs saying dimebag's overrated lol.
I love Dimebag as a guitarist. I also don't care what other people say who may not have educated opinions regarding talent.

It's sad that you're letting it bother you so much. Life's too short to be pissed all the time. Wouldn't you agree?

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:56 pm
Viking Kong

rich ward is about only player who i can think of who can actually play real blueish shit and metal at sametime/shred.

John 5?
Ritchie Kotzen?

People seem to be forgetting the beauty of opinion. If everyone only liked one thing then the music industry would be very boring.
I personally didn't like the youtube vid of Dimebag's "blues" solos. I'd much rather listen to Eric johnson or SRV for my blues. And who cares? only I should really. And if I don't like Dimebag as much as PG, who cares? I'm quite sure if he were still with us (RIP) then I doubt he'd give 2 shits if a few people on the racer-X board thought PG was better.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

eric johnson is terrible, none of his solos have that goosebump factor, he sounds like any other crappy wannabe blues guitarist, just noodling random shit on guitar calling it blues with no structure.

srv sucks, jimi hendrix was the real deal his music had goosebump factor.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PfS6Yb9wQ-c

he's rich ward playing solo in fozzy ^even one of rich ward's easiest solos is still faster than gilberts stuff lol.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:06 pm
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

igotaafro wrote:
Well, I got a couple of years on you then. Cowboys from hell wasn't their 1st release. I used to live in Louisiana.

igotaafro wrote:
I love Dimebag as a guitarist. I also don't care what other people say who may not have educated opinions regarding talent.

It's sad that you're letting it bother you so much. Life's too short to be pissed all the time. Wouldn't you agree?

i know metal magic was their first 1983, but i was only 6 years old in 1990.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:07 pm
Godzilla

eric johnson is terrible, none of his solos have that goosebump factor, he sounds like any other crappy wannabe blues guitarist, just noodling random shit on guitar calling it blues with no structure.

he's rich ward playing solo in fozzy ^even one of rich ward's easiest solos is still faster than gilberts stuff lol.

Jimi Hendrix had shit technique.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:31 pm
Viking Kong

igotaafro wrote:

Everyone had shit technique at one point, what the hell is your point?

Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:36 pm
Godzilla

inhe wrote:
igotaafro wrote:

Everyone had shit technique at one point, what the hell is your point?

Jimi Hendrix always had it. The point is that this guys argument's aren't based on anything, and he changes his standpoint on what he belives to be a good guitarist. First Rich Ward was faster than Paul, making him better, now he's talking about who gives the "goosebumps".

Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:40 pm
Viking Kong

I haven't read all his posts man, sorry, I didn't realise that! :) xD

Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:42 pm
Viking Kong

I shall make the assumption "igotaafro" is an immature child without any concept of reality.

Or grammar.

Dimebag is good.

Paul is better.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:43 pm
Viking Kong

Paul plays = Blues, shred, jazz, rock, POP, J-pop, classical and is about the coolest dude ever.

Dime plays = blues, coutry, he could shred, metal, rock and is also one cool dude.

I don't see Dime playing pop music, nor do i see paul playing authentic country. They are too different to compare. I wish you would see that they are both awesome guitarists.

BTW, find videos of Paul in the 80's...if that isn't fast (it is at least as fast as Michael Angelo Batio fo sho)...and check out his stage presence, always smiling and waving to the crowds and stuff while playing something mindblowing. Dime does that too.

They're both musicians with great personalities and great playing. Cowboys From Hell will never be as fast as Street Lethal or Superheroes, but Frenzy doesn't have the same phrasing as Cemetary Gates.

Comparing them is useless dude, just enjoy the music. I'm sure if you gave Paul a chance, you'd realize how phenominal his technique and phrasing is. That is why he's a virtuoso. Unless you sit there thinking the whole time "man I hate paul Dime is better", then you aren't really giving Paull a chance then are you?

I was a Paul fan first before i got into Dime, and i love them both equally. Why you can't do the same is astonishing.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:49 pm
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

"igotaafro" sucks at grammar.

I shall make the assumption "igotaafro" is an immature child without any concept of reality.

Or grammar.

Dimebag is good.

Paul is better.

lol, paul gilbert isnt better.

his solos dont sound as good and they arent as fast or have as much feeling.

rich ward is the best guitarist alive now though, i wish rich ward would solo more often or show off like paul gilbert. he's alot better.

Pantera's Dimebag Darrell often cited Stuck Mojo guitarist Rich Ward as his favorite living guitarist.

http://www.lambgoat.com/albums/view.aspx?id=2335

"The Duke aka Rich Ward rips and his shit fuckin' slams. He can play like nobody's business and with his balls to the floor. Rich is one of the great player/songwriters of our time and he's good people as well." - Zakk Wylde (Black Label Society and Ozzy Osbourne band)

enough said lol.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:26 pm
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

First of all guy with the fro'.

Paul plays = Blues, shred, jazz, rock, POP, J-pop, classical and is about the coolest dude ever.

Dime plays = blues, coutry, he could shred, metal, rock and is also one cool dude.

I don't see Dime playing pop music, nor do i see paul playing authentic country. They are too different to compare. I wish you would see that they are both awesome guitarists.

BTW, find videos of Paul in the 80's...if that isn't fast (it is at least as fast as Michael Angelo Batio fo sho)...and check out his stage presence, always smiling and waving to the crowds and stuff while playing something mindblowing. Dime does that too.

They're both musicians with great personalities and great playing. Cowboys From Hell will never be as fast as Street Lethal or Superheroes, but Frenzy doesn't have the same phrasing as Cemetary Gates.

Comparing them is useless dude, just enjoy the music. I'm sure if you gave Paul a chance, you'd realize how phenominal his technique and phrasing is. That is why he's a virtuoso. Unless you sit there thinking the whole time "man I hate paul Dime is better", then you aren't really giving Paull a chance then are you?

I was a Paul fan first before i got into Dime, and i love them both equally. Why you can't do the same is astonishing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rHv99XhJ5zk

lol pantera from 1984 is faster than paul gilbert from 2007.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:27 pm
King Of The Monsters

Image Image

Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next