View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Intonation Issues 
Promises to use Search button

Post Intonation Issues
I'm having some intonation issues with a couple of Fender Teles (one American, the other a knock-off, but still decent.) After having some adjustments done, I am noticing open chords sound out of tune even though the open strings are in tune (according to a couple different tuners I've used.) In particular an open A chords sound like hell. The high E sound flat even though the tuner says otherwise. It seems the notes on the G string go sharp when I press on them (moreso than the other strings).

Anyone have similar experiences. If so, what was your solution. I've seen all kinds of stuff on the market to help improve guitar intonation (i.e., Earvana, etc.)

Thx

Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:49 am
is evil...Evil Joe

Have you tried tuning each string using natural harmonics? If not, tune the open string first, then hit the harmonic at the 12th fret. You can also try this at the 24th fret (or where the 24th would be if you don't have one). This should give you a clear indication as to which strings require intonation adjustments, because if the harmonics are out of tune with the open string, then the fretted notes will be too.
Then it's just a matter of making small adjustments to the bridge saddles to correct any problems.

Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:01 pm
God Of The Sun

your action might be to gigh or also you might be pressing the strings to hard. if your playing with 9s its really easy to make em go sharp

The fact that flamethrowers exist is enough to prove that somewhere, sometime, someone said to themselves "you know, I wanna set those people over there on fire, but im just not close enough to get the job done".

Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Golden God

I think that you need to have your neck adjusted.

Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]