View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:24 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Paul playing Technical Difficulties from GT 
Author Message
is evil...Evil Joe

Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:27 pm
Posts: 52
Post Paul playing Technical Difficulties from GT
Somebody posted the vid from July 2007 issue of him playing TD. It's pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNq74XXUXC4


Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:13 am
Profile
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:31 pm
Posts: 617
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Post 
very awesome thanks for the link!


Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:40 am
Profile
Godzilla

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:42 am
Posts: 552
Post 
oh my lord, hes the absolute best. I get so excited every time i see a new video from him, he just keeps getting better as he gets older IMO because he has advanced past the serious speed that was early racerx into a combination of all the things he has learned...

[/fanboi rant] (for now)

:D :D :D :D :D


Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:12 am
Profile
is evil...Evil Joe

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:31 pm
Posts: 41
Post 
OMG that was sweet I like his improvisation on this one, it's going to my favourites :!:

Thanks for the post.


Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:04 pm
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:37 pm
Posts: 5165
Location: London
Post 
I saw this yesterday, that solo is awesome, isn't it from an older issue of something? Or am I wrong?

_________________
Thanks MDucran


Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:04 pm
Profile
Tab Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:15 am
Posts: 4931
Location: Here
Post 
Jesus Fucking Christ.

Anyone that denies that Paul Gilbert is the best electric guitar ever is just plain and simply wrong.


Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:36 pm
Profile
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:09 am
Posts: 1535
Location: SMOKE FREE!
Post 
sorry, paul is definately my no 1 favorite guitar player, but he isnt the best. thats shawn lane.

_________________
Image
Feel free to ask me ANYTHING.
Image


Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:44 pm
Posts: 11819
Post 
MDuCran wrote:
Jesus Fucking Christ.

Anyone that denies that Paul Gilbert is the best electric guitar ever is just plain and simply wrong.



LOL... +1.

It's so obvious....but people are dazzled by YJM or Petrucci speed of super tight scales.

I haven't seen any of those other guys doing 3 E octave tunings and human capos....

_________________
Ken Hower Wrote: My advice to everyone.....DO NOT purchase any of these photographs....Tim Findlay can jack off to his hearts content over his killer pictures...alone.

Regards,
Ken


Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Superhero
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:09 am
Posts: 1535
Location: SMOKE FREE!
Post 
Paul definately is THE COOLEST thug, dont get me wrong! 8)

_________________
Image
Feel free to ask me ANYTHING.
Image


Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 12:21 am
Posts: 8618
Location: Las Gárgolas, California
Post 
Fuck






I need this mag.

_________________
Jason Kahrs
October 1, 1973 - January 5, 2010
Rest In Peace My Friend


Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:21 pm
Posts: 778
Location: The Netherlands
Post 
+1 and I would like to add "wow :shock: 8) :D"

_________________
Image Image Image


Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:10 pm
Profile WWW
Dr. X
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:26 am
Posts: 179
Location: England
Post 
That ending lick ............. omfg :shock:

_________________
You walk a mile in another mans shoes and what do you have ...... you have the suckers shoes and hes a mile away http://www.myspace.com/hebimetasan


Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
God Of The Sun
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:09 am
Posts: 2835
Post 
I'm always amazed at people who can improvise and make things sounds amazing...that was definitely a good improv. solo! :)

_________________
Hey, if I wanted to be ridiculed, I'd go home!

The #1 Queensryche Source
Image


Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:48 am
Profile
Viking Kong
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:40 am
Posts: 11619
Location: Across The Universe
Post 
:shock: FUCK ME !!!


Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:07 am
Profile
Banned

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:08 am
Posts: 36
Post 
jual gilberete wrote:
sorry, paul is definately my no 1 favorite guitar player, but he isnt the best. thats shawn lane.


You are both wrong, paul gilbert and shawn lane have nothing on rich ward or darrell abbott, self taught guitarist always own the ones who took lessons.

Plus they are both better songwritters and their solos sound better.

1# guitarist of all time =dimebag

2# rich ward


Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:11 am
Profile
Unt! I'm a Moderator.
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 12:21 am
Posts: 8618
Location: Las Gárgolas, California
Post 
Rich Ward wrote:
jual gilberete wrote:
sorry, paul is definately my no 1 favorite guitar player, but he isnt the best. thats shawn lane.


You are both wrong, paul gilbert and shawn lane have nothing on rich ward or darrell abbott, self taught guitarist always own the ones who took lessons.

Plus they are both better songwritters and their solos sound better.

1# guitarist of all time =dimebag

2# rich ward


Nah.

_________________
Jason Kahrs
October 1, 1973 - January 5, 2010
Rest In Peace My Friend


Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:20 am
Profile WWW
Banned

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:08 am
Posts: 36
Post 
Beckerxguitarist wrote:
Rich Ward wrote:
jual gilberete wrote:
sorry, paul is definately my no 1 favorite guitar player, but he isnt the best. thats shawn lane.


You are both wrong, paul gilbert and shawn lane have nothing on rich ward or darrell abbott, self taught guitarist always own the ones who took lessons.

Plus they are both better songwritters and their solos sound better.

1# guitarist of all time =dimebag

2# rich ward


Nah.


YES
fact of life, shawn lane or paul gilbert will both tell you rich/dimebag are higher on a skill level, plus number1# key to being amazing guitarist is songwritting skills, shawn and paul just cant compare, technical ability comes after songwritting skills.


Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:21 am
Profile
Unt! I'm a Moderator.
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 12:21 am
Posts: 8618
Location: Las Gárgolas, California
Post 
Rich Ward wrote:
Beckerxguitarist wrote:
Rich Ward wrote:
jual gilberete wrote:
sorry, paul is definately my no 1 favorite guitar player, but he isnt the best. thats shawn lane.


You are both wrong, paul gilbert and shawn lane have nothing on rich ward or darrell abbott, self taught guitarist always own the ones who took lessons.

Plus they are both better songwritters and their solos sound better.

1# guitarist of all time =dimebag

2# rich ward


Nah.


YES
fact of life, shawn lane or paul gilbert will both tell you rich/dimebag are higher on a skill level, plus number1# key to being amazing guitarist is songwritting skills, shawn and paul just cant compare, technical ability comes after songwritting skills.


Leave a link to the Rich Ward forum in your message to Paul thread so he can sign up and promote himself.

_________________
Jason Kahrs
October 1, 1973 - January 5, 2010
Rest In Peace My Friend


Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:24 am
Profile WWW
Banned

Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:08 am
Posts: 36
Post 
Beckerxguitarist wrote:
Rich Ward wrote:
Beckerxguitarist wrote:
Rich Ward wrote:
jual gilberete wrote:
sorry, paul is definately my no 1 favorite guitar player, but he isnt the best. thats shawn lane.


You are both wrong, paul gilbert and shawn lane have nothing on rich ward or darrell abbott, self taught guitarist always own the ones who took lessons.

Plus they are both better songwritters and their solos sound better.

1# guitarist of all time =dimebag

2# rich ward


Nah.


YES
fact of life, shawn lane or paul gilbert will both tell you rich/dimebag are higher on a skill level, plus number1# key to being amazing guitarist is songwritting skills, shawn and paul just cant compare, technical ability comes after songwritting skills.


Leave a link to the Rich Ward forum in your message to Paul thread so he can sign up and promote himself.


lol, im not rich ward, he's a nice dude he wouldnt be doing this shit, but i like showing off this dude he's really smooth player and actually makes music that sounds good.


Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:25 am
Profile
Unt! I'm a Moderator.
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 12:21 am
Posts: 8618
Location: Las Gárgolas, California
Post 
Rich Ward wrote:
Beckerxguitarist wrote:
Rich Ward wrote:
Beckerxguitarist wrote:
Rich Ward wrote:
jual gilberete wrote:
sorry, paul is definately my no 1 favorite guitar player, but he isnt the best. thats shawn lane.


You are both wrong, paul gilbert and shawn lane have nothing on rich ward or darrell abbott, self taught guitarist always own the ones who took lessons.

Plus they are both better songwritters and their solos sound better.

1# guitarist of all time =dimebag

2# rich ward


Nah.


YES
fact of life, shawn lane or paul gilbert will both tell you rich/dimebag are higher on a skill level, plus number1# key to being amazing guitarist is songwritting skills, shawn and paul just cant compare, technical ability comes after songwritting skills.


Leave a link to the Rich Ward forum in your message to Paul thread so he can sign up and promote himself.


lol, im not rich ward, he's a nice dude he wouldnt be doing this shit, but i like showing off this dude he's really smooth player and actually makes music that sounds good.


Paul doesn't do shit like this either. Why do you have to sign up to a forum and bash a successful, loved, inspirational guitarist? What is it to you, or Rich Ward? What did he ever do to you? Does he steal fame from Rich? I'm being sarcastic and stupid because you are joining the forum and pointlessly posting shit about someone we all look up to.

Eat a balls.

_________________
Jason Kahrs
October 1, 1973 - January 5, 2010
Rest In Peace My Friend


Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:29 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.