View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Proof that no one has seen good guitar playing 
Viking Kong

I'm sure if the person who did that video knew we had an entire thread about him he'd be pretty flattered :lol:

-Mason

someone should comment there and send him a link of this thread! :wink:

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:11 pm
Profile YIM
Dr. X

I think the main point is, everyone is commenting on how great he is. It's one thing to post lame guitar playing, but it's the COMMENTS that are showing how guitar playing has really gone downhill.

And I don't think people here are comparing him to Paul Gilbert. I sure am not, and I don't have a right to since I myself don't compare to him. I think I should practice 8 hours a day, and perform Technical Difficulties live with my pop rock band. I bet no one in THAT audience has EVER seen playing like that before!

Chris

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:19 pm
is evil...Evil Joe

I'm Hepzibahbaptist.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:07 am
Profile YIM
is evil...Evil Joe

I see why all his comments are good, he keeps deleting all the negative comments. I left one a week ago, then another 2-3 days ago, and they are both gone. Also, the poster above me said he left one too and its gone. That's why all his comments are good.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:20 pm
Viking Kong

Now I have no sympathy for him.

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:25 pm
Dr. X

Holy shit!! How do you feel about him now?

Maybe he's smart. Maybe he KNOWS he's terrible/is playing poorly on purpose to make a point at how much people praise bad guitar playing nowadays.

Chris

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:34 am
Dr. X

It really depends on the persona. If he is going around tooting his horn that he is the second coming of Yngwie J. Meatball, then he deserves to be slammed. If he is just playing to have fun, then more power to him. Nothing wrong with just trying to rock out. Everyone has to start somewhere, and kudos to him for having some balls to record himself and post it for everyone (amateur and pro alike) to see.

http://myspace.com/mycatsbootsx

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:37 am
Profile WWW
Unt! I'm a Moderator.

It really depends on the persona. If he is going around tooting his horn that he is the second coming of Yngwie J. Meatball, then he deserves to be slammed. If he is just playing to have fun, then more power to him. Nothing wrong with just trying to rock out. Everyone has to start somewhere, and kudos to him for having some balls to record himself and post it for everyone (amateur and pro alike) to see.

I couldn't agree more.

If it weren't for this...

gmoney3 wrote:
I see why all his comments are good, he keeps deleting all the negative comments. I left one a week ago, then another 2-3 days ago, and they are both gone. Also, the poster above me said he left one too and its gone. That's why all his comments are good.

:roll:

Sure he has the balls to record himself, but he doesn't have the balls to deal with the bad that can come from it... instead of being afraid to post vids at the risk of being told that he is not awesome, he posts and covers his ass so everyone thinks hes a god. What a dick. :x

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:50 am
Profile WWW
Tab Master

Haha, he's been deleting the negative comments? That's fucking funny. :lol:

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:56 am
Motorman

Post Re:
Soupy wrote:
DirtySanchez wrote:
Why the fuck do you guys always rag on KIDS playing on Youtube??? I for one think it's cool that he's playing some real rock music, and not some bullshit "fallout boy" crap.

Grow up guys, stop acting like you're in middle school and post a vid of you playing it if you are so much better... jeez

:roll:

You my friend are an idiot. I dont care which song he does if he does it cleanly. Tremolo picking random notes it not better than "Fallout Boy"

Man you really crushed me there bro... Not sure what your point is, but I'm sure it's a good one in your mind...

Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:59 am
Motorman

Post Re: Proof that no one has seen good guitar playing
Judging by many of the comments I'm reading, many of you guys that would just unload on some kid for not being up to your own "virtuoso level" means either you do not have kids of your own, or you are yourself just a kid.. If you aren't impressed then just move on.. Why resort to the put downs? Man I really hate the bullying you see so much online... Grow up

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:05 am
Viking Kong

Post Re: Proof that no one has seen good guitar playing

You're hired. :)
For what...I have no clue.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:16 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3